Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday Night Raw 24-2-14 *EC Spoilers*

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

SlickRic wrote: »
    make no mistake about it, making the title match Orton v Batista is a solid "fúck you" to the fans.

Totally agree. Michael Cole, the face commentator, even admitted it; "Batista is in the main event whether you people like it or not". No doubt he was prompted by HHH/Vince.

It's funny when I hear rumours that they are concerned about Punk chants in Chicago, which will be forgotten about a few weeks later. Yet they don't care that the crowd are going to take a massive dump over the main event one of one of the most important PPVs they will ever do, and also in every show which contains segments to promote that match.

Their priorities always seem to be misplaced.

After being all over thw PPV, where was #BnB tonight?

I actually like the Bad News idea, a simple way to get heat. But how they are actually carrying out that idea is strange. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere and I don't think he's wrestled for a while.
    gnfnrhead wrote: »
    They kinda made it pointless by then showing it anyway later on in the show.

Well, that was just a replay - most people want to see it live. In the same way, people aren't going to stop watching RAW because the main parts are replayed on Smackdown (not sure if they still are, haven't watched Smackdown in years). Also by replaying it on Raw, they are saying "this is what you missed by not buying the network or by not watching the preshow."

Something has to be changed with the Emma gimmick. Don't think think it would be too bad if she just did the dance when she got into the ring or after the match but it looks stupid doing it the whole way down to the ring, before the match in the ring, during the match and after the match.

I don't watch NXT, so when I see Emma coming out all I think is "she's pretty hot, but why is she dancing like a retard". Listening to Meltzer on f4wonline radio, he was explaining that this is something that started small and took off with NXT fans and grew over time so it made sense and there was a story behind it. I was thinking "ah right, maybe that explains it" although I still can't get my head around it. :D Anyway he was saying that to suddenly bring that in front of millions of fans who don't know the back story makes her look stupid, which is pretty much exactly how I feel about her. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Am I the only person not interested in Taker Vs. Lesnar at Mania

I came searching for this thread to echo those very sentiments. Two part-timers in a match that has a nailed on result before the bell rings. Zero suspense. Nothing to get excited about at all.
    CastorTroy wrote: »
    I agree as someone said that Emma doing the Emma the whole way to the ring looks kinda stupid.

Emma is grand (though I have been watching Nxt so I suppose I was kinda prepared for her) but she always looks kinda like a drunk sorority girl throwing sloppy fascist salutes to me as she meanders to the ring. Puts a sinister spin on the whole Emmalution thing (and a potentially outstanding heel turn in place for down the line).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I reeeehhhheeallllyyyy dont want to see Bryan win the title at Extreme Rules.

Be like orgasming after the hooker has left. It's still good but.......

My fear is the fact that it is incredibly hard to see Batista not having a title reign. Meaning, if Bryan wins at Wrestlemania it will quickly be dropped to Batista. I'd rather the other way around. Batista wins, gets shit on, Bryan comes to the rescue at Extreme Rules which in recent years has been what Wrestlemania should have been.

It would also likely mean he gets a long title reign for a change. During the summer is when WWE are willing to let the full timers have the spotlight. Batista has a movie to promote so wont be around for that long after Wrestlemania. Lesnar likely wont be seen again until towards Summerslam. Undertaker wont be around. Triple H wont be wrestling. Punk may not be around. That leaves Bryan, Cena and Orton to carry the show. Bryan is the obvious choice there.

Wrestlemania: Batista wins, Bryan beats Triple H to become number one contender.
    Extreme Rules: Bryan beats heel Batista
    Payback: Bryan wins the rematch
    MITB: Bryan retains against Orton or Cena, or both. Batista has his last match against someone else as Guardians is out soon so he will be off to promote it.
    Battleground: Bryan retains against someone like Cesaro
    Summerslam: Bryan retains against Lesnar
    Night of Champions: Bryan retains against someone like Cena
    Hell in a Cell: Bryan drops the title after a long-ish title reign
    Survivor Series: Bryan loses the rematch due to outside help
    TLC: Bryan beats outside help
    Royal Rumble: Bryan wins the Rumble and main events Wrestlemania where he can regain the title as he is now a proven main eventer, potentially leading to an even longer title reign this time around.

They cant possibly hold off on giving him the title for another whole year, while another short reign would be a disaster. He is already a 2 time WWE Champion and both title reigns are two of the shortest ever.

Hmm I wouldn't want to keep the title on him too long or he'll lose his underdog status. A bit like how Austin never held the belt for more than a couple of months.

I guess it depends on how things are going after a couple of months, if interest in him is sustained or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Hmm I wouldn't want to keep the title on him too long or he'll lose his underdog status. A bit like how Austin never held the belt for more than a couple of months.

I guess it depends on how things are going after a couple of months, if interest in him is sustained or not.

The underdog has a certain lifespan. Eventually you have to move on or it will quickly become stale. Look at Mysterio. He's always been the underdog and now nobody cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

extreme rules will be orton vs batista rematch whatever happens at mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Ridley

Orton and Batista is a train wreck waiting to happen. They have to insert somebody into the match to save it because we're looking at a Goldberg/Lesnar WM20 situation if they don't. I've no doubt the match will be hijacked even if it's put on at the start of the show.

I still reckon Bryan will close off Mania by winning the title. There's a few options they can do.

1) They make a stip in the HHH/Bryan match that if Bryan wins then he will be allowed compete in the main event later on. The downside of this is that everyone will expect Bryan to win the match with this stip in place, but I think most people expect Bryan to win it anyway.

With a bit of creativity, perhaps adding in HBK as special ref, as they did with the Taker/HHH match a few years back, that could suffice; and tease that Michaels is going to screw Bryan again only for the opposite to happen.

2) Bryan beats HHH and in the course of the match there are a few run ins. Vince being one of them. Hunter accidentally nails Vince and afterwards a pissed off Vince, angry at being laid out and angry than Hunter let the family down, inserts Bryan into the main event.

3) Bryan beats HHH. After the match we have a segment with Hogan and Vince in the ring where Hogan appeals to Vince to allow Bryan compete in the main event later on. Vince agrees. Easy enough situation.

I quite like option 3 as it has the guy who closed off the first Mania putting over a guy who closes out Mania 30.

There's probably a few other ways that could work well too. Mania should end with Bryan winning the title though. This is the moment to do it.

I'd have Triple H making a vague, sarcastic promise to Bryan that if he could beat him, Bryan would get a proper one on one match with the champion in the future. Ostensibly making him #1 contender, after Bryan beats HHH, the COO gets knocked out/called away/whatever and someone like Brad Maddox or Vickie Guerrero gives Bryan the shot right after a surprise victory for Orton against Batista. Cue Flight of the Valkyries. Then you have two guys facing each other who have already been worn down earlier in the night. (Or maybe a relatively fresher Orton after a cheap win.)

Hunter can flip his shizzle on Raw.

----

Not keen on Taker vs Lesnar but for a ten minute build I liked what They did with it to set the match up.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

Wow. As J.R. would say that was bowling shoe ugly.

As ugly as this

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ridley wrote: »
    I'd have Triple H making a vague, sarcastic promise to Bryan that if he could beat him, Bryan would get a proper one on one match with the champion in the future. Ostensibly making him #1 contender, after Bryan beats HHH, the COO gets knocked out/called away/whatever and someone like Brad Maddox or Vickie Guerrero gives Bryan the shot right after a surprise victory for Orton against Batista. Cue Flight of the Valkyries. Then you have two guys facing each other who have already been worn down earlier in the night. (Or maybe a relatively fresher Orton after a cheap win.)

Hunter can flip his shizzle on Raw.

Something like this could work but its unlikely.

HUnter makes that sarcastic promise. Bryan wins and Hunter is taken to hospital and Steph goes with him. Bryan demands his title shot from Vicki/Maddox, both are unsure of what to do when the host Hulk Hogan strolls in and says "Your in the match Brother".

• Advertisement
Advertisement