Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday Night Raw 24-2-14 *EC Spoilers*

Options
  • 24-02-2014 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

5PP1.jpg

The Road to WrestleMania is finally clear, and the main event of Batista challenging Randy Orton for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship is set. However, the lay of the land is anything but calm in WWE the night after Elimination Chamber. The Shield’s dominance is in question after they failed to defeat The Wyatt Family, John Cena and Daniel Bryan are gunning for the Superstars who cost them the WWE World Heavyweight Championship … and, of course, there’s the little matter of a returning WWE Hall of Famer. So check out WWE.com’s five-point preview for the first Raw on The Road to WrestleMania … brother.

1. Whatcha gonna do? (After a seven-year absence from the empire he helped sculpt with the biggest arms in the world, Hulk Hogan returns to Monday Night Raw. The former Undisputed Champion will likely look to get reacquainted with the WWE Universe before he handles the hosting duties of WrestleMania 30, but the landscape of WWE has drastically changed since The Hulkster last came home. With new faces like The Authority, The Wyatts and Daniel Bryan in play, is “The Immortal One” already in danger? Or will he show them, once again, where the power lies?)

2. After the war (The war is won, and The Wyatt Family are the victors. After a ruthless collision of WWE’s two most fearsome factions, Bray Wyatt and his family stood tall over the vanquished Hounds of Justice at Elimination Chamber. But while Bray seems to have already chosen his next victim (more on that in a bit), what awaits The Shield, who were methodically isolated and defeated down the stretch of their biggest test? Can they right the ship once more? Or has the clock finally struck twelve for one of the most dominant groups in WWE history?)

3. The Viper and The Animal (So it’s settled, then. Randy Orton will indeed defend his WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania 30, and Batista will be there waiting for him. Tensions between Triple H’s two protégés have been boiling for weeks since Batista won the Royal Rumble Match, and with the undisputed prize now on the line between the two, how will Orton kick off the road to his biggest title defense ever? And will The Authority be forced to pick sides?)

4. The big payback (The WrestleMania main-event hopes of both Daniel Bryan and John Cena were dashed inside the Elimination Chamber thanks to outside interference: Both The Wyatts and Kane bucked the odds and forced their way inside Satan’s Prison, much to the detriment of 14-time World Champion Cena and WWE’s “YES!” man, respectively. Neither Superstar has ever been one to take this sort of injustice lying down, so what’s in store for The Wyatts and The Devil’s Favorite Director of Operations?)

5. Before and after (WWE Network officially launches today at 9 AM Eastern, and that means for the first time, the WWE Universe will get to experience the live Raw Pre-Show and Backstage Pass. Tune into WWE Network at 7:30 p.m. ET to get exclusive analysis on the show to come, and tune back to WWE Network after Raw concludes to see what happens when the show ends. And speaking of the show, Raw itself, airs at 8/7 CT live on USA Network!)

The Undertaker is scheduled for an appearance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Hopefully they'll book the decision of who to face Taker better than last year.
    The thing of Taker just walking out onto the ramp, look a bit scary, and then walk back in, followed by random fatal 4-way was kinda embarassing.
    It was only Paul Bearer's death (R.I.P.) that saved the feud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Is Lesnar scheduled to appear?

Will we see any other surprises? Sting perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

Lesnar v Taker would seem to my eyes the only way to go given the way the land lies at the moment..Everyone else seems tied up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Stone cold tonight maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Hogan surely has to put Bryan into WM main event tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Maybe he'll put himself in it too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

At the moment it looks to me like Bryan Vs. Kane at WM

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    At the moment it looks to me like Bryan Vs. Kane at WM

Its what it looks like but the main event of WM30 cannot be Orton v Batista. The crowd would **** all over it and the post showing Batistas work last night says a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,053 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Its what it looks like but the main event of WM30 cannot be Orton v Batista. The crowd would **** all over it and the post showing Batistas work last night says a lot.

WM will end with Hogan and Cena cleaning house of the Wyatts and posing together when it should end with a huge yes chant for Bryan after he beats HHH first and then Batista and Orton for the title :p

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

With the launch of the network it would be a great time to completely shake things up, things like logo(even though the network one is awful) set, ramp ropes, freshen stuff up cos it's gone stale a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,292 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'll be waiting for the first... Did You Know !

More people signed up to The WWE Network in last 8 hours than joined HBO Netfilx and Amazon Prime combined in the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I predict that Triple H & Stephanie will open the show tonight, only to be interrupted by Randy Orton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

MARK OUT!!!!!!!!:D:D

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I predict that Triple H & Stephanie will open the show tonight, only to be interrupted by Randy Orton

I'll be very surprised if it isnt Hogan to open.

Actually, Justin Roberts: "Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome back, the Imortal, Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulk Hogggggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!" followed by dead air for way too long before the music starts, completely cutting the legs off like he always does.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I'll be very surprised if it isnt Hogan to open.

Actually, Justin Roberts: "Ladies and Gentleman, please welcome back, the Imortal, Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulk Hogggggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!" followed by dead air for way too long before the music starts, completely cutting the legs off like he always does.

Now d'ya really think Triple H's ego would allow Hulk Hogan to open the show, i'd say a lot of the crowd will act ''surprised'' that Hogan has come back, though the cat has been out of the bag for a few days

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Now d'ya really think Triple H's ego would allow Hulk Hogan to open the show, i'd say a lot of the crowd will act ''surprised'' that Hogan has come back, though the cat has been out of the bag for a few days

I'd say Triple H would rather close than open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

I don't care. I'll be marking out when Real American hits and Hogan comes out.

I did when he came back in 2002. I will again god damnit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But didn't he use Hendrix for his last run. The last guy to use Real American that I remember is that masked man, Mr. America. Who was that masked man?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The things that could be read into here:

20140221_WM30Art_LARGE.jpg

OBVIOUSLY HULK ISN'T WRESTLING

The Real American vs The Real Americans!

gixqv0.jpg

We The People might enjoy that

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But didn't he use Hendrix for his last run. The last guy to use Real American that I remember is that masked man, Mr. America. Who was that masked man?

Nah he used real American when he faced HBK and Orton a couple of years ago.

Obviously a Triple H vs Lesnar vs Undertaker three way with Bryan jobbing to Hogan in about 3 minutes :pac:

No Regins in that picture.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

No Regins in that picture.

Wouldn't have expected that to be honest.

He is either wrestling Rollins and/or Ambrose or a Shield/Wyatt rematch going by my reckoning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

rovert wrote: »
    The things that could be read into here:

Mania30.jpg

OBVIOUSLY HULK ISN'T WRESTLING

How photoshopped is that HHH pic. Taker is doing his I wanna be a fighter pose so I am optimistic

rovert wrote: »
    Wouldn't have expected that to be honest.

He is either wrestling Rollins and/or Ambrose or a Shield/Wyatt rematch going by my reckoning.

I can't see a Shield/Wyatt rematch now Wyatt is in that picture.
    So Regins vs Rollins/Ambrose looks likely alright

Cena/Wyatt
    Orton/Boo-tista
    Lesner/Taker
    Bryan/HHH

Look like the matches for WM30 with HH as Host.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Any chance of Sting tonight? him vs Taker, moving Lesnar over to face Bryan would be a dream

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Id rather see hogan wrestle bryan than watch orton vs batista

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I predict Hogan will open to a huge ovation, Vince will then send Cena out to see if he can get some of the crowd positivity from seeing Hogan and then hopefully the Hulkster will do what he always does......and steal that spotlight right back like only he can :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Raf32 wrote: »
    Any chance of Sting tonight? him vs Taker, moving Lesnar over to face Bryan would be a dream

According to some reports ive read, they dont seem to be showing much interest in the stinger, could be a swerve for the surprise factor

Advertisement