Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iZombie [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Episode is on Netflix now

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

It seems to me this was suppose to be a two hour opener and not split in two. Only way I can make sense to have that cliffhanger and it be done away with in the first two minutes.

Was there ever a reason said why Ravi can have sex with peyton and not pass on the Zombie Virus?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

jface187 wrote: »
    It seems to me this was suppose to be a two hour opener and not split in two. Only way I can make sense to have that cliffhanger and it be done away with in the first two minutes.

Was there ever a reason said why Ravi can have sex with peyton and not pass on the Zombie Virus?
    I think its because he only becomes a zombie for a few days every month

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

His "monthlies"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm still watching this but only because it's the final series so I kind of want to see it out. Season 2 in particular was an exceptionally witty, smart, well plotted and utterly charming series and there is very little of that show on display any more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, this is giving off none of the airs of a typical final season, where plot and character kicks it up a gear (sometimes including burn off by killing various side characters) as it hurtles towards its finale. Very underwhelming stuff so far; a better second episode but not by much.

In fact it feels like a show just going through the motions, a claim that feels more and more apt with the CW output.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I stand by my statement, this is the most lackadaisical final season I've watched in a long time; really doesn't feel like the story's coming to a close - in places it kinda does sure, but in most others it comes off like typical mid-season filler we've seen before, comedy brain stories n' all.

And I dunno who came up with that "French" Filmore Graves character, but he has been so toe curlingly awful since the moment he stepped on the show with that weird, warmed-up Inspector Closseau routine...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah that French character is awful.

I agree about the final season. It doesn't feel like it's building towards any huge denouement. It's just limping along. Maybe it'll start ramping up soon now that we're getting towards the midpoint.

I wouldn't mind but the story literally has nukes pointed at Seattle, with the humans ready to revolt, so it's not like there isn't readymade Final Season material there. It gets mentioned here and there, Payton going off to Washington occasionally; maybe it's the problem I think plagues a lot of CW shows, in that it can't wriggle out from its own narrative scope (murder whodunnits with comedy brain themes) to tell the bigger, punchier story right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Finally things are ramping up. Only took 8 episodes. :o

• Advertisement

The series has picked up since the revelation that Al was Sandy's niece and her article on Blaine was part of a larger plan. But it's still such a shadow of the show it was at it's peak. The bits that really get me are the few scenes Major has where he is interacting with Ravi and Robert Buckley gets a chance to be funny and charming and share the great chemistry he has with Rahul Kohli, instead of a stressed military commander.
    pixelburp wrote: »
    And I dunno who came up with that "French" Filmore Graves character, but he has been so toe curlingly awful since the moment he stepped on the show with that weird, warmed-up Inspector Closseau routine...

He is so very, very weird. The first time he appeared I assumed he was on some crazy brains but then he appeared again and it turned out that no, that's honestly what the writers and actor/director thinks a French detective is like.:confused:

I was a bit irritated that Al was a stooge, I thought the character had agency enough without it being part of some scheme to undermine Blaine. Agree with the comments about Major, he's stuck off in his own little arc & turning him into a soldier was always a huge mistake IMO.

On the "Car Salesman" episode and the pace has picked up a little; strange to have the Big Bad only reveal himself this far into the season but just thankful that events are beginning to take off a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,991 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Doesn't appear to be a new episode this week.

Think 4th July weekend has a lot of shows skipping a release.

The show finally picks up with Liv dad coming in. I wish he came in last season, bulit him up so we care about him and then his plan is reveled. Unless I missed something, is there still not a whole lot we know about him? Like were did the metal plate come from? Where was he the past five years and how he became this mastermind of the new zombie order. It just feels really rushed. Now the french guy is the big bad? boo.

Two more to go. I hope Donnie kills Blaine. I assume Blaine killed the girl to get back at Donnie. I said before Blaine should have gone long ago. His not connected to the main story and Liv & Major seem to have given up getting him for the crimes his done. Donnie taking him out seems to be the only fitting end for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

jface187 wrote: »
    The show finally picks up with Liv dad coming in. I wish he came in last season, bulit him up so we care about him and then his plan is reveled. Unless I missed something, is there still not a whole lot we know about him? Like were did the metal plate come from? Where was he the past five years and how he became this mastermind of the new zombie order. It just feels really rushed. Now the french guy is the big bad? boo.

Two more to go. I hope Donnie kills Blaine. I assume Blaine killed the girl to get back at Donnie. I said before Blaine should have gone long ago. His not connected to the main story and Liv & Major seem to have given up getting him for the crimes his done. Donnie taking him out seems to be the only fitting end for him.

I don't think Blaine killed her..at least I hope not..she didn't have that long to live anyway.
    Can't believe there's only 2 episodes left? It feels like the writers just went "oh ****..we better write an ending" just before this.
    I'm guessing now Ravi tells Major who was the lynchpin so that will tie that up and then just deal with the general and the burger van one... I wonder will they leave it open ended with the brothel girls.

I assume the french guy will still go ahead with the plan and start off the human/zombie war? maybe. I know the show doesn't have the biggest budget so maybe the war might be out of their reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Show is so rushed can't believe there is only 2 left, I actually thought Liv's fathers death was a set up he was in and out so quickly.
    I'm gonna go with Ravi creating a cure from the tainted utopium and the city getting nuked while the zombies are still outside in the brothel.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was behind so got the last 7 episodes watched on Monday. 3 days straight of Rob Thomas shows. Some day I'll check out Party Down.

Anyway, yeah 1 to go now. I was thinking after those 7 episodes that Blaine won't get a happy ending. He's likeable enough that the fans like him and want him to stick around, but evil enough that the majority of people wouldn't complain if he got his comeuppance. But after what he did this week, it just put the final nail in that coffin.

Well next week is the finale. Looking forward to it. Live and Major to finally get married after that slight hiccup 5 years ago? :)

So after all that, all the threat, the zombie faction leader is ... the frickin' Inspector Clusseau knock off? NOT Livs dad? Bad move iZombie, really bad move and just made the dad's presence retroactively redundant filler - which if I'm honest formed about 80% of this final season.

I liked the main plot mind, the heist was a fun last adventure for the main trio, but it was also a highlight of the shows weakeness both this season and across the board. The internal inconsistency with the brain personalities was always a problem, basically boiling down to whatever the plot required, logic be damned.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

pixelburp wrote: »
    So after all that, all the threat, the zombie faction leader is ... the frickin' Inspector Clusseau knock off? NOT Livs dad? Bad move iZombie, really bad move and just made the dad's presence retroactively redundant filler - which if I'm honest formed about 80% of this final season
    Ah monsieur, was it not that Closseau took over from Liv's dad after executing him, non? Sacre bleu!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well that was a disappointing end to what at one time was a great show.

The last two seasons were really going down hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The whole last episode felt very rushed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭allen175

The last 2 episodes were extremely rushed, felt like they had filmed a lot more but cut it down for time.

Overall very disappointed with the finale, could have been done so much better.

Yeah it was just ok, I guess. Always going to be a struggle to pull it off, esp since the show done a 180 since it's started. The final bit was a bit off. Everybody just going to be a zombie now, and Liv making "hey that's life" face at the end doesn't make for a great final shot.

That was a deeply underwhelming finale and then some; rushed and unfulfilling, often all over the place. Least I look for in these final ever episodes is a good send off for the main cast - so by that metric alone it was a failure.

And leaving on a twist of opt-in zombieism, reminds that the show never once addressed the moralities or realities of functional immortality; previously sick children, now scratched and un-aging or growing up? It sounds kinda perverse and while I get iZombie was never that dark a show, the door it opened always remained noticeable.

Very disappointing ending.
    Its like no one told the writers until at the end that the show were finishing.
    The Blaine ending was awful. I would have preferred if Donnie had shot him than end like that.
    Also how did Peyton know? Donnie's girlfriend was the frey kid so her brain was given to someone. Obviously the writers forgot this part or thought no one would cop it.
    I wonder were they hoping Netflix or someone would take it over or a sequel to be made.

Well I thought that was great. 15 minutes of hijinx on a plane in a 45 minute finale! What's not to love? And then a final showdown against both our two great antagonists Inspector Clouseau Enzo and Dolly Durkins!!!! What a pay off for whole of minutes of set up for these two classic villains. So many she's dead, she's not dead, he's dead, he's not dead, she's dead twists!!! All the tears of grieving partners who we never get to see discovering their loved one is alive!!! A shocking bombing leading to a 10 years later jump to a surprise husband and wife led police department and virtual reality shenanigans with Piz! That's not to mention the thrilling, never seen before drama of a last minute dash to a labouring wife who's refusing to push until her husband gets there. And the swept under the carpet questions posed by the forever teenagers and a form of immortality that nearly all humans will want to take advantage of but depends on dead humans to sustain itself! And how heartwarming to think of Ravi and Peyton moving to Zombie Island to be reunited with Liv and Major when we've just spent several whole seconds feeling sad that they live in other parts of the country now.

It will go down with Six Feet Under as one of the all time great finales!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,991 ✭✭✭✭flazio

iguana wrote: »
    Well I thought that was great. 15 minutes of hijinx on a plane in a 45 minute finale! What's not to love? And then a final showdown against both our two great antagonists Inspector Clouseau Enzo and Dolly Durkins!!!! What a pay off for whole of minutes of set up for these two classic villains. So many she's dead, she's not dead, he's dead, he's not dead, she's dead twists!!! All the tears of grieving partners who we never get to see discovering their loved one is alive!!! A shocking bombing leading to a 10 years later jump to a surprise husband and wife led police department and virtual reality shenanigans with Piz! That's not to mention the thrilling, never seen before drama of a last minute dash to a labouring wife who's refusing to push until her husband gets there. And the swept under the carpet questions posed by the forever teenagers and a form of immortality that nearly all humans will want to take advantage of but depends on dead humans to sustain itself! And how heartwarming to think of Ravi and Peyton moving to Zombie Island to be reunited with Liv and Major when we've just spent several whole seconds feeling sad that they live in other parts of the country now.

It will go down with Six Feet Under as one of the all time great finales!:p
    After reading that.

It wasn't quite Orphan Black was it? A lot wrong with it. I mean, why did Liv and Major decide to stay Zombie? Maybe if they threw out a line about them dieing if they turned human would make more sense or something.

• Advertisement

flazio wrote: »
    After reading that.

It wasn't quite Orphan Black was it? A lot wrong with it. I mean, why did Liv and Major decide to stay Zombie? Maybe if they threw out a line about them dieing if they turned human would make more sense or something.

The part about the dying frey children needing someone to look after them?
    Remember the child asking Liv if there was a cure does that mean those kids died etc?
    That part was fairly obvious.

Advertisement