Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E global central

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Faze11 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend using parcel motel here with uk address or just shipping direct to home.

There's a parcel motel thread on boards, full of complaints. So unless you want your item to magically dissapear, I'd suspect you're better off shipping direct to your home.

Also to note that the liability for PM is automatically set to €100, and they seem to be using some sort of excuse or another to weasel out when you apply for extended liability according to the thread.

Personally I wouldn't chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

I think Parcel Motel has been a service of Nightline, which was just purchased, I think by UPS. So, I'd think things there will be confusing for the time being. (although I would think the problems in the thread will eventually get sorted... I don't think UPS will stand for it.)

I'm a fan of shipping to home or work myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Faze11 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend using parcel motel here with uk address or just shipping direct to home.

Up until Christmas yes, but they went to the dogs, and tried to renege on promises to staff so hard to give them business now.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TTWNF

Anyone have any problems entering a postcode on the DPD (Follow My Parcel) site?

I have my tracking number but the DPD website doesn't recognise my postcode for some reason - Dublin postcode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Maybe it wants (useless grbage) Eircode?
    TTWNF wrote: »
    DPD website doesn't recognise my postcode for some reason - Dublin postcode

• Advertisement

Heebie wrote: »
    Maybe it wants (useless grbage) Eircode?

No tried that but didn't work either!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jasonrwc

Anyone buy the Beats by Dr. Dre Powerbeats3 Wireless In-Ear Headphones off this site? they cost €130, anyone know if there is vat or customs to pay on it and how much that would be?

Are these fully legit beats, seems they are very cheap, i suppose i am just worried they will be a cheap Chinese knock off.

just got a D750 delivered within a week .... registered its serial number with a Nikon .... excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Dinarius

TTWNF wrote: »
    just got a D750 delivered within a week .... registered its serial number with a Nikon .... excellent

Well done!

How much did you save on the price?

Thanks.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 joselete

I bought a dji mavid last week, I've received an email saying that the item had been dispached, and a traking number, 3 days later the parcel havent yet leave eglobal central as DPD traking but on their page is marked as dispached. Have email them but no answer so far. I'll post updates here, so far i cant recommend. I hope i didnt loose 1000 euros.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Macer123

I've tracked this thread for a long time and eventually tested the waters by ordering lens for my Canon M10.
    Order placed Thursday last week, lens arrived today (Friday) Via Hong Kong, London & Belgium in that order, by An Post registered mail. Saved 200 Euro !! All good, now to test the lens !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

joselete wrote: »
    I bought a dji mavid last week, I've received an email saying that the item had been dispached, and a traking number, 3 days later the parcel havent yet leave eglobal central as DPD traking but on their page is marked as dispached. Have email them but no answer so far. I'll post updates here, so far i cant recommend. I hope i didnt loose 1000 euros.

I haven't bought from them yet but some people have eventually gotten their orders after sometime but were under the impression the item is in stock when it wasnt in the first place. Hopefully you get it eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

I took the chance and ordered a bundle of items, camera, lens and spare OEM battery, I paid for the express shipping 6 to 8 days. After one week I heard nothing so sent them an email enquiring as to the status of my order, I was informed the lens was out of stock and they would ship everything together with a delay of approximately one week, I wasn't happy and told them this in the email. They asked that I keep my order and they would refund the cost of express shipping, I went with this option. They were very slow to update the shipping but were quick to respond to my emails, this gained some trust with them.

After almost two weeks I got an update to say my order had been dispatched, sixteen days after first placing my order everything arrived by courier, it was well packaged and everything was there, I was happy, my order was signed for and a day or so later I received the express shipping refund.

A couple of things I have learned about eGlobal, they appear to have everything listed as In Stock, this was not the case with my order. They are slow to update the shipping status but responded to all my emails in a timely manner. The thirty day money back guarantee begins when your order is "Picked", you could then be another two weeks waiting on your order, so your money back timeframe is very much shortened.

The big plus - I saved €820 on quotes I received in two shops in Ireland for the same order.

Would I buy from eGlobal again? Yes, absolutely but not if I really needed something fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I have bought several cameras and lenses over the past 4-5 years from Eglobal and was always very happy until now :(

I ordered a camera and lens on 19th June and also a separate lens same day.

The separate lens arrived over a week ago and the status on the camera/lens is showing as still processing. Over the past week i have sent several messages, emails and tickets etc etc and i have never been acknowledged.

I'm not happy and i feel now like returning the lens and cancelling the camera/lens pending order.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

Can I ask has anyone had the need to get cameras repaired that were ordered on e Global .. I understand stand that these are grey market products and warranty not valid in EU. So what option do I have if I make a purchase on a camera and it turns out I need a repair, will the likes of conns or Birmingham cameras repair at my own expense..mixed messages that some camera stores won't touch a grey import even if you are prepared to pay rather than use warranty.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

sugarman wrote: »
    Has anyone ever claimed the promotional cashback from Canon or Nikon from purchases from here?

Canon list the valid retailers on their site and E global is not on the list

https://www.canon.ie/cashback/current-cashback/terms-and-conditions/#retailers

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Marty.wall

Took the plunge after reading this thread lads and ordered a Canon powershot sx430, I know nothing special but the brother has a similar model and I'm only a beginner. Anyway ordered it last Wednesday (12th June) and everything went okay at first in terms of the processing email and I received an email saying the good had shipped on the 13th.

It took a day or two for the tracking to work which was fine so I checked the details and it shipped from Hong Kong to the UK and was apparently in the UK on the 17th but the following day it is showing as being in Belgium and has been showing a current status of: Departure to country of destination since 8am on the 18th.Is this normal or should I get in contact with them?

Also, any recommendations on an upgrade level camera would be appreciated. Hoping to play around with this for a month or two then get a half decent piece of equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

The last 2 orders I got from them stopped off in Belgium before landing in DPD in the UK. So I'd give it a day or 2 before panicking.

Grand so I won't start sweating about it yet. Hopefully get it by Monday. Cheers for the reply.
    DrZeuss wrote: »
    The last 2 orders I got from them stopped off in Belgium before landing in DPD in the UK. So I'd give it a day or 2 before panicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭hopeso

Sorry, this is a long thread and it's probably been asked before, but do all electrical items purchased from E global come with 3 pin plugs, suitable for Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Looking at getting this from eGlobal but I'm scared! Will be the most expensive piece of photography equipment I've ever bought so I'm apprehensive. Such good savings over any other sellers though.

I can't say that they all do but I got a camera just a couple of days ago and that came with a 3 pin plug. I'd imagine anything coming to Ireland either comes with a 3 pin or with an adapter.
    hopeso wrote: »
    Sorry, this is a long thread and it's probably been asked before, but do all electrical items purchased from E global come with 3 pin plugs, suitable for Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 leahluigib

Marty.wall wrote: »
    Grand so I won't start sweating about it yet. Hopefully get it by Monday. Cheers for the reply.
    Marty.wall wrote: »
    I can't say that they all do but I got a camera just a couple of days ago and that came with a 3 pin plug. I'd imagine anything coming to Ireland either comes with a 3 pin or with an adapter.

Hi Marty.wall, so the camera you ordered arrived ok then in the end? Thinking about taking the plunge this week and purchasing something from eGlobal!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

hopeso wrote: »

They provided an adaptor with one of my purchases, no problem with it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

leahluigib wrote: »
    Hi Marty.wall, so the camera you ordered arrived ok then in the end? Thinking about taking the plunge this week and purchasing something from eGlobal!
    This is a competitor website but does much the same -
    I ordered this (below) and got delivery in less than a week. Seamless transaction and almost half (Irish) price. I believe that many of the 'naysayers' are disgruntled Irish vendors.

Website_www.e-infin.comE-mail_cs@e-infin.comORDER ACKNOWLEDGMENT
    Nikon D5600 Digital SLR Camera + AF-P DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR1€579.00
    Subtotal€579.00Discount-€0.00Free Shipping€0.00TotalEUR €579.00

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Dinarius

This is a competitor website but does much the same -
    I ordered this (below) and got delivery in less than a week. Seamless transaction and almost half (Irish) price. I believe that many of the 'naysayers' are disgruntled Irish vendors.

Website_www.e-infin.comE-mail_cs@e-infin.comORDER ACKNOWLEDGMENT
    Nikon D5600 Digital SLR Camera + AF-P DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR1€579.00
    Subtotal€579.00Discount-€0.00Free Shipping€0.00TotalEUR €579.00

Thanks for the headsup on this site.

I see they're even cheaper for the 24-70mm; a lens I would love.

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/canon-ef-24-70mm-f-2.8l-ii-usm-lenses.html#

https://www.e-infin.com/eu/item/1119/canon_ef_24-70mm_f/2.8l_ii_usm_standard_zoom_lens

D.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

There's a €150 difference between buying the camera I want on Amazon and EGlobal. Not sure if it's worth the risk....
    What bothers me is the brand on there is S0ny not Sony (zero instead of the letter O). Probably doesn't matter but I'd hate for the camera to be a fake and for them to say I could see it was S0ny.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I bought this from e-infin Last Saturday.
    Will reposrt back how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

dory wrote: »
    There's a €150 difference between buying the camera I want on Amazon and EGlobal. Not sure if it's worth the risk....
    What bothers me is the brand on there is S0ny not Sony (zero instead of the letter O). Probably doesn't matter but I'd hate for the camera to be a fake and for them to say I could see it was S0ny.

They are not renowned to be selling fakes. Possible error on the text entered for the web entry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

vectra wrote: »
    I bought this from e-infin Last Saturday.
    Will reposrt back how it goes.

My transaction with them was very smooth.

Requested confirmation that no duty / tax would be due on Tuesday.
    They confirmed and I bought Weds evening (12th).
    Shipping advice received Monday morning (17th).
    Delivery made Wednesday (19th)
    Product was perfect, new, well-wrapped. No warranty card, but I did not expect one..

Advertisement