Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Wrestling War

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

If I could be serious for a minute.

My vote here is for Storm. My kind of wrestler and someone I never got sick of watching. Kane has had too many ups and downs for me.

And Fergal is one of the best in the world today, Irish or otherwise. I don't think I need to even bother explaining why he is better than Sid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Kane hes iconic and fergal coz hes a bray man

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Kane, I always considered myself a big Taker mark and Kane was such a huge part of his history plus he has had more matches than almost anyone iirc

Fergal is the Irish boy done good who along with Shambo is the pinacle of Irish professional wrestlers except he is the more technically proficient of the two

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

One of my favs in Lance Storm along with sid head out and Kane and Prince Devitt head on to the nrxt phase
    Next up

Kevin Steen

Steenalizer.png

vs

Abyss

TNA_Abyss_Grey_Mask.jpg

and

A-Train/ Albert / Tensia / Giant Bernard

24d2fbr.jpg

vs

Diesel / Kevin Nash

wwe-legend-diesel-cum-kevin-nash-pictures.jpg

FIRST TO 4 VOTES WINS AND VOTES NEED REASONS TO COUNT

Going for Tensai myself. Over the eyars Ive grown to dislike Nash more and more. Never warmed to him at all in WWE and felt he only got over because of his look and who his friends were. Albert on the other hand seems to be a likeable guy and has been unlucky not to find a gimmick that works for him in the US. Im voting for him on his New Japan work alone.

Steen for me. Abyss always seemed like a Kane rip off to me. Steen is a hard worker and can be a great character on his day. Would love to se him in WWE with no restricts.

ALBERT AND STEEN FOR ME

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bit of a dud draw here tbh. I'm gonna have to vote Abyss over Steen because I've never seen much Steen's stuff. Abyss was alright in his day.

As for the two giants. Big Sexy takes it. Albert has never been in great shape and just never had IT whereas Nash had that kinda cool jock thing down. Being a part of the original NWO helped big time.

Abyss and Nash

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Abyss, I haven't really seen Steen's work so I don't have anything to base it off, while I've at least seen a decent amount of Abyss.

Tensai or whatever you wish to call him in the second. Don't like Nash, didn't like him in WCW or in his recent time in WWE. A-Train was decent enough in my mind, just not spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

Abyss takes it here, he's a very good big man, and had TNA being able to make something of itself he may have developed into their Undertaker ... or maybe Mick Foley.

Kevin Nash has to win the second. I'm not a huge fan, and would prefer to actually watch a Tensai match, but Nash has achieved so much that he has to take it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Never really bought into Steen. Abyss has always one of those guy I found entertaining. I love the fact he is one of the star TNA "made" if you caught my drift.

Nash takes the second. His main event run in WWE was a bit of a stinker but I loved his debut with Shawn and most of his WCW work. Douchebaggary aside he was a massive cog in what made the NWO such a great stable.

People can't talk about how good Albert is with bringing up his stint in Japan. If he was so great Tensai would have lasted longer. Prince Albert, A-Train, T&A all yawn worthy.

Abyss is through at the expense of Steen, while Nash leads A-Train by 3-2. One more for the former Vinnie Vegas and hes through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

In case I'm not online when it comes to vote for Christian count this as my vote for him please

Joseph Park/Abyss (I always thought he was underrated and does a great job in TNA) and Kevin Nash/Diesel (even though I think he is overrated he is better than Tensai/A-Train)

Nash follows Abyss to teh next phase. Bye Bye Tensai!

Next up....

Robbie Brookside

04.jpg

vs

Typhoon/The Shockmaster

Typhoon.jpg

and

Bret Hart

8937936_orig.jpg

vs

Mr Anderson

mr-anderson.jpg

FIRST TO 4 VOTES WINS AND VOTES NEED A REASON TO COUNT

Has to be two from the 90s. Phoon and Bret.

Robbie Brookside always looks like a wrestling Garth Elgar. Typhoon had he place and I enjoyed most of his stuff. The Natural Disasters were a make shift team that were almost made to be together. The tweaks made when they became the Natural Disasters were subtle yet perfect.

Bret is a class act. He was never going to live up to the Superhero that was Hulkamania HH but Bret was certainly admired hugely by me as a young lad.

Went for TugBoat/Typhoon myself. No disrespect to Brookside but Tugboat was a favourite as a kid and i look back on Fred Ottman with fond memories

Bret trumps Anderson any day of the week. Bret was an icon in the new gen era and is one of the all time greats.

Bret and Typhoon

Bret (who didn't want the glasses :p) and Tugboat (loved his heel turn on Hogan)

Bret will take some beating here. He's one of the greats so clearly should advance here.

I'm voting typhoon here too because I really like the natural disasters as a kid. Thought they looked cool.

Bret and Fred "Typhoon" Ottman head on into the next round

Next up
    Daniel Bryan

daniel_bryan.jpg

vs

Antonio Inoki

antonio-inoki.jpg

and

Fandango

fandango1.jpg

vs

Dino Bravo

dino-bravo01.jpg

First to 4 votes wins and votes need a reason to count

Daniel Bryan. I love seeing a guy who slogged in the indies for years get his/her time in the big time. DB has been part of so many top notch feuds and angles. YES YES YES.

Time warp- Fandango would have fit amazingly in Bravo's era. So colourful, so OTT, so camp and overplayed. Everything Bravo wasn't. A poster boy for bland.

Gonna echo Shagnastii's sentiments. Bryan is the ultimate wrestler AND has a tonne of personality and likability. One that nobody has a problem with in this day and age, which is rare.

I like Fandango, I'm not afraid to admit it. And I think he's pretty sound in the ring too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

I'm a fan of Daniel Bryan, however, right now, I'd have to go with Antonio Inoki. IT wouldnt be wrong to say that Inoki has been an important figure in the history of professional wrestling, founding New Japan Pro Wrestling, which is still a very successful promotion (Apparently second largest in terms of revenue and attandence behind WWE).

Bryan might be the top wrestler at the moment, and it seems like he could be at the beginning of a great run, but as of yet, I don't quite think he's up there with Inoki.

And Fandango over Dino Bravo. Was never impressed with Bravo, Fandango has a lot of talent.

Yes Yes Yes for Daniel Bryan ultimate underdog, great wrestler, likeable and good on the mic

Fandango as I really like his theme music

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

D Bryan, easily. One of the best wrestlers going now, and immensely enjoyable. I know Inoki's had a significant influence on the business, but this is more on the wrestler themselves for me, not their legacy.

Fandango I guess for the second, mainly cause I don't really have memories of Dino. Like Shag said, bland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

D bryan hes made wrestling interesting again and fandango hes fun

Advertisement