Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday Night Raw 24-2-14 *EC Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I am not a betting man. But I am going to place a large wager on the undertaker to win at mania :pac:

Personally I view it as easy money, lol. What odds does he usually get?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I am not a betting man. But I am going to place a large wager on the undertaker to win at mania :pac:

Against a part timer like Lesnar it will no doubt be crap odds that arent worth the bet. I'd imagine only Cena would give good odds. Maybe Bryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

1/100 odds

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

It promised so much and delivered nothing.

Mania is looking like an ordinary ppv this year, Lesnar and Wyatt in matches we already know the outcome and Bryan in a match the people dont want to see him in and this is before we get to the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

D.Q wrote: »
    I'm trying to get my head around this. They were given an open contract so they could pick any opponent. But they said no, because they wanted history to conquer, ie. The undertakers streak who they could have chosen with the open contract.

They orignally wanted Brock Lesnar in the WWE title match. HHH/Stephanie gave them an open contract to fight anyone at WM but not for the WWE title. Heyman/Lesnar at that point wanted to make history and they were only thinking of the WWE title at that point - afterall, they don't know Undertaker is coming back or didn't think about it. So as they only had the WWE title in their minds as a way to make history, they turned down the open contract opportunity.

Undertaker comes back, gives them a different way to make history, so they go with it.

Makes sense to me anyway. :)

• Advertisement

I still have this hope that they are leaving everything to the night at WrestleMania, Bryan beats HHH, Batista/Orton match happens and then Hogan comes out and gives Bryan his title opportunity. Would be amazing if they did like that.

I just can't get my head around the idea that they won't give Bryan his big moment at WrestleMania. It's a perfect opportunity, one of those "all the stars are aligning at the right time" moments.

He doesn't have to become the no.1 guy or go on a big long title reign, He could lose the title again a couple of months later, doesn't really matter. But as a way to send people home happy, and make people already at home happy, you can't beat it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Maybe as a condition for Trips accepting the match, Bryan would have to accept a stip that if he loses, he'll never get another title shot. But if he wins, he gets added to Batista/Orton later on.

I suppose though that would it make it obvious that Bryan will beat Trips, but I'd hope that'd be a given anyway. :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭cena

How did this thread get so big. Only two or 3 pages when I went to bed.
    Where ye expecting it to be a big raw

• Registered Users Posts: 36,103 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

a pathetic Raw.

I have zero excitement for Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,286 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Obviously Lesnar isn't going to beat Taker. That's pretty much a given. My issue is that I don't believe it'll be a good match. We knew Punk was being beaten last year but the ability to put on a good match was enough to make people want to watch it. I don't have the same faith in Lesnar and Taker. This'll be the first time since at least WM25 that I have zero interest in Taker's match.

As for the suggestion that Bryan might be added to the main event if he beats HHH, I can't see it happening. It'd mean they can't advertise WM as having a definitive main event, and would show a lack of faith in Orton V Batista as a main event itself. I don't know who they plan to have win that match, but I'd almost rather not see Bryan in it if he's going to lose. Let him beat HHH and start building towards main eventing next year, provided they can keep up Bryan's momentum until then, which admittedly is a big ask.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thought it was a good Raw, at least in terms of progressing the story beats THEY want to progress.

They established a few matches and locked them in, and have set up the others for the next week or two. That's grand, no need to splunk everything out on one show. I prefer how they are handling Bryan's challenge than if they just had HHH come out and completely contradict himself. Bryan needs to give HHH a reason to fight him. Likewise, they can do the Shield break-up as a show closing moment next week or the week after, rather than do it and then have it overwhelmed by Taker/Brock.

Taker/Brock will be a war in the best way possible.

Whoever booked the Usos like that should be shot! Was always going to turn the crowd on them.

And Orton/Batista was interesting. I'm glad they achknowledged the crowd reactions, but the response of "TOUGH!" won't do anything other than turn them even more on Batista. Interesting they let the Punk chant ring so loud though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

PWTorch has confirmed with multiple sources that John Cena's "injury" on Raw was a work and not a legitimate knee injury.

WWE played up the "injury" throughout Raw, then followed up on their new post-game show claiming that Cena "felt his knee shift or give out" during a scrap with the Wyatts.

WWE added in their "medical update" that Cena was transported to a local medical facility, where they wanted Cena to undergo and MRI, but Cena refused. WWE said the medical team would continue monitoring Cena's health.

WWE went through with a coordinated effort to sell the injury, as WWE had audio of Cena complaining about the "injury" on a single-leg take down by Erick Rowan and the announcers were prepped to focus on the takedown spot during a post-segment replay.

Cena is scheduled to face Bray Wyatt at WrestleMania 30, setting the stage for Cena to sell a knee injury throughout the WM30 build-up.

ok

• Registered Users Posts: 33,286 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It says a lot that they feel the need to have Cena injured to make his match against Bray Wyatt (with Harper and Rowan in his corner) seem fair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

rovert wrote: »
    ok

Quite a random way of trying to raise the stakes so to speak. Couldn't they just do a kidnap angle with his bird? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

That Knee looked dislocated.

# It's still real to me god dammit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Its still takers yard ! Also himself v lesnar should be a last man standing match

I think that's just a quick cover story. Cena got hurt, but not badly so they decided to roll with it. Wyatts wouldnt have backed off if it was a work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Gonna be pissed if Taker doesn't have a set of MMA gear(if he has the balls to wear it). They should have Frank Murr corner him too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

GTR63 wrote: »
    Gonna be pissed if Taker doesn't have a set of MMA gear(if he has the balls to wear it). They should have Frank Murr MIR corner him too.
    Corrected that for you
    Now this is just the worst i've ever hear...Taker going for 22-0 and needs to be cornered...come off it

brinty wrote: »
    Corrected that for you
    Now this is just the worst i've ever hear...Taker going for 22-0 and needs to be cornered...come off it

:confused:
    Its the way Brock says it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

GTR63 wrote: »
    :confused:
    Its the way Brock says it.

He calls him Frankie!!!!
    I just love punching Frankie in the face :D
    And we all enjoyed him doing it didn't we???

Also, ****ing Arron Paul will now be on Graham Norton, Top Gear AND Raw in the space of 4 days. Will be well sick of him by this day next week :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Also, ****ing Arron Paul will now be on Graham Norton, Top Gear AND Raw in the space of 4 days. Will be well sick of him by this day next week :P

389-Impossibru.jpg

Ha, yeah. But spare a thought for the one guy on the planet who hasn't watched Breaking Bad so doesn't really know who he is :o

Thought Hogan got a nice pop at the start.

They should have had someone interview him (like mean Gene used to) and give him points to talk about rather than give him stuff to say about the network and all which he was struggling with.

Something has to be changed with the Emma gimmick. Don't think think it would be too bad if she just did the dance when she got into the ring or after the match but it looks stupid doing it the whole way down to the ring, before the match in the ring, during the match and after the match.

Like someone else said I lost excitement about Taker coming back around 6 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Vince will be flipping if it's a legit injury. They would be very quickly going down the card if they managed to injure Cena.

He was supposed to be out for 6 months or more last Summer but he came back after 2. So even if he is legit injured he'll still be at Mania.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Why the **** isn't that on the actual show?

Baffling.

Presumably they want to show how great the preshow is to give even more reason to buy the network. Like you better watch the preshow or you might miss something important.

Hopefully it's just a once off for the launch of the network and the first preshow.

It's annoying though, expecting people to sit through four hours of pre-show, RAW and post-show every Monday in case you might miss something is really taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

It was pretty ****ty the way they got Bryan to try get the fans behind him and HHHs match at Wrestlemania. Looking forward to next weeks Raw, hopefully the crowd goes crazy

Just watched it. Bit of a mixed bag but Lesnar vs Ming should be interesting. Batistas match & post match promo were so half assed surely they can't go through with that match.

• Advertisement

Presumably they want to show how great the preshow is to give even more reason to buy the network. Like you better watch the preshow or you might miss something important.

Hopefully it's just a once off for the launch of the network and the first preshow.

It's annoying though, expecting people to sit through four hours of pre-show, RAW and post-show every Monday in case you might miss something is really taking the piss.

They kinda made it pointless by then showing it anyway later on in the show.

Advertisement