Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Miso225

Few hours ago received mail that my order is being packed. I did not expect anything sooner as it was weekend. Actually I expected them to ask for those document scans as I placed two orders that failed first, not realising I have limit on Internet payments set with my bank. Now they have you to agree to provide those verification documents at checkout along with their terms and conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 PepePareja

Note: I'm aware that I have posted very little on Boards over the years, but please don't write me off as a spammer just because I'm not very active. I'm just trying to be helpful to others, just as I found this thread to be helpful to me.

Hi,

I know that this post is somewhat off topic (it doesn't refer to lenses), but I wanted to offer my experiences to anyone who is wondering about this eGlobal company and is considering buying cameras etc from them. My purchase was an Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, so take what you want from my post.

I found this thread a couple of weeks ago, because I was searching the internet for reviews of the company. For some reason that I can't quite put my finger on, I was nervous of making a purchase from them. Maybe 'If it seems to good to be true, it probably is' was rattling around in my head. The price was a fair amount less than I could buy it for anywhere else.

Anyway, being Irish, I was delighted to find a thread on an Irish website with positive reviews. It gave me just enough courage to go place an order. (albeit a small one compared to the price of lenses etc).

I placed my order and for a few days I got a series of emails telling me that my order was on hold, that a courier had collected my parcel in a bulk shipment, but I couldn't yet track it and finally, that my tracking number would become 'trackable' within another 48 hours. This all made me very nervous, as I'm used to getting two emails from other companies. One to say that payment has been received and one to say it has been shipped (including a working tracking number).

I had resigned myself to the possibility that I may end up spending months trying to get a refund, when all of a sudden, my tracking number started to work and I got the status 'out for delivery'. I received the item the next day - with a free, good quality kindle case included in the parcel!

It ends up that the item was posted from the UK and from order date to receipt of the item, it was around 1 week. So, overall, I would describe it as a very good shopping experience.

Best of luck.

Hi!

I am at the moment also waiting for tracking number. Cca 24 hours after they updated status to "Packing & Delivering soon" I asked for tracking. Chat was online at that time(first time I was on their website actually) so I got my reply instantly, saying that parcel was indeed dispatched and I will have tracking number within 48 hours. So I expect to be able to track my shipment early next morning...

I will of course let You all know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

My tamron came back into stock last Friday and I received a tracking number today with DPD.

Its showing in Manchester.

I saw the same lenses in the camera shop in Blanchardstown for 1400 , so 731 is a great price.

Received working tracking number now, however there is only "Order Received" status in HK only... At least I can track my shipment now. Also email from eglobal says: "Please allow up to 1-2 working days for the tracking to update and reflect the current status of the parcel."

• Advertisement

Still the same status "Order Received" on tracking site after 3 days. No idea where is my shipment? I opened a ticket with eGlobal...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

If you read back through this thread you'll see that is the norm and nothing to worry about.

Miso225 wrote: »
    Still the same status "Order Received" on tracking site after 3 days. No idea where is my shipment? I opened a ticket with eGlobal...

You will get an email with a tracking number eventually.
    If you're worried you can chat to them online.

I received tracking number 3 days ago. Funny thing is that as I went to check now it is not working anymore?! It used to say "Order Received" in HK and that was it for 3 days. I was expecting it to show more than that if parcel was moving... You can hardly call that tracking if it does not change in 3 days. They did not reply to ticket I send them early this morning. I am going to ask again why tracking stopped working... It showed my name and all and now it says "Sorry, your parcel details cannot be found." Strange as if they never send that shipment, maybe only data to courier company...

I received tracking number 3 days ago. Funny thing is that as I went to check now it is not working anymore?! It used to say "Order Received" in HK and that was it for 3 days. I was expecting it to show more than that if parcel was moving... You can hardly call that tracking if it does not change in 3 days. They did not reply to ticket I send them early this morning. I am going to ask again why tracking stopped working... It showed my name and all and now it says "Sorry, your parcel details cannot be found." Strange as if they never send that shipment, maybe only data to courier company...
    If you click the tracking number in the email it will bring you to the carrier site.
    I had DPD. Click on where has my parcel been and it will show the location.
    Mine arrived today. I've still to open it.

• Advertisement

I have Asendia tracking now but I expect DPD to deliver in my country as well. It used to work when I clicked on tracking link in email as you describe, but now it does not anymore... No reply from eGlobal yet... Did You order standard or express delivery? How many days it took from order to delivery? Thanks!

I have Asendia tracking now but I expect DPD to deliver in my country as well. It used to work when I clicked on tracking link in email as you describe, but now it does not anymore... No reply from eGlobal yet... Did You order standard or express delivery? How many days it took from order to delivery? Thanks!
    I ordered express but it got delayed duecto stock levels. As I said earlier. Get onto their chat facility. I found them very helpful.

Yes, but their chat is rarely online...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Don't worry about it, takes approximately 6 days, never heard of a person not getting their eglobal order....

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭versager

Two coupon codes to be used with eglobacentral.eu valid until 16th of November:

Buy anything worth €350 or above and get discount of €8. Use code EarlyB8.

Buy anything worth €550 or above and get discount of €12. Use code EarlyB12.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wezzzor

So thinking of placing an order on E Global for an Olympus EM1. Are people still avoiding Import/customs charges?

Cheers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

I was told this when I questioned them re customs/VAT.
    Thank you for your message.

With regard to your query, we would like to confirm that orders placed on our site, are shipped out from our Hong Kong Warehouse as we are a Hong Kong Based company. The invoice we send is based only on the price of the item, any tax or vat amount will not be indicated on the invoice

However, we ship our orders with special logistics arrangement and therefore all you will need to pay is the prices on website, no VAT, import fees nor hidden charges involved for the customer on any order. Any VAT or customs duties incurred will be settle by eGlobaL. The price you see on the website is the final price you pay for the product.

So it seems that in the off chance you do get caught by Customs eGlobal themselves will settle the amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

Anybody hear the lady from the Revenue Commissioners on Radio last week?

She was warning that Revenue were now targeting parcels that were not correctly declared (Contents / value). So, even if E-Global offer to pay, it could mean that goods could get held up in customs for quite a while until the taxes are paid.

Got my parcel last Thursday. It indeed was held by customs earlier that week. I got call from carrier asking me for confirmation of payment and some personal details. They said they have agreement with sender and that they will clear parcel with customs and invoice all due taxes to sender of parcel. An that is exactly what happened. I am VERY POSITIVELY surprised with eGlobal having such an agreement! They do not lie a bit, but I have to admit I was worried. Original ETA was on Tuesday so customs delay was only 2 days. It may vary I guess... It was held because sender undervalued it to some 20EUR camera parts on custom papers. As far as I know customs take only 20% of all shipments for random inspection so it is still pretty good.

I love my purchase with eGlobal overall. Saved some 300 EUR but I have still to pray that my camera wont go bad, because I do not want to do that remote warranty thing, even when You can send it to UK address... And if it dies after warranty period I will have to find some 3rd party camera repair shop, because as You all should know by now, certified shops can not take gray market items...

There were some things I did not like - slow, very slow communication with eGlobal. Once it took 2 days for them to reply. This can be stressful if You have some kind of problem. Tracking is another one - it was bad. It takes full week or so to get any idea where Your parcel is. They also do not tell You who will be the last mile courier on their order page. I had to ask but after that I could track my shipment.

From my experience there is nothing to worry using eGlobal. I will check them in future for lens prices and will use them no problem. Now my first time is past me and I know what I can expect buying from them. If You see something on their site You really like and You understand what it means buying gray, I can recommend using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ronieeeeffd

Hello! I placed an order for a dual sim LG G4 and I'm very worried , I placed the order on the 27th of November 2015 in the evening and now its the 1st of December evening but the money hasn't gone out of my bank account and the order is still "processing" after 4 days!
    I was wondering if you had the same problem? Could you explain exactly how your experience went? Or at least give me some reassurance! Thanks!

• Advertisement

Hello! I placed an order for a dual sim LG G4 and I'm very worried , I placed the order on the 27th of November 2015 in the evening and now its the 1st of December evening but the money hasn't gone out of my bank account and the order is still "processing" after 4 days!
    I was wondering if you had the same problem? Could you explain exactly how your experience went? Or at least give me some reassurance! Thanks!

You ordered last Friday and are panicking on Monday.
    They have weekends off as well as we do!

Contact them on chat for an update. Very helpful bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Just wanted to register another happy transaction on this thread. Got my lens today, 8 days after ordering. Way cheaper than anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ronieeeeffd

You ordered last Friday and are panicking on Monday.
    They have weekends off as well as we do!

Contact them on chat for an update. Very helpful bunch.

Hi,

Yes you're right I am worrying a bit but should it really still be processing after 5 days now? And surely the package won't arrive in under 6-8 days if it's processing after 5 days right?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Mizuno Man

Just another happy comment on eGlobal....

I was looking for the Canon EF-S 55-250 IS STM Lens but have been struggling cash wise. Cheapest in this country is 299 with most retailers at 329 or 349 euro.

Amazon cheapest price was £130 plus shipping making it around 200 euro or so.

I had been lurking on ebay and donedeal and other places for a second hand one, but even at that it would 150 euro plus.

Got it from eGlobal for 134 euro shipped. Paid on Tuesday and have it in my hands today - exactly one week later. It actually shipped from a warehouse in Lancashire so there was never going to be any customs issues.

It is a brand new lens, with the latest firmware already installed, with original Canon box and literature.

I will certainly be looking at eGlobal again in the future. For me, this time around at least, it was too good to be true. But it turned out it actually was true! Less than half the price of the cheapest on offer here. I know it's a grey import, but at that price, who cares! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Synchronicity

Pulled the trigger on a D750 today. First-time eGlobal buyer so have the grey import fear, even after skimming through this thread.

If it goes through customs etc ok i'll save approx €300 on the amazon price and €700 on what the camera shops here are looking for. Ideally would support bricks and mortar outlets but that €700 will get me a nice lens.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Echoes675

I got my D750 from eGlobal nearly 2 years ago. Made a great saving and the camera has been working fine for me so far!

Regarding the camera itself, you'll not be disappointed. It is fantastic!!

eoin_mcg wrote: »
    I got my D750 from eGlobal nearly 2 years ago. Made a great saving and the camera has been working fine for me so far!

Regarding the camera itself, you'll not be disappointed. It is fantastic!!

Love hearing these kind of reports, thanks! Rarely (never?) hear a bad word said against the d750 alright. Fingers crossed she arrives safe and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,018 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Looking at getting the Nikon D5500 + AFS Nikkor DX 35mm Lens. Cheapest in Ireland that I can find the camera (€699.99) and the lens (€199.99) is in Currys. On Eglobal its coming in at camera (€485.99) and lens (€157.99). Looking at a saving of €256. Very tempted at the moment to take the plunge.

Edit: Currently doing €8 off also so now a saving of €264.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Monkey Sampan

I think I'll be taking a punt on the Canon 70-200mm 2.8 IS II pretty soon, it's down to €1550 at the moment, compared to around €2600 locally and between €1600-1800 from B&H in the US or Amazon in the UK.

Even a used one online from the UK averages at €1300

The fact they take Paypal and deal in Euros is a massive draw for me too, as I can transfer it from my bank account instead of dealing with credit cards or currency brokers.

Anything above the €500 mark for me is too much hassle to pay in anything other than euros, as I've got stung in the past with the hidden fees and rates on larger transactions.

• Advertisement

Took delivery of my d750 yesterday.

Total cost €1312...such a massive saving over the retail price of €2149 :eek:.

They sent it from Manchester so there were no duty charges. Will buy from them again, indeed have a couple of lenses on order already. They do a bit of ID verification which delays things for a couple of days, and it took just under two weeks from my initial order until delivery but I'm not complaining at all.

#teameglobal

Advertisement