Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iZombie [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Says a lot that we cared about a character after only a few episodes.
    Didn't realise she was Charlotte in The 100 or young Kara in Supergirl. I know she's still young but after her appearance in iZombie and having been in those other 2 shows, I'd be surprised if she doesn't get a main role in a CW series soon. Though looks like she has a steady role on The Fosters

For Peyton, all the goodbyes made me think she'll be captured.

Don't think I saw this here before

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,991 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm not sad about it. It was a good series that's had its time and at least the writers have a chance to wrap it up neatly

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

5 seasons seems about right; there's only so much story you can get out of a concept before you're just going in circles. The fourth season & the reveal of zombies to the general public was a huge bell to ring; once it happened, it was arguable the whole narrative went on a clock, because clearly everyone's going to look to a resolution one way or the other.

I think if the writers have a chance to wrap things up and tie up loose ends in a satisfactory end, the word 'cancelled' seems a little overly harsh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Caught up on about 5 episodes over the weekend, having fallen behind, and just watched the Season Finale.

Good stuff overall - I enjoyed how much more serialized it became towards the end of the season and the brain-of-the-week stuff was more or less dropped or mostly sidelined. Will be interesting to see how the final season plays out.

Also, Paul Rudd... That's a good get.

Wow, Liv is completely selfish. After Dale and Clive went to the bother of writing vows, Liv just turns around and makes them mean less.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,428 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wow, Liv is completely selfish. After Dale and Clive went to the bother of writing vows, Liv just turns around and makes them mean less.

I think they’d be ok with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Thought it was interesting that Ravi pointed out there isn't enough of the cure - a lot of place-setting for the final season, but I'm just wondering if he will somehow find a way to synthesise it or if the end-game is just humans/zombies peacefully co-existing.

Fairly sure we now have Major/Liv totally set up to be together at the end and I'm ok with that!

Wonder how Ravi came to the conclusion the whole brain needs to be eaten, considering he just gave a small piece to the rats.

I like to think Clive's other woman is still waiting for him in the car since last week, Airplane style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Wonder how Ravi came to the conclusion the whole brain needs to be eaten, considering he just gave a small piece to the rats.

I like to think Clive's other woman is still waiting for him in the car since last week, Airplane style.
    I didn't think the whole brain needed to be eaten?

I didn't think the whole brain needed to be eaten?

Liv did make the point of asking does she eat the whole thing which Ravi confirmed that she does.
    How many of the original Max Rager synthesised cures does Blaine have left? I can see that coming into play by the end of next season.

flazio wrote: »
    Liv did make the point of asking does she eat the whole thing which Ravi confirmed that she does.
    How many of the original Max Rager synthesised cures does Blaine have left? I can see that coming into play by the end of next season.

About 15 I think.
    He used it on a guy he tortured and the major.
    Did he sell any though?

Wasn't that Kardashian type woman a cured zombie? White Girl, or whatever her name was

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Wasn't that Kardashian type woman a cured zombie? White Girl, or whatever her name was

Yeah that's the brain that Ravi ate

Yeah so if she was cured, she must have gotten it from Blaine.

But that's the cure that's only temporary, right? Like Major and Blaine used before

But that's the cure that's only temporary, right? Like Major and Blaine used before

It was a permanent cure..this was version 2.
    Version 1 was the temporary one with amnesia.

the first cure was making them sick once they became human but the second cure which he stole was a proper cure. Ravi can't make anymore as the infected Max Rager drink doesn't exist anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

The esp before with Major and Liv living together 60's style was so jarring with what we got with Liv new "Boyfriend". You can blame some of it on the brain but seems to suggest the feelings are still there for Liv & Major. It so hard to get into Liv boyfriends as they seem so disposable. I didn't think she was that much into this new guy, I don't even recall his name.

Blaine father death seems less dramatic or impactful for a character that's been part of the show for so long. If he was shot down riding the horse (Planet of the ape's style) it would have been a cool send off. Who hell was that reporter and wtf is F.U.R.Y news? Would the reporter be standing that close to live gunfire?

Liv giving up the cure was cool. Not happy about Major and Blaine working together. I know it's not major's first choice and calls Blaine out for being a murderer but god they need to some sort of punishment for Blaine at the end.

https://twitter.com/CWiZombie/status/1083472731654352896?s=19
    I imagine we can expect it on Netflix the day after.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A smidge of a trailer has popped up for the final season; really not much to go on from it, but hey:

Back tonight!

Anyone know if Netflix IE are getting the weekly episodes? I presume the UK are again, hoping the nonsense with RTÉ sitting on the rights is resolved.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Anyone know if Netflix IE are getting the weekly episodes? I presume the UK are again, hoping the nonsense with RTÉ sitting on the rights is resolved.

Well, we got weekly episodes last season so I would have hoped so. However no sign of the episodes either here or in the UK.

Did we? :confused: Getting seasons mixed up possibly, there was definitely one season where we (Ireland) didn't get the weekly hit.

Beginning of last season, I think. We didn't start getting them weekly until a number of episodes in.

I just checked netflix and the new episode is there now.

Yup, Netflix IE has weekly episodes: found the premiere slightly underwhelming, didn't really feel like the first episode of the last season, more like a middle-episode TBH. Not a huge fan of intermittent zombie brain Ravi either, so ... Yeah. We'll see how things are wrapped up I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Yeah felt the same way. Just like where back into it. Not a strong opener. Ravi was kinda funny, but it was over the top. I'm not even sure what this show can do now for a big ending? A cure with Liv and Major getting together? Seems almost to go against this show trying to say being a zombie isn't all bad.

New episode not on netflix yet?

• Advertisement

New episode not on netflix yet?

Probably not released until 12 maybe

Advertisement