Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iZombie [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

woo hoo ! so excited. It's on Netflix tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Re-watched the last 2 eps of Season 2 and now I am sufficiently buzzed for the commencement of Season 3...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,939 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Had a quick check after work and I didn't see it there. Hope there isn't an Irish rights problem.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

A few people tweeting to Netflix UK & Ireland twitter account asking what's up there.. no response.

I'll be pissed off if there's an Irish rights problem due to RTE who barely show it and then only in dead-air slots. That'd be an insulting slap in the face.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,951 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, a bit miffed there's no update from Netflix. It was definitely announced season 3 would be a weekly thing, right? Be mightily annoyed if this is all because RTE got the rights so they can bury it in some graveyard slot.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Yeah, a bit miffed there's no update from Netflix. It was definitely announced season 3 would be a weekly thing, right? Be mightily annoyed if this is all because RTE got the rights so they can bury it in some graveyard slot.
    The UK definitely have it. So is Netflix Ireland being screwed over by "We're worth twice the licence fee" RTE crap?
    I seem to recall we took a couple of days previously to catch Crazy-Ex Girlfriend after it aired on the UK so maybe just an initial teething issue.

It was announced that it was going up the day after on UK and Australian Netflix, we just assumed that as the Irish Netflix is closely tied to the UK service, we'd be getting it along with the UK. So far not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

I'm so annoyed I was really looking forward to watching Season 3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,951 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

flazio wrote: »
    It was announced that it was going up the day after on UK and Australian Netflix, we just assumed that as the Irish Netflix is closely tied to the UK service, we'd be getting it along with the UK. So far not the case.

Huh. I actually assumed we WERE on Netflix UK and there wasn't a unique Irish service. For once a company bothering to acknowledge our nationhood (not looking at anyone, Amazon!) is a pain lol.

• Advertisement

Huh. I actually assumed we WERE on Netflix UK and there wasn't a unique Irish service. For once a company bothering to acknowledge our nationhood (not looking at anyone, Amazon!) is a pain lol.
    Well to be fair their Netflix Twitter account is Netflix UK & Ireland. Our catalogue is nearly identical so when they tweet about iZombie start dates it's fair to assume it applies to us.
    If we're not getting it then it's another disgrace by the idiots in Donnybrook.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Has anyone actually watched it? Spoilers ahead if you haven't;

I suspect Don E might be right about Blaine. His own personality certainly seemed to be reasserting itself when they talked. He was also showing signs of his old self when he was alone debraining the body in the mortuary and his personality shift when Peyton arrived certainly seemed deliberate.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

iguana wrote: »
    Has anyone actually watched it? Spoilers ahead if you haven't;

I suspect Don E might be right about Blaine. His own personality certainly seemed to be reasserting itself when they talked. He was also showing signs of his old self when he was alone debraining the body in the mortuary and his personality shift when Peyton arrived certainly seemed deliberate.
    Totally agree - either Don E is right from the start or else the
    memory is starting to come back (or has come back entirely)

Other than that I thought it was a fantastic opener; production values which have always been fine have definitely ramped up this season; all the characters feel like they have been developed a bit in the writers' room since last season, they're all immediately more rounded and deep than they were before (Clive I thought in particular gets a good polish).

Very excited to see where they go.

Edit: One thing I can't remember from last season and (it might be just me) but they seem to have been kind of teasing in the opener
    is Blaine still cured, or is he a zombie again?

ixoy wrote: »
    Well to be fair their Netflix Twitter account is Netflix UK & Ireland. Our catalogue is nearly identical so when they tweet about iZombie start dates it's fair to assume it applies to us.
    If we're not getting it then it's another disgrace by the idiots in Donnybrook.

Well I contacted Netflix through their Live Chat, and didn't really get much beyond what we speculated. Yes, the UK have a weekly episode, while Ireland doesn't for what are probably rights reasons. So yeah, probably RTÉ have the rights for a show they don't really give a sh*t about, to pad out their substandard player we may end up paying twice per-year for :rolleyes:

To quote:
    NetflixRep wrote:
    Seems like indeed a new episode is coming on Wednesday on UK while in Ireland we still don't have news. When this happens is usually due to licenses and rights (meaning we were able to get them in one region but not another). It'd be great if you could let us know you want season 3, you just need to ...

Sigh.

UK/Ireland Netflix is the same, but they can individually geo-block certain shows where necessary. I find it hard to believe that RTÉ could have paid enough or negotiated well enough to get a geo-block for iZombie.

UK/Ireland Netflix is the same, but they can individually geo-block certain shows where necessary. I find it hard to believe that RTÉ could have paid enough or negotiated well enough to get a geo-block for iZombie.

Who knows; perhaps RTE snagged some form of 'first dibs' on future seasons or suchlike, just in case the show took off & preventing Netflix from broadcasting it 'til RTE got around to it first. All speculation of course, but Customer Support didn't provide any enlightenment. Shenanigans like this just play right into more illegal means IMO; won't pretend I'm not tempted myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,434 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Or simply The CW were happy to double sell the rights.

No channel in the U.K. was showing it so easy to sell the rights to Netflix.

But RTE are willing to buy first run tv rights so The CW are happy to do that then sell second run/online rights for Ireland to Netflix.

Have RTE even shown the second season?
    This sort of crap by them is why I loathe paying the TV licence..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I'm really annoyed that Netflix don't have the 3rd season. I was looking forward to starting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Disappointed it's not on Netflix - I'd really rather not sail the seven seas on a pirate ship, but desperate times and all that...

Anyway, great opener and nice set up for the season - a bit lighter on the humour than usual given this episode was slightly more serious than most, but the promo for episode 2 seems to have humour in spades and looks like it'll be good craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,126 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

So will season 3 be on Netflix at all or just after the season has aired?

J. Marston wrote: »
    So will season 3 be on Netflix at all or just after the season has aired?

No idea, at least according to the Netflix rep I chatted to. He had no info on whether or when it might appear on Netflix Ireland.

This may or may not be RTÉ's doing folks, so lets ease up on the TV licence torching that has become so popular of late.
    It sucks, yes but I'm sure it won't be forever.

*Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is another kettle of fish altogether.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Edit: One thing I can't remember from last season and (it might be just me) but they seem to have been kind of teasing in the opener
    is Blaine still cured, or is he a zombie again?

Blaine reverted back to zombie towards the end of season 2 but fearing that he was dying (like A New Hope did) he took Ravi's cure and woke up with no memory of the previous few years and a nicer disposition, probably due to the charity fundraiser brain he was on at the time. We saw him insert the needle full of Ravi's formula but it's possible he never actually injected it? So maybe he never went through with it and he stayed a zombie, the nicer aspects of his personality were just the usual brain eating personality changes? It would also explain how easily he took out the goons holding Peyton.

In fact, thinking about it. He was looking at a muscular dystrophy website before he seemed to take the cure. (The charity for which the person who's brain he ate was raising money for.) Maybe the brain he ate was from a sufferer as well as a fundraiser and Blaine's feelings of weakness were a symptom of the brain rather than a sign of the cure killing him. Blaine could have figured it out at the last second and not taken the cure. It would also explain how Major is still going strong, as Blaine was weakening within an episode of reverting to zombiehood. And it would be why he hid the brain from Peyton. He was planning on eating it, so when he heard someone coming he his first instinct was to hide what he was doing.

Well I'm convinced. Blaine is still a zombie and has been ever since just before Voss slit his throat. Because he either never took Ravi's cure or the cure didn't work for some reason but I suspect the former rather than the latter.

Really enjoyed this week's episode; good to get some more backstory for Clive and Major was good on teenage girl brain! On the other hand, Liv was annoying on the dad brain... but that was obviously the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So the Scratching Post owners will just be using the Blaine method to get customers. Anyone else see someone accidentally enter the scene when Balaine's dad was being welcomed to the club. Someone wlaked out of the archway at the far end of the bar, saw they were filming and went back.

If I was Liv, there's a good chance I would've asked Major where he got Zumba Teacher brains.

Be interesting to see what happens with Blaine now

• Registered Users Posts: 60,434 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dominatrix Liv, Oh Yeah :)

This week's episode was so good, but I think the "twist" has been called out on here for weeks!

Interesting that the show has been renewed and Rob Thomas said
    he changed the finale in anticipation of it being renewed and that whatever happens will be a big reset (I'm paraphrasing)

iZombie is already renewed for a 4th season BTW; announcement was made yesterday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,422 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Wasn't impressed with last night's episode. Only Babineaux's role and Peyton's top saved it from being a complete stinker. Not sure if I was overly tired and missed who the killer was but it seemed very disjointed. Strange as I can't think of a bad episode in this so far upto now.

Advertisement