Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monday Night Raw 24-2-14 *EC Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,073 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

make no mistake about it, making the title match Orton v Batista is a solid "fúck you" to the fans.

it's not like Rock's rematch with Cena at Wrestlemania. there was a sound argument that that was the biggest match available to them - getting the most buyrates for the PPV.

there is no argument that Orton v Batista is the biggest title match they can do this year. none. nada. zilch.

Bryan v Batista should be the title match, with Batista obviously as a heel. it makes sense. it's organic. Batista is the big, arrogant, boss's favourite whose come straight back into the title picture after a long absence, hurdling the fans' favourite whose been screwed over and over and over again.

it writes itself and would be the easiest build in the world.

and, IMO, it would draw.

utter and complete madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Quote from last night as gf watched raw for 2nd time ever. She saw some taker WM build up last year.

"There is no way that contract would stand up in court of law"

Why's that?

"because he is dead"

lols

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Trippie wrote: »
    Quote from last night as gf watched raw for 2nd time ever. She saw some taker WM build up last year.

"There is no way that contract would stand up in court of law"

Why's that?

"because he is dead"

lols

Shes a keeper!

watching the PPV on Sunday and my misses dozes off during the pre show while im watching on the couch. She wakes up during the promo for Hogans return and says "Whats that ejit doing back ?!"

God I love her :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I still don't know why they brought Batista back for this match. Del Rio v Orton would be as interesting which says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

A Del Rio Gauntlet match versus Dolph, Kofi, Rey and Ryder would be better. Del Rio spins the wheel to see who his next opponent is.

Wheel of Agression match!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I still don't know why they brought Batista back for this match. Del Rio v Orton would be as interesting which says it all.

Don't know why he came back either. His whole demeanor just says he doesn't give a shït. Right down to the pink boots he wears. The lack of effort he put into them 2 matches against Del Rio was embarrassing as a fan to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

GTR63 wrote: »
    Don't know why he came back either. His whole demeanor just says he doesn't give a shït. Right down to the pink boots he wears. The lack of effort he put into them 2 matches against Del Rio was embarrassing as a fan to watch.

I was more embarrassed about his abysmal conditioning. He's literally close to death after 5 minutes. You'd think with the sizable paycheque WWE are giving him he'd at least have the professionalism to get in decent ring shape. He's only been gone 4 years, the Rock was gone close to 10 so it was somewhat understandable for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,073 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

the one thing is, if it does end up as Orton v Batista, it'll be in the mid-card.

absolutely no doubt about it. at least then if it's sh*t on, which they have to know it will be, then it can be forgotten about by the end.

they may even put it on before Bryan v HHH.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

What do we think? Apparently Cena's injury is a work so do people think it'll go in this order

Main Event:
    Cena vs Wyatt or Bryan vs Triple H

Co-Main Event:
    Orton vs Batista (give crowd a break between two biggest matches)

Taker vs Lesnar

HHH vs Bryan or Cena vs Wyatt

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

After being all over thw PPV, where was #BnB tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

SlickRic wrote: »
    make no mistake about it, making the title match Orton v Batista is a solid "fúck you" to the fans.

it's not like Rock's rematch with Cena at Wrestlemania. there was a sound argument that that was the biggest match available to them - getting the most buyrates for the PPV.

there is no argument that Orton v Batista is the biggest title match they can do this year. none. nada. zilch.

Bryan v Batista should be the title match, with Batista obviously as a heel. it makes sense. it's organic. Batista is the big, arrogant, boss's favourite whose come straight back into the title picture after a long absence, hurdling the fans' favourite whose been screwed over and over and over again.

it writes itself and would be the easiest build in the world.

and, IMO, it would draw.

utter and complete madness.

Orton and Batista is a train wreck waiting to happen. They have to insert somebody into the match to save it because we're looking at a Goldberg/Lesnar WM20 situation if they don't. I've no doubt the match will be hijacked even if it's put on at the start of the show.

I still reckon Bryan will close off Mania by winning the title. There's a few options they can do.

1) They make a stip in the HHH/Bryan match that if Bryan wins then he will be allowed compete in the main event later on. The downside of this is that everyone will expect Bryan to win the match with this stip in place, but I think most people expect Bryan to win it anyway.

With a bit of creativity, perhaps adding in HBK as special ref, as they did with the Taker/HHH match a few years back, that could suffice; and tease that Michaels is going to screw Bryan again only for the opposite to happen.

2) Bryan beats HHH and in the course of the match there are a few run ins. Vince being one of them. Hunter accidentally nails Vince and afterwards a pissed off Vince, angry at being laid out and angry than Hunter let the family down, inserts Bryan into the main event.

3) Bryan beats HHH. After the match we have a segment with Hogan and Vince in the ring where Hogan appeals to Vince to allow Bryan compete in the main event later on. Vince agrees. Easy enough situation.

I quite like option 3 as it has the guy who closed off the first Mania putting over a guy who closes out Mania 30.

There's probably a few other ways that could work well too. Mania should end with Bryan winning the title though. This is the moment to do it.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

If they are going to do anything Hogan should be involved.

Like MNG said, it is an awesome bookend if it happens.

I'm not expecting it at all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Am I the only person not interested in Taker Vs. Lesnar at Mania

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

What sense does it make to advertise a main event and then change it on the night? They rarely ever do that on a B-level PPV let alone Wrestlemania.

Not having a confirmed main event is even worse. It's why the KOTR buyrates were always crap.

Bryan has practically no chance of being in the title match now. He wasnt even asking for it on Raw. He wants Triple H and that's all. There is no way in hell he goes over Triple H AND Batista AND Orton in the one night. Best case scenario is likely being named as number one contender for Extreme Rules as a result of beating Triple H.

It makes even less sense to go with Orton vs Batista though. At Mania, with that crowd, it would be effectively heel vs heel.

I would be gobsmacked if Bryan is not placed in the match. He's been screwed over numerous times and it makes sense to have him secure his big moment on the biggest show of the year. To me it's just a case of how it happens.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

It makes even less sense to go with Orton vs Batista though. At Mania, with that crowd, it would be effectively heel vs heel.

I would be gobsmacked if Bryan is not placed in the match. He's been screwed over numerous times and it makes sense to have him secure his big moment on the biggest show of the year. To me it's just a case of how it happens.

It made sense for Bryan to win the Rumble and we all know what happened there.

Bryan wont go over all three of them in the one night. Last night was pretty definitive in what they have planned. Bryan was nowhere close to Orton/Batista and made no mention of it when he challenged Triple H.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Have even less interest in this mania than last year.

I'm talking I'll download and skim through it in an hour the next day style interest,

Lesnar vs taker is meh. Was hoping for cena vs taker (haven't watched raw in weeks so don't know his current storyline).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,803 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dunno if said already, but at this rate the Orton/Batista match has the potential to be Brock/Goldberg II.

If Cena is injured, then now would be the time for a push for JTG.

Where is the whole "The future has got to go through me" coming from? It sounds very heelish from Cena.

I agree as someone said that Emma doing the Emma the whole way to the ring looks kinda stupid. But I think she would've been better debuting without Santino and putting her straight into a match. But good to see a divas match that doesn't involve the Bellas, the funkadactyls or Jojo or Eva Marie.

Meant to say for the Chanber last night, I noticed that if anyone was to eliminate Bryan without getting booed, I think it would've been Cesaro. If he did get booed it would've just been heel boos and not hate filled booing.

Oh and as someone already called dibs on Emma, Paige, AJ and Summer Rae, I'm glad Renee is free for me to call dibs on. :pac:

Oh and meant to say I was left very confused. They kept telling me I could get the WWE Network on their app, but they never told me how to download the app.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    What do we think? Apparently Cena's injury is a work so do people think it'll go in this order

Main Event:
    Cena vs Wyatt or Bryan vs Triple H

Co-Main Event:
    Orton vs Batista (give crowd a break between two biggest matches)

Taker vs Lesnar

HHH vs Bryan or Cena vs Wyatt

Mania should end with a huge yes chant but instead will probably be Cena and Hogan in the ring posing after clearing house of Duck Wyatt Dynasty

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It made sense for Bryan to win the Rumble and we all know what happened there.

Bryan wont go over all three of them in the one night. Last night was pretty definitive in what they have planned. Bryan was nowhere close to Orton/Batista and made no mention of it when he challenged Triple H.

Well they referenced the fans turning on Batista which is usually a sign that a guy is about to turn. I expect a Batista turn in the near future if they haven't lost their senses.

That means someone has to be placed into the match and while they didn't tease anything yet, Bryan seems the only logical candidate.

Do you expect them to go with Orton and Batista as the title match? I just can't see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Jester252 wrote: »
    So the Rock is now black?

? now, then, always

Well they referenced the fans turning on Batista which is usually a sign that a guy is about to turn. I expect a Batista turn in the near future if they haven't lost their senses.

That means someone has to be placed into the match and while they didn't tease anything yet, Bryan seems the only logical candidate.

Do you expect them to go with Orton and Batista as the title match? I just can't see it.

Orton was acting very babyface-ish during his promo. Looks like a double turn.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Orton was acting very babyface-ish during his promo. Looks like a double turn.

Even if they both turn, it still don't make the match interesting and more appealing :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Even if they both turn, it still don't make the match interesting and more appealing :p

Completely agree. Orton was getting the boring chants etc even as a face.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Impressed with the Cesaro v Big E match

Could only be better if it was two Japanese lads :-p

I think Bray Wyatt should just call himself Bane Wyatt, really hamming up the Bane stuff as each week passes.

Have only got as far as Bryan match so far and was good show so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Cesaro v Big E was very enjoyable, Cesaro's strength is scary

Also isn't cena from Boston, why the hell does he have a Southern American accent. Baffeled

? now, then, always

Is it not Now, Then, Forever

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Then, Now, Forever.

Then, Now, Forever.

Damn rovert and them gifs.
    I remember the Cena-Win-lol & Bury-Daniel-Bryan ones but not the actual one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I reeeehhhheeallllyyyy dont want to see Bryan win the title at Extreme Rules.

Be like orgasming after the hooker has left. It's still good but.......

Advertisement