Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat thread... Links, pictures, banter etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Didn't know this, Kawasaki only contemporary bikes that you can't accidentally skip neutral and go to 2nd by mistake when stationary.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭enrique66_35

Can keep renewing provided you have either taken and failed the test or are on the list to take one. Theory test cert is valid for 2 years but once you're submitted it to get a learner permit, it doesn't matter anymore once you're in the system. The 2 year limit on your IBT is a more pressing issue.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 633 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

Got some official bits for the Hornet

Before

After

• Registered Users Posts: 33,697 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Pretty significant news for BMW motorrad in North America.

Biggest market

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭honda boi

Anyone order lately from visorshop.com?

They legit?

Looking at getting the kids gear and these look the best value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

Earlier this year. Yes. And not for the first time. Theyre good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭honda boi

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Yeah, few times. There Crossans up the north. Very easy to deal with. No duties etc either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭muddle84

Visorshop are great. Good products and very helpful on the phone or if you call in to them in person, you get the odd free gift thrown in too! Just speaking from experience if you order online, it's worth following up with a phone call the following day.

Saw this bit of tyre changing kit on Instagram. Looks well thought out and implemented. Especially storage.

(https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxZ4nbLN3lv/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

I've seen it pop up before! Clever bit of kit. Dad has the sealey tyre changer, its nice but doesn't work with certain sizes.

Didn't like a NC700x front

Seems to be around 3/4 sizes from this brand. Not cheap 450-550 range.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

yeah the sealey one does does the two 1200GS so he's happy with it. And pretty sure it does the DR650se as well

New to me. In from Germany this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭geotrig

looks minty

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Nice one.

Did you buy privately or from a dealer?

Bought direct from dealer, arranged own transport jarvis

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

also, iirc - it also means you can't put it in to 2nd if you want to bump start it....................

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

after several decades of always missing this show, and always promsing to go, went & drove over to it this weekend; Stafford Classic Motorbike Show.

Big crowd, lots of nice stuff - but also a lot of........dross. Galway Metal / Hammond Lane should have had a stand at it............

One thing I noticed is the increase in popularity of jap and newer classics and the decline of the more traditional brit stuff. Which is no bad thing : I started out on Jap stuff in the '80s, and never hankered for a Brit bike, so that's fine by me.

You know you're getting old though when Gen 1 R1's appear as Classics......... 😁

No-brainer for me would have been to buy any one of the RG500's - although they are now in the stratosphere, price-wise. I actually had saved enough to buy a brand new one in 1988..........and didn't. Spent the money going to college instead. It's debatable which was the correct choice, even now 🤣

Big Z's now 5-figure prices - the green one sold there for £11k. Things like RGV250's, Aprilia 250's all £9k+ and heading for 5-figures as well. The Chesterfield Aprilia RS 250 would be on my list. As would the bog-standard 1987 series 1 GPZ900r.

GT750 Kettles also on my list, but also the GS1100EFE - which is still an impressive bruiser. Old school big-torque motor and barn door fairing would still eat the miles.

The white CBX Touring was a peach, and a turnkey classic at £9k.

Saw an MBX80 for the first time in 35+ years: I did my test on one of those, in 1987. It's still a fabulous bike. The plaque beside it extolled how it was so much more expensive than an AR80 at the time, and not as popular. For the heady sum of £699. (The AR's were £529....). Sigh.

Have a gander, pics here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Q5GrRx9v8xPMLkAV7

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement

What are the rules for accident video.

Just watched one where I can't believe he made it out, wasn't bloody but oh **** was it bad.

His description

My accident from about 4 months ago. I call it an accident but it was clearly my fault. Too much confidence for too little skill. Thankfully made it out alive, and didn't lose any limbs. 20+ fractures in my face, broke arm in half in two different places, collapsed lung, broken rib, two fractured spine discs. I'll be back to ride again one day, but not like I used to. Riding like I did was fun as hell, but I want to have fun for a long time.

Guy looked like he just got the bike and camera, and had a few video of him acting like a menace/hard man before accident might have given him some cop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Now spends his time educating other riders it says.

I'd rather be unedgumacated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

good that they showed so much of the footage before the crash - really did seem inevitable.. just the sheer amount of stupidity on display

He'd other videos up doing the same and worse doing it at night.

He replied to comments on the older videos making it seem all the worse. Talking about being in control and skill.

Looking at visors online.

€137 for the one I want and that's with a 10% discount. 🥵

For a visor 🤨 does it come with a reach around. Must be fancy

And that's not even mentioning the lid I'm thinking of buying.

Ah yeah the Arai stuff is not cheap. But great quality

• Advertisement

Advertisement