Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

I've spent more then 3k with them in one purchase, and no additional discounts were offered. I wouldn't have expected it either, they're cheap enough already.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Splinters wrote: »
    I've spent more then 3k with them in one purchase, and no additional discounts were offered. I wouldn't have expected it either, they're cheap enough already.

I was only asking.
    Don't get upset over it :pac:

My main concern was that everything would arrive.
    Did you have to pay any duty when it arrived on that amount?
    What I was looking at has over 2k of savings over buying the same products here.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Not upset by any means, just being realistic. 3k isnt a lot of money when you're talking about a store that deals in high end camera equipment. Its basically the cost of 1 high end DSLR, of which they probably sell plenty of every day. If you were spending 30k with them that might give you some haggling room but not 3k.

Eglobalcentral mark all their packages as "misc camera goods" (usually with a low declared value of 13 or 14 euro) so I've never once had a package stopped for additional duty. Thats not to say it couldn't happen so don't rely on it. They do seem to have a knack for getting packages through customs without additional fees though. I know a lot of people who've ordered from them and I dont think any of them have had to pay import duty.

Great.
    Thanks, as I said, I was mosre concerned about delivery over anything else.

I did email them one time about getting stung for duty and they said if that was to happen they would cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NPD

Please be aware that if one purchases goods on-line from a vendor based outside the EU, the Competition and Cosumer Protection Commision in Ireland is not in a position to assist should one experience a problem. Ireland, it appears, does not have representation with Consumers International Organisation based in London. This is a body whose members assist the consumer who have complaints with vendors based internationally.

The following highlights the risk one takes buying online from a foreign vendor.

A family member purchased a dual SIM mobile phone from Eglobal Central. The phone never worked, the vendor was notified immediately and the phone returned to them via registered post to an address in Hong Kong. The vendor claims the purchaser damaged the phone and is demanding € 150 to repair plus postage. Options at present? Write-off the €400 purchase, or pay up for the repair of a defective phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭oleras

vectra wrote: »
    Great.
    Thanks, as I said, I was mosre concerned about delivery over anything else.

I did email them one time about getting stung for duty and they said if that was to happen they would cover it.

I got a mail earlier with 10% rebate on up to 3k spend for this week. On the main page.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Wailin

Hi all, I don't have time to trawl through the whole thread so thought I'd just ask instead. Has anyone had any negative experience with this website? Was thinking of ordering a lens, the prices are so damn tempting but I don't want to get caught with import duties, dodgy items etc.

Was looking at the Canon 35mm 1.4ii which is priced at €1482, Irish price is €2400:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Wailin wrote: »
    Hi all, I don't have time to trawl through the whole thread so thought I'd just ask instead. Has anyone had any negative experience with this website? Was thinking of ordering a lens, the prices are so damn tempting but I don't want to get caught with import duties, dodgy items etc.

Was looking at the Canon 35mm 1.4ii which is priced at €1482, Irish price is €2400:eek:

Well why don't you just trawl through some of it?

Zak Flaps wrote: »

You're the helpful type i see....good man yourself.

Zak Flaps wrote: »

Yes,
    I do notice the replies in this place can often be as sarcastic as the ones in the motors forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

In fairness you claim you will save a grand if you can trust this site but wont read the thread ................with a grand at stake

Sheesh Millennials expect everything done for them !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

It depends on case to case to be fair. Around 80% orders go through fine and get delivered fine without any customs etc while the other 20% can get stopped but if you can them the invoice they refund you the customs cost.

I have bought around 8 items till date and all were fine. And all 8 were delivered from a parcel forwarding company in UK.

dan786 wrote: »
    It depends on case to case to be fair. Around 80% orders go through fine and get delivered fine without any customs etc while the other 20% can get stopped but if you can them the invoice they refund you the customs cost.

I have bought around 8 items till date and all were fine. And all 8 were delivered from a parcel forwarding company in UK.

Thanks Dan, that's all I was asking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PEDROMC

STAY WELL CLEAR. I WILL UPDATE WHEN THEY GET BACK TO ME - AFTER A YEAR

Here is my experience with them. Bought three android phones for the kids...

Faulty goods they then 'lose' when returned even though recorded delivery proves they receive it.

Here is the conversation for you to review. It is appalling. This one was a phone for my daughter.

December 2015 It was faulty. we communicate about how to fix it and they ask for it to be sent back in January.

11 February 2016, 10:53am received at their office and signed for via recorded by a name McFarland

March 2nd. They said they had no-one with that name at their office and the post man has sent to wrong address! They then say I need to claim against the courier. I explain it isnt the courier, its the post office. They say that they dont have it even though we have proof of it being delivered at the address. They keep repeating this over 15 messages until ...

July 15th 2016 " we will escalate to management and it will take a bit of time for review the case" (at the time of writing the management have been reviewing it for 5 months and the case has been opened for a year

Sept 2016:Lots of messages back and forth where they say they are chasing the courier. They repeat this lots but of course there is no courier - liars.

1/11/2016 after a further 20 messages..."sorry be informed there is still no update on your case"
    I have asked six times who IMX are and they wont respond to that question

13th December 2016 Still no response since 1/11/2016 and a total of 61 messages have exchanged with none dealing with the case and of course five whole months since they "ESCALATED IT TO MANAGEMENT"

STAY WELL CLEAR. I WILL UPDATE WHEN THEY GET BACK TO ME

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PEDROMC

I WILL UPDATE WHEN THEY GET BACK TO ME - AFTER A YEAR

Here is the conversation for you to review. It is appalling. This was a phone for my daughter.

December 2015 It was faulty. we communicate about how to fix it and they ask for it to be sent back in January.

11 February 2016, 10:53am received at their office and signed for via recorded by a name McFarland

March 2nd. They said they had no-one with that name at their office and the post man has sent to wrong address! They then say I need to claim against the courier. I explain it isnt the courier, its the post office. They say that they dont have it even though we have proof of it being delivered at the address. They keep repeating this over 15 messages until ...

July 15th 2016 " we will escalate to management and it will take a bit of time for review the case" (at the time of writing the management have been reviewing it for 5 months and the case has been opened for a year

Sept 2016:Lots of messages back and forth where they say they are chasing the courier. They repeat this lots but of course there is no courier - caught lying.

1/11/2016 after a further 20 messages..."sorry be informed there is still no update on your case"
    I have asked six times who IMX are and they wont respond to that question

13th December 2016 Still no response since 1/11/2016 and a total of 61 messages have exchanged with none dealing with the case and of course five whole months since they "ESCALATED IT TO MANAGEMENT"

I WILL UPDATE WHEN THEY GET BACK TO ME

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I got about a grands worth of equipment last week. Got a 5% discount from the site.

Took about 10 days to arrive. Was over a third cheaper than anywhere else. Absolutely no problems. Got multiple emails on the order status, a verification call from them and order tracking through DPD once it landed in the UK. Better service than most imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

Ordered a canon DSLR off them on Wednesday, was very worried about delivery due to it being a Hong Kong website, I paid an extra 8 for express delivery.
    And just looking at my parcel tracking on DPD website, the package has left its Manchester warehouse and is on its way to Athlone depot.
    So good so far and saved myself at least €120 on prices here!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

Update: so I ordered Wednesday, and it arrived today (Saturday)

Couldn't fault the service or the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,862 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I need to get a Sony a 5000 & they are dearer than Amazon UK

The uk price is cheaper than the eu Ireland price but they won't deliver to PM or addresspal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Is there any way of telling what gets shipped from their EU warehouse?

Edit: I'm not planning on ordering before Christmas, just wondering in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 muzak

I ordered a Nikon D750 with the kit lens for €1,000 less expensive than here in Ireland. I ordered on 21-1-17 (9 days ago-7 business days). It is now in Athlone sorting hub so I am expecting to get it Monday/Tuesday...will update when I get it but everything seems to be going to plan. My boyfriend also got me an external hard drive for Xmas and it arrived within a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 muzak

muzak wrote: »
    I ordered a Nikon D750 with the kit lens for €1,000 less expensive than here in Ireland. I ordered on 21-1-17 (9 days ago-7 business days). It is now in Athlone sorting hub so I am expecting to get it Monday/Tuesday...will update when I get it but everything seems to be going to plan. My boyfriend also got me an external hard drive for Xmas and it arrived within a few days.

It arrived today and is working perfectly. I am happy with this company, everything went 100% but my nerves were shot the whole time I was waiting on it. :rolleyes: I saved €1,000 on a product. I took a chance and it worked out well. That's my individual experience anyway. I would order again (and am planning to). I ordered the Nikon D750 for €1,994 and it is selling in Ireland for €2,999. (with kit lens.) Happy days. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PaddyFinn

Hi All,

I've never posted on boards.ie but, having been worried about what I'd read about eglobalcentral.eu before using them, I thought that it would be helpful to others to post about my positive experience with the site. I took a punt and ordered a DJI Mavic Pro drone which was about €250 cheaper than elsewhere. Once I confirmed the transaction, I waited with baited breath to see what would happen next. Would it materialise? Would it be sent from China and arrive with a hefty bill for VAT and Duty? I saved a copy of the terms and conditions etc. on the website should I need to call on them.

Two days later I got an email to say that it was being dispatched. I checked the tracking number and saw that it was being dispatched from Manchester. Within a week of placing the order, I had a brand spanking new Mavic Pro in my hands. Delighted!

The majority of the negative reviews are from 2016 and earlier. Perhaps this website has just picked up its game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Am intrigued by this site.

These are incredible prices on these lenses...

https://www.eglobalcentral.com/canon-ef-24-70mm-f-2.8l-ii-usm-lenses.html#

https://www.eglobalcentral.com/tamron-sp-af-24-70mm-f-2.8-di-vc-usd-lenses-canon-mount.html#

I'm VAT registered, so if I had to pay it, it wouldn't matter.

Very tempted by the Canon. ;)

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

I have used these a couple of time and always found them great.
    Last week bought a camera from them as a back up for a trip. Thing turns out to be second hand and no reply from them. May be starting to slip.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TTWNF

I have used these a couple of time and always found them great.
    Last week bought a camera from them as a back up for a trip. Thing turns out to be second hand and no reply from them. May be starting to slip.

thats worrying

i've bought camera and lenses from them before with no problems .... was going to buy a D750 next week .... not so sure now! How do you know the camera is second-hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

As have I and never had an issue.
    The camera had someone's name in the custom setup, it was set up for a particular style of shooting and had over 1800 shots already taken on it. I may not have noticed only I went to set it for my type of photography.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TTWNF

As have I and never had an issue.
    The camera had someone's name in the custom setup, it was set up for a particular style of shooting and had over 1800 shots already taken on it. I may not have noticed only I went to set it for my type of photography.

i still think i'm going to chance it!

TTWNF wrote: »
    i still think i'm going to chance it!

So am I in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

Anyone recommend using parcel motel here with uk address or just shipping direct to home.

Advertisement