Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw Monday March 3rd

Options
  • 28-02-2014 8:28am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭

www.bleacherreport.com/articles/1976031-wwe-will-face-most-hostile-audience-yet-in-chicago-on-monday-night-raw

www.twitter.com/ChicagoRAWcrowd

This is going to be absolutely incredible and personally, I can't wait to see the wwe get exactly what it deserves. The only thing that would make it better is if Raw next week was in MSG.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

3399728-tumblr_mghc4yyxak1ry10fwo1_400.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Execpt the mark out will be total when Punk (unannounced) come through the crowd and beats up Orton and/or Bootista for a triple threat at WM set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Batista should cement his heel turn at this - by doing an HBK/Montreal type promo on it

Cut to 7 minutes

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Batista should cement his heel turn at this - by doing an HBK/Montreal type promo on it
    Except I highly doubt Batista has the personality and mic skill to pull something even close to that off :/

Excluding Punk returning their best bet would be Bryan kicking the crap out of auhtority to try to swing the audience but I highly doubt they will bother.

Nody wrote: »
    Except I highly doubt Batista has the personality and mic skill to pull something even close off :/

he wouldnt need to, have him in the ring with his spotlight and just have him say "boo me? I am better than all of you and if you...."

*cult of personality blares*

song goes on for too long....fades out.....spotlight on again....

"you're all sheep, I control you, I am better than everyone here and I will prove it at WrestleMania, whether you idiots like it or not"

BOOM - INSTA-HEAT!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Yup it's looking more likely that DB won't be in the title pic and too be honest lads even if punk is added I can't see my self buying mania for DB V HHH, Lesner V Taker and Orton Punk & Bootista. First time I can ever member not ordering live!

he wouldnt need to, have him in the ring with his spotlight and just have him say "boo me? I am better than all of you and if you...."

*cult of personality blares*

song goes on for too long....fades out.....spotlight on again....

"you're all sheep, I control you, I am better than everyone here and I will prove it at WrestleMania, whether you idiots like it or not"

BOOM - INSTA-HEAT!
    Except that's not heat on him; that's heat on WWE and he has not played the audience in the way Michael played the audience like a harp putting all the hate on himself...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Nody wrote: »
    Execpt the mark out will be total when Punk (unannounced) come through the crowd and beats up Orton and/or Bootista for a triple threat at WM set up.

That's a nice dream. It needed more AJ Lee tho!

Loughc wrote: »
    That's a nice dream. It needed more AJ Lee tho!
    I try to keep my dreams seperate; AJ was busy with other tasks at the time but to comply with the request she'll host a diva swimming costume / bubble bath battle royal for 30 min :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Cut to 7 minutes

That would be amazing. The best thing WWE can do is play with it, get a bit of heat out it. Could also have Triple H saying he fired Punk, Bad News Barrett telling the crowd Punk isn't gonna be there. If they acknowledge Punk, it would make the crowd feel less rebellious, as it would feel like WWE want them to cheer for him. The fact that WWE are ignoring him is what makes the crowd cheer his name more than anything.

Honestly though, if WWE don't care about the crowd sh*tting all over Batista-Orton, the main event of one of the most important shows they will ever do, I don't see why they would care about the crowd reaction on one episode of RAW that will be forgotten about in a couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

What are the actual chances of Punk showing up Monday night? I cannot wait to hear the crowd at the start of this.. Roll on Monday night

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

If they have any sense they will open with Bryan and give him a lot of time to talk. Fans wont be chanting for Punk when Bryan is out there. Follow with a Cesaro match and post match promo, then something with the Shield or the Wyatts. Something with Lesnar/Undertaker, a long Bryan match, a long Shield six man. Keep Batista and Orton to a short backstage segment. Not sure which way to go with Cena.

They can really limit the opportunity to chant for Punk with a smart lay out. No Divas. AJ is the only one anybody cares about and that will obviously start the chants so it's best to give them the night off.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    If they have any sense they will open with Bryan and give him a lot of time to talk. Fans wont be chanting for Punk when Bryan is out there. Follow with a Cesaro match and post match promo, then something with the Shield or the Wyatts. Something with Lesnar/Undertaker, a long Bryan match, a long Shield six man. Keep Batista and Orton to a short backstage segment. Not sure which way to go with Cena.

They can really limit the opportunity to chant for Punk with a smart lay out. No Divas. AJ is the only one anybody cares about and that will obviously start the chants so it's best to give them the night off.

Regarding these two Ive underlined, Id imagine keeping Cena off to sell the injury would solve that problem. In relation to Batista and Orton, if they limit this to a backstage segment it will further devalue their headline WM match unless its a big backstage angle (Stone cold being hit by a car, Dxs bus being blown up etc). That being said Ive no idea how one could make Batista and Orton worth watching at this stage. No matter what they do regarding just Orton and Big Dav, I cant see anyone caring about this match unless something changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Cut to 7 minutes

One of the best pops ever, even if it was all for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

for those that haven't read
    batista turned heel on sd
    so chicago will be the perfect place for him to play a major role and get a ton of heat while doing it
    I can't wait to see the wwe get exactly what it deserves. The only thing that would make it better is if Raw next week was in MSG.

really depends on what way you look at it. wwe are getting a sold out show in a venue they played only 2 months ago and the most watched cable tv program this monday night by a country mile.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Regarding these two Ive underlined, Id imagine keeping Cena off to sell the injury would solve that problem. In relation to Batista and Orton, if they limit this to a backstage segment it will further devalue their headline WM match unless its a big backstage angle (Stone cold being hit by a car, Dxs bus being blown up etc). That being said Ive no idea how one could make Batista and Orton worth watching at this stage. No matter what they do regarding just Orton and Big Dav, I cant see anyone caring about this match unless something changes.

Anything with those two in ring will be hijacked. Keeping it backstage will limit that a lot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Early tangible evidence that fans are buying tickets on the expectation of a Punk return:
    --Curiosity over C.M. Punk possibly being at Raw on Monday has caused tickets on the resale market to go up. The prices had been weak in the sense you couldn't get more than face value for tickets, but now they are up $20 across the board. There were 387 tickets on the secondary market. (thanks to Mike Miazga)

Credit: F4WOnline

^^ that sound is WWE currently laughing their ass off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Be great if his music goes off.. wait 10-15 seconds and bad news Barrett comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Maybe we will see DB Vs. DB main event this Raw for Bootista's Mania title shot :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭kksaints

A big long Triple H promo at the start of this is the best option. 30 mins of Triple H talking crap. Have the crowd wear themselves out by booing so much so that they're exhausted for the rest of it.:D:D:D

Seriously WWE will have a tough job to keep the crowd from dumping on this. Sending out Daniel Bryan at the start is something of a risk (It wont look good if the crowd ignore him) but is probably the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Be great if his music goes off.. wait 10-15 seconds and bad news Barrett comes out.

This needs to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I like how everyone mentions everything we said they should do from the podcast.

It's almost as if someone of you actually listened to it. :pac::pac:

kksaints wrote: »
    Seriously WWE will have a tough job to keep the crowd from dumping on this. Sending out Daniel Bryan at the start is something of a risk (It wont look good if the crowd ignore him) but is probably the best option.

If Bryan doesnt work, they may as well just send Batista and Hornswoggle out for the rest of the night as nothing else will work either.

If Bryan doesnt work, they may as well just send Batista and Hornswoggle out for the rest of the night as nothing else will work either.

WWE should put on a Bryan vs Cesaro match. It would be fascinating to see how the fans would react to that.

WWE should put on a Bryan vs Cesaro match. It would be fascinating to see how the fans would react to that.

Problem is they need the two of them seperate to use up more time. Putting them against each other leaves a hole that will be filled with Punk chants.

Unless they let them go for an hour or something, but I cant see that happening.

Problem is they need the two of them seperate to use up more time. Putting them against each other leaves a hole that will be filled with Punk chants.

Unless they let them go for an hour or something, but I cant see that happening.

60 minute ironman match fits the bill.:D

60 minute ironman match fits the bill.:D

If only!

Bryan promo to open, interrupted by Cesaro and Zeb, challenge made ~20 minutes.
    Commercial ~3 minutes.
    Ziggler vs some randomer ~5 minutes.
    Shield promo ~2 minutes.
    Commercial ~3 minutes.
    Bryan vs Cesaro confirmed, Batista backstage segment ~2 minutes.
    Christian vs some randomer ~10 minutes.
    Sheamus/Christian stuff ~2 minutes.
    Wyatts promo ~2 minutes.
    Commercial ~3 minutes.
    Sandow vs Cody? ~10 minutes.
    Commercial ~3 minutes.
    WWE Network!!!!!! ~2 minutes.
    Bryan vs Cesaro with probably about 30 commercials knowing Raw ~65 minutes.
    Post match with Triple H ~3 minutes.
    Commercial ~3 minutes.
    Orton backstage segment ~2 minutes.
    Cena update ~1 minute.
    Main event hype ~1 minute.
    Commercial ~3 minutes.
    Six man tag ~30 minutes.
    Show ending brawl

That leaves about 10 minutes by my count. Throw the Uso's in there somewhere and that should be that. Christian's match would be the only real chance for a Punk take over and that would depend on who he faced.

Knowing WWE, they'll open with Cena, give Orton and Batista about 20 minutes in the ring, give Triple H about the same etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Definitely goin to stay awake for RAW on Tuesday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Saw this and thought it was pretty funny:

Advertisement