Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw Monday March 3rd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Very surprised that Punk wasnt there considering how the show started.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Brilliant Raw, just hope they at least try to keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Moneymaker wrote: »
    That's Meltzers credibility down the tubes.

Still a good show though.

He hasn't a clue. Or he does but he'd very rarely offer anything other than speculation and half answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Moneymaker wrote: »
    That's Meltzers credibility down the tubes.

Still a good show though.

Not really, Punk is back in the WWE or he wouldn't have be mention

Brilliant Raw, just hope they at least try to keep it up.

Wouldnt say brilliant. There was a big lull in the middle. As a two hour show it would have been brilliant but the extra hour dragged it down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Jester252 wrote: »

If he was back he would have returned tonight. That is absolutely certain.

Could have been a ratings ploy. Obviously they were never going to drown out the crowd so play to it and people will keep watching.

D.Q wrote: »
    If he was back he would have returned tonight. That is absolutely certain.

The WWE wouldn't have mention him if he was not with the company.

The WWE wouldn't have mention him if he was not with the company.

He never left the company.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    He never left the company.

But he's back on speaking terms. Vince has no issue with burying guys that pissed him off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

What the hell is the world title match at mania? Have they just given up on the belt and decided Hunter's mates need to be on the card and having the belt on a garbage match doesn't matter? I'm still in denial that Batista orton is real.

But he's back on speaking terms. Vince has no issue with burying guys that pissed him off.

Perhaps he learned his lesson when he buried Austin? Burying someone is a sure fire way to ensure they wont be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Raw thread 643 posts long. Tomorrow someones prolly gonna think Punk came back

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

D.Q wrote: »
    He hasn't a clue. Or he does but he'd very rarely offer anything other than speculation and half answers.

Not necessarily. Looks like Mania will need all the help it can get with buyrates, could definitely be keeping him for then, or closer to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Was it just me or did they nullify the hijack raw folks quite well? Smothered them with goodness in the first hour to tire them out, and nothing much after that. A fair few punk chants alright but it seems nothing the hijack crew wanted to get over actually came to fruition

With no Punk, and a Pedigree for Bryan, it looks pretty certain that Orton vs Batista is going ahead as planned. Bryan is in too deep with Triple H now to use it as a qualifier or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

cian68 wrote: »
    What the hell is the world title match at mania? Have they just given up on the belt and decided Hunter's mates need to be on the card and having the belt on a garbage match doesn't matter? I'm still in denial that Batista orton is real.

I'm starting to think they're gonna go with Orton-Batista and just plonk it in the middle of the card and treat Taker-Lesnar and Bryan-HHH as the co-Main Events.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I like to think they have more respect for their fanbase (hey, stop laughing) and that they will realise nobody, especially not the hardcore fans who travel to Mania, will want to see Orton vs Batista.

Has there ever been a heel vs heel title World Title match? I can't think of any.

It makes sense to insert Bryan in there somehow if Punk won't be involved so I believe either some stip will get Bryan in there or else he will be added on the night. I think either way Bryan is doing double duty at Mania.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Perhaps he learned his lesson when he buried Austin? Burying someone is a sure fire way to ensure they wont be back.

Austin has been back, besides losing Austin didn't effect the company. Vince isn't going to promote someone who mightn't step back into a WWE arena

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Raw thread 643 posts long. Tomorrow someones prolly gonna think Punk came back

I hate you guys, so very much.

:mad:

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Watched just over the first hour, instead of the crowd hijacking raw, they made it more enjoyable, WWE did do great at giving the crowd people to cheer instead of chant CM Punk, it was also so fast pace the tv audience only saw the crowd when there was already people in the ring,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

3 things we learned from RAW;

1) WWE sure know how to troll / control a crowd when they need to,
    2) WWE will never deviate from their plans to give their fans what they want.
    3) Meltzer knows jack sh*t and did what we all have for the past few weeks and assumed Punk would be there. Insider knowledge he does not have.

Back to the problem at hand I wonder what Hogan's WM announcement will be next week? I'm betting it's something lame, maybe Biebler is performing at WM after all :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Bh2wjMYIgAAdetw.jpg
    Loughc wrote: »
    3) Meltzer knows jack sh*t and did what we all have for the past few weeks and assumed Punk would be there. Insider knowledge he does not have.

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

****, when i saw the 44 pages i thought Punk was back and something huge happened, how wrong was I, scumbag Dave Meltzer for having me believe Punk was going to show up

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    ****, when i saw the 44 pages i thought Punk was back and something huge happened, how wrong was I, scumbag Dave Meltzer for having me believe Punk was going to show up

Bit harsh for someone who didn't guarantee it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

rovert wrote: »
    Bit harsh for someone who didn't guarantee it.

True, he did say he only could be at Raw, but why report something on a whim/guess work?

Anything to get some more subscribers, controversy creates cash I suppose and all that.

Loughc wrote: »
    True, he did say he only could be at Raw, but why report something on a whim/guess work?

Anything to get some more subscribers, controversy creates cash I suppose and all that.

Wasn't based on a whim or guess work. He just quoted a source which even he said he didn't completely believe.

I've issues with how Dave reported it but a lot has to do with newzsites taking stuff out of context and sensationalising.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

rovert wrote: »
    Wasn't based on a whim or guess work. He just quoted a source which even he said he didn't completely believe.

I've issues with how Dave reported it but a lot has to do with newzsites taking stuff out of context and sensationalising.

Dave never reported that Punk would 100% be there. People read what they wanted to.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I wonder why it is WWE can't put shows like that on more often. Even if the crowd didn't exactly "hijack" the show, it shows that if a crowd makes itself known to expect a high standard of show, they'll get it.

Thought it moved at a massive pace for the first two hours, and slowed down a bit later on but was still great. Wyatts vs Shield was awesome, just 6 guys throwing themselves into a match. Brilliant. Usos winning the tag titles was great, Heyman turning a promo bout Punk into motivation for the Brock/Taker match was awesome.

And while there's no CM Punk....they never advertised him. A bit like the Rumble, people choose to ignore what was advertised and booked the show they wanted and then are annoyed when it never comes. I worry people are doing it for Mania too, building up a Bryan title win (worse, when WWE feels people know something is coming, they'll make sure it doesn't).

That said, I was sure he was coming back with how they handled the issue tonight; Punk's music at the begining, HHH teasing the crowd, Cena's promo...after weeks of pretending he didn't exist, Punk was all over this show without actually being on it.

Regardless, a really great Raw imo. 9/10.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Wonder would we get a triple threat at Mania, the two Real Americans and Big E for the IC title.

Advertisement