Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Wojo30

Ordered a phone from them on 7th of June, still no replay from them at all got an update that it's being packed and will be delivered to me shortly but they only did that so I will have to follow their 30 days cancellation or return policy, after one hour they again updated the status to Dispute and still no replay from them I will have to report it to PayPal as they seem not to replay to E-mails.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Wojo30 wrote: »
    Ordered a phone from them on 7th of June, still no replay from them at all got an update that it's being packed and will be delivered to me shortly but they only did that so I will have to follow their 30 days cancellation or return policy, after one hour they again updated the status to Dispute and still no replay from them I will have to report it to PayPal as they seem not to replay to E-mails.

I reported them to Paypal and lo and behold I had a reply within 12 hours asking me to be patient while they followed up with the courier. I'll give them until the 1st of July then its getting escalated.

Update: They closed the support ticket after they said they'd look into it again so I've had to reopen it as they've not actually given me any answers get.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,991 ✭✭✭Doge

So I got the "dispatching soon" email yesterday morning at 8:30 am aka the Packing and Delivering status.

How long can you be waiting until you get your tracking number?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

hi folks, I'm looking to buy this camera and just stumbled across the website, don't feel like trawling through all previous posts but are e global ok to order from?

670 in argos and 448 with egobal. just want to make sure I receive it :-)

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=CANON+700D&authToken=

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/canon-eos-700d-kit-with-18-55mm-is-stm-lens-digital-slr-camera.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

zweton wrote: »
    hi folks, I'm looking to buy this camera and just stumbled across the website, don't feel like trawling through all previous posts but are e global ok to order from?

670 in argos and 448 with egobal. just want to make sure I receive it :-)

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=CANON+700D&authToken=

http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/canon-eos-700d-kit-with-18-55mm-is-stm-lens-digital-slr-camera.html

Well it all depends where its being dispatched from (if coming from UK warehouse,it's obviously faster). But most people on here have been very happy with their purchases. Some people have had long waiting times for delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Ordered a item worth 600e from them. My first order after hearing positives and negatives.

Ordered on 13th, Dispatched on 15th and delivered today by DPD. The item has no sign of ever arriving from Hong Kong as the sender on parcel is a company based in the UK, so no chance of customs charges as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,991 ✭✭✭Doge

Doge wrote: »
    So I got the "dispatching soon" email yesterday morning at 8:30 am aka the Packing and Delivering status.

How long can you be waiting until you get your tracking number?

Got my tracking number today so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LAURENTIU

Hi! i have ordered a phone on sunday and now is wednesday and it says when i put in the tracking number 'processing'. do you know what is happening? thank you!

Jesus wept.

Lens finally arrived in Ireland more than 6 weeks after it was shipped out. No communication from eGlobal the whole time but at least I have it right?

Wrong!!

It went to customs who want to charge me duty. Customs then sent it to the local sorting office for delivery who have no lost it. Two days searching for it and counting.

-_-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Most have to wait 6 days or so for delivery from Eglobal, you had to wait 6 weeks, first time ive heard of customs wanting to charge duty on a package being delivered from within the EU, unbelievable hearing the sorting office not being able to find it after customs returning it to them, so whats the latest in your ongoing saga ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 cillianh91

Looking for some reassurance here, last thursday my order was at packing and delivered soon, yesterday morning i received an email at 5 in the morning saying it was shipped on the 5/7 at 12.00 (HK time im assuming). When i clicked into the track number for DPD it said it was in Manchester on the 4/7 at 16.02... Starting to get worried as it hasnt updated at all since, can anyone shed some light?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

It almost seems like we're talking about two different companies! I placed an order late on the 28th June, standard delivery because I wasn't going to be home till today. Order confirmed on the 29th, with a tracking number and the note that it could be up to 48 hours before the tracking went "live". It was 24 hours. On the 1st July it was marked "has left the GLS location (Netherlands)" and on the 5th "the parcel was handed over to the consignée"

It wasn't actually handed over but placed in my (locked) postbox. Black magic? Maybe, but it got here faster than I did so I'm not complaining.

Still waiting for my parcel for nearly a month now. An Post seem to have lost it but won't admit it, they keep assuring me they are searching for it. Anyone have any experience claiming the cost of a lost parcel from An Post?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 problemnext

Bought a DJI Phantom off them. Inquired first to see where they where being sent from because i was slightly worried about getting a customs bill. They emailed back saying the warehouse is in hong kong and they have a " special customs relationship" which means theres nothing to pay. Anyway it shipped on monday and arrived 48 hours later. Not sure where it came from but good service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Hey everyone, I'm looking to switch to Fuji after ten years or so of Canons. I see eglobal have the XT1 body only at €666 http://bit.ly/29DgirY black body only. Has anyone purchased a Fuji via eglobal? I've bought lenses off them before without hassle but never a body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

Seem to have a lot of positive reviews on here!!

Looking at buying a camera from there as a fair bit cheaper than elsewhere.

Those who have bought cameras, are they real deal and the quality is as if bought in a shop here?

Thanks

An Post have lost the package and told me to claim it back from Eglobal as I paid to have the extra insurance cover with them. Eglobal are completely silent again and no matter how many emails I send them to whatever address they do not answer. Money down the drain as far as I can see. Great guys when it works, but if something goes wrong you're f**ked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Hey everyone, I'm looking to switch to Fuji after ten years or so of Canons. I see eglobal have the XT1 body only at 666 http://bit.ly/29DgirY black body only. Has anyone purchased a Fuji via eglobal? I've bought lenses off them before without hassle but never a body.
    I've purchased Fuji glass off them but never the body, but I've also purchased Nikon Bodies without issue.
    so go for it. The X-T1 is a cracking camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

fixxxer wrote: »
    An Post have lost the package and told me to claim it back from Eglobal as I paid to have the extra insurance cover with them. Eglobal are completely silent again and no matter how many emails I send them to whatever address they do not answer. Money down the drain as far as I can see. Great guys when it works, but if something goes wrong you're f**ked.
    Did you not pay with paypal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

After reading through the majority of this thread I decided to bite the bullet and place an order for a camera and a separate lens. Almost €1300. Most I've ever spent on anything.

Really hope nothing goes wrong as I'm panicking inside a bit :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

What camera did you go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭liamtimdusty

Sigma 17-70mm and a Compact flash card arrived after 10 days or so - paid priority shipping.

Return address was in Leicester

glic83 wrote: »
    What camera did you go for?

Went with a Canon 70D. Also bought a Sigma 18-35mm f1.8

So its been 5 days (3 excluding the weekend) on the dot and the order is still 'Processing'. Starting to get a bit impatient! Hopefully it'll just turn up at the door

UPDATE: There was no change after a week so I emailed them and they replied saying the camera is out of stock and will be back in stock within the next week. Pain in the ass. Especially after paying an extra 25 quid for Express delivery :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Nearly three weeks on....

Any developments since, this kind of thing is most unusual, I find Eglobal great to deal with?

6 working days is the usual for delivery, can be a few more, sometimes less..

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Did you get any tracking details, if An Post lost it you should take it up with them. If they are not sorting it lodge a complaint to customer.services@anpost.ie, and if they dont sort it then go to ComReg or your local Small Claims Court. If An Post got the parcel then they are at fault.

Package was finally found by An Post and I collected it on Friday. The lens was exactly what I ordered so there are no complaints about the quality of the product.

A company that doesn't answer when there is a problem makes me nervous, but then I guess you balance that against a D7100 being €300/€400 cheaper than the new price here. Yes, I've been back looking at items again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭b318isp

I took the plunge 2 weeks ago for a very decent camera - all went very smoothly. Took about 8 days to arrive. Tracking number for DPD was slow to become active (~2 days), and this was flagged in the shipping acknowledgement.

Only minor note was that the box was for a kit (camera & body) when I ordered a body only. I assume they opened a kit, took out the lens, and send on the camera. I was expecting a body only box.

Just had the camera and lens delivered by DPD. Everything seems to be in perfect condition. Just waiting on battery to charge so I can use the camera.

Overall fairly happy with the company.

Ordered on the 12th and it arrived today on the 29th. So it was 17 days in total(11 working days). And this was only due to camera being out of stock (without them telling me for over a week :p)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Wonder would they offer more discount if somebody was to spend over 3 grand with them?
    Would anyone here chance spending that much with them in one go?

Advertisement