Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw Monday March 3rd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I thought the way the main event was booked it was strongly teasing Bryan to be added to the title match.

How they will do it? Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

similar Wrestlemania 10(in that he wrestles 2 matches), if Bryan can beat HHH, he is put in the main event,
    only thing is that could make batista and orton look weak to lose to someone who already competed,
    but then again they have not cared recently about making those two look weak.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I seriously wish people would stop with this "Bryan will be added to the title match" stuff.

Not saying it won't happen, but it's beyond fantasy booking at this stage, and I think it'll be another Rumble, another Chicago Raw, where WWE aren't giving any indications it's going to happen, but people are hyping themselves up for that moment anyway. And that's most likely going to lead to disappointment and the tainting of a show because of something not advertised at all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I seriously wish people would stop with this "Bryan will be added to the title match" stuff.

Not saying it won't happen, but it's beyond fantasy booking at this stage, and I think it'll be another Rumble, another Chicago Raw, where WWE aren't giving any indications it's going to happen, but people are hyping themselves up for that moment anyway. And that's most likely going to lead to disappointment and the tainting of a show because of something not advertised at all.
    Hey we're suppose to be bitter smarks around here, ok?! :P :pac:

I do agree it's unlikely but the current main event is so utterly boring that I'll grasp at any straws to see it improved...

Oh, don't get me wrong, that "main event" is a ****ing car crash, and I can see the crowd absolutely hijacking it and going to town on it. Complain away about it :pac:

Just think people would be better off going in expecting the car crash and being surprised (or at least letting it meet expectations), than going in thinking they are getting Bryan and being hugely disappointed and critical of the show because of something that was never promised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Oh, don't get me wrong, that "main event" is a ****ing car crash, and I can see the crowd absolutely hijacking it and going to town on it. Complain away about it :pac:

Just think people would be better off going in expecting the car crash and being surprised (or at least letting it meet expectations), than going in thinking they are getting Bryan and being hugely disappointed and critical of the show because of something that was never promised.

If we dont have hope what do we have, :D

I think we all know nothing is changing, our only choice is to enjoy whats being done well, and dream of what could have been!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Hope is part of being a wrestling fan.

That, and disappointment.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah it's almost definitely Bryan V HHH at Mania now.

Question is, will Orton V Batista be the last match on the card? Considering they seemed to have little-to-no build for it this week, might we see Bryan/HHH or maybe Taker/Lesnar as the last match instead?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Maybe I'm a traditionalist but the idea of the WWE World Title match not closing Wrestlemania really bothers me.

It's the biggest title at the biggest event of the year, it should be the focal point of the business, not a grudge match or a streak match. But they have seemed to have booked themselves into a corner with a heel vs heel title match making it increasily unlikely it will be the Main Event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Loughc wrote: »
    Maybe I'm a traditionalist but the idea of the WWE World Title match not closing Wrestlemania really bothers me.

It's the biggest title at the biggest event of the year, it should be the focal point of the business, not a grudge match or a streak match. But they have seemed to have booked themselves into a corner with a heel vs heel title match making it increasily unlikely it will be the Main Event.

Agree in principle but then you have those Manias were the title closed the show but was kinda crap: Mania 13, X8, XXV.

Undertaker vs Lesnar is the biggest match they've got.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Agree in principle but then you have those Manias were the title closed the show but was kinda crap: Mania 13, X8, XXV.

Undertaker vs Lesnar is the biggest match they've got.

Agree with all of that, WM13 found it hard to top Bret-Austin, X8 had Rock-Hogan and XXV had Taker-HBK all steal the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Agree with all of that, WM13 found it hard to top Bret-Austin, X8 had Rock-Hogan and XXV had Taker-HBK all steal the show.

The 3 Title matches all sucked even on paper for them cards though. Boy Jesse Pinkman didn't have a clue what was going on during the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

GTR63 wrote: »
    Boy Jesse Pinkman didn't have a clue what was going on during the match.

I'm only downloading now but that doesn't surprise me. Guests often look uncomfortable and unsure what to do. Maybe they should keep kayfabe up for guests and then let them assume it's "real". They mightn't end up looking like a headless chicken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I wonder if Hogan will make the Bryan-HHH match official next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Same in recent years, 25 had an asleep crowd after HBK/Taker. Taker's match usually drains the crowd so put it on last. It's one of the selling points now anyway, he has the handiest schedule in the company so they may as well make a big deal about him going on last, it's basically his retirement present at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I thought the way the main event was booked it was strongly teasing Bryan to be added to the title match.

How they will do it? Who knows.

I got the exact opposite impression. Bryan is now in far too deep with Triple H for it to be a qualifier match or anything like that. Bryan isnt going to be in the title match unless an injury occurs or someone else goes home.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

Any chance they really make it a Daniel Bryan Wrestlemania and have him beat HHH to earn a place in the title match?

The match last night was sending a lot of mixed messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Realising now that the road to wrestlemania will include a Luke harper John cena match. Should be sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

When is that Daniel Bryan vs Kane match on, I want to avoid it tbh. The latter half of the show dragged after a good start, Batista's performances are still lousy. Unless they put Punk or Bryan in it I dunno what they could do to save Orton vs Batista

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

GTR63 wrote: »
    When is that Daniel Bryan vs Kane match on, I want to avoid it tbh. The latter half of the show dragged after a good start, Batista's performances are still lousy. Unless they put Punk or Bryan in it I dunno what they could do to save Orton vs Batista

The best way to punish people like HHH and Stephanie is to give them what they want. They want to run with Batista-Orton a WM let them have it and if it fails it fails.

The match would have been changed if the marks had shown some basic intelligence and stopped paying to attend the events, buy PPVs,etc. If enough people had returned their WM tickets the day after the RR there's a very good chance the match would have been changed by now. Vince and co. don't care whether you like the product or not. He's got your money. That's all he cares about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

He's defo coming back tonight.

Josh Matthews just acknowledged the chants on the pre show there saying "you can hear the chants of CM Punk in the background. We are of course in Chicago the home town of Punk, who we haven't seen since the royal rumble".

I love the amount of thanks this got. Some people are convinced they they know it's gonna happen and then when it doesn't, they call it lame!

Then on the flipside We all complain that stuff is so predictable when a big return does happen but what do you expect if you scrutinise news sites? I hate spoiler culture! What's the point?

Personally think Batista/Orton could go on really early in the show. Wouldn't open with it, cause it could kill the crowd. Would put a fan-friendly match on, like Cesaro/Swagger or The Shield match.

But if there isn't a plan to change Orton/Batista, then they would be better off getting it done quickly. Cause if it closes the show, the crowd will expect Bryan added. Putting it on pre-Bryan/HHH at least lets the crowd know early that it's not a possibility.

Omackeral wrote: »
    I love the amount of thanks this got. Some people are convinced they they know it's gonna happen and then when it doesn't, they call it lame!

Then on the flipside We all complain that stuff is so predictable when a big return does happen but what do you expect if you scrutinise news sites? I hate spoiler culture! What's the point?

They were acknowledging Punk for the first time since he went home. That, along with reports that he was expected there, made it a logical assumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    They were acknowledging Punk for the first time since he went home. That, along with reports that he was expected there, made it a logical assumption.

It's just as logical that they felt they had to go with it. They knew the crowd would persist with the CM Punk thing. Chicago has always been one of those Smark crowds.

My guess would be that Punk is taking some time off. He may be back in a couple of weeks time or might run in at Mania

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Chicago, home of CM Punk and Smark Central where the fans plan to Hijack Raw... so of course it ends with no CM Punk and Bryan getting a Pedigree in the center of the ring as we go off air :pac:

apart from me being able to write the above, It was a really good show and they did a great job of handling the crowd but disappointingly they really look to be pushing ahead with Orton/Batista for Mania.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Batista and Orton going after Bryan was unusual. It does point to Bryan being involved with them soon.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Batista and Orton going after Bryan was unusual. It does point to Bryan being involved with them soon.

Orton went after Bryan to get Batista DQ'd.
    Batista attacked Bryan to save his friend, HHH.

Again, wouldn't read too much into it.

Orton went after Bryan to get Batista DQ'd.
    Batista attacked Bryan to save his friend, HHH.

Again, wouldn't read too much into it.

I think its another step in the road to Batista being the authority's guy and Bryan going after Batista in the near future.

If anything it's leading to a full turn for Orton.

• Advertisement

Nah, it's leading to Bryan v Batista.

They hardly turned Batista heel to turn the only other worthwhile (established) heel face.

I would be shocked if we don't get Bryan v Batista post mania.

Advertisement