Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Wrestling War

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Goldberg. Was a always a wcw man and he was the stereotypical wcw superstar. never saw a wrestler make such an impact, was like a wrecking ball in the ring

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Goldberg joins Billington in the next round at the expense of Jannetty and the Sarge

Next up....

Kurt Angle

Kurt-Angle-pulls-out-of-London-Olympic-Trials-BL1A4ATM-x-large.jpg

vs

Andre The Giant

Andre1.jpg

and

Roddy Piper

rowdy%20roddy%20piper.jpg

vs

Tito Santana

Tito%2BSantana.jpg

FIRST TO 4 VOTES WINS AND VOTES NEED REASONS TO COUNT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Kurt and Roddy. Kurt is one of the all time greats and could wrestle against anyone in any style, while also being on fire on the mic. A talent like him comes along once a generation.

Roddy was one of the finest heels in the history of the sport that delivered a mountain of great memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Kurt and Roddy. Kurt is one of the all time greats and could wrestle against anyone in any style, while also being on fire on the mic. A talent like him comes along once a generation.

Roddy was one of the finest heels in the history of the sport that delivered a mountain of great memories.

I'm basically gonna plus one this. Angle is in a league of his own and far surpasses the very overrated Andre.

Santana was tolerable but had little charisma, something the Hotrod had and still has, in abundance.

Kurt and Roddy Piper get my votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Can see Kurt and Piper steamrolling this one so I have to give Andre a vote.

Andre was pure garbage in the ring. But he was definitely one of the most iconic wrestlers of the Hulkamania period. I was probably the only giant I was ever really impressed by. Big Show, Khali or Giant Gonzalez never really were as awesome as the "first". Andre's head looked the size of bunaglow and he had hands like JCB loaders.

I've give Tito a vote but he was the pictureboy of bland. Talking of "firsts" Roddy was probably the first great mouth in wrestling. Easily argued he the best stickman ever.

Andre and Roddy.

• Advertisement

Angle, one op my top 5 ever, brilliant at everything and the best i have ever seen in the ring.
    Piper, so charismatic, while he doesnt strike you as a typical wwe wrestler, his brawling style and unreal mic skills won many over including me

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Angle and Piper

Never a bad match from Kurt awesome wrestler and fun on the mic :p always enjoyed Piper's Pit, Roddy is a great heel

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Angle & Piper to go through here

Andre was iconic but unless he was very different in his early career he wasn't exactly great in the ring and could barely move in it near the end. Angle meanwhile could do it all

Meanwhile Piper was great on the mic, easily one of the best at the time and of all time arguably and a truly top heel

Angle and Piper go through and Andre and Tito hit the bricks.

Next up...

King Kong Bundy

Wikia_MWC_-_KKB_vs._Bumblebee.png

vs

AJ Styles

file_186789_2_aj-styles%281%29.jpg

and

Kenny King

img_5136.jpg

vs

Dean Ambrose/ John Moxley

Dean-Ambrose-face-WWE.jpg

FIRST TO 4 VOTES WINS AND AS EVER, GIVE A REASON FOR YOUR VOTE OR IT WONT COUNT!

I myself am going for KKB in the first one. Nothing against Styles, I think hes a great worker and one of the reasosn TNA did so well. I just have a soft spot for Bundy ever since he appeared on Married with children.. Bundy for me

In the 2nd one its Ambrose all day long. Again nothing wrong with King, im just a mark for Dean and think hes got a bright future as a top heel.

• Advertisement

Im going with styles in the first. Brilliant at everything and just really exciting to watch.
    Ambrose in the second, brilliant in ring skills and gold on the mic, massive future!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

King Kong Bundy for me. Every tape I saw of him he delivered a decent big man role. Styles I have never liked.

Ambrose is an obvious choice in the second one for me although my least fav member of the shield his persona is excellent.

Bundy, AJ just isn't for me. I should like him a lot more but there is something about him I don't like, I always preferred Evan Bourne in that style than AJ.

Ambrose because he is just magic and one of the best things going today.

Mr. TNA high flyer Styles for me, some excellent matches from him and he helped build the promotion

Dean Ambrose - He is in one the best stables of the past few years and is great in ring and on the mic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Styles always thought his ROH matchs were top class the ones that used be on the wrestling channel, Bundy is alright but to me he's just another that was fed to hulkamania

don't know much about King but i love Ambrose so no contest at all

Ambrose is one of the best on the mic and in the ring atm so hard luck mr king but you never stood a chance with this draw and in the other battle im going for Bundy. AJ just always seemed a bit bland, a bit meh to me even while being a great athlete, Bundy thouugh was a great big man and even cameo'd with his name sake Al in Married with children which puts him over the top for me :D

Never warmed to Bundy. AJ is TNAs sting and his threeway matches with Joe and Daniels are probably in my top 5.

Ambrose has to go through. He is hyped to the moon by the IWC but he really deserves all the plaudits.

In a shock (one Im happy with), AJ Styles is out and King Kong Bundy marches on.. As does Dean Ambrose at the expense of Mr king

Next up, ....

Bruiser Brody

brody-01.jpg

vs

Bobby Roode

roode01.jpg

and

The Great Muta

GreatMuta_0002.jpg

vs

Sting

6101323_orig.jpg

FIRST TO 4 VOTES WINS AND VOTES MUST HAVE REASONS TO COUNT!

Well **** this is a tough one...Bobby is one of the best workers not in WWE, very solid and a natud heel....yet Bruiser Brody is ****ing Bruiser Brody man!!! Loll go with Bobby, his flaws are not as visible as Brody.

And Muta is one of the greatest characters we have ever seen, who hasn't tarnished his reputation like Sting has in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Bruiser Brody had a great handle on his character.

Sting just loses out to Muta for me. Muta and liger are the two names that always stuck with me from my days of Japanese wrestling

• Advertisement

I love Beer Money and everything that Roode has done but there's no denying TNA was on the way down when he was on the way up. Brody is a true legend of the sport. Brody FTW.

I never enjoyed wrestling more than the WCW days when Crow Sting was the lone superhero out to thwart the evil of the NWO. Sickening he never had a run in WWE.

Ill go for Roode in the first, brilliant in singles and tag team action and still has huge more potential.
    The second has to be Sting, in my top 2 ever. Brilliant at everything, the face of WCW, loved that character.

Roode. Should be in WWE now and isn't reaching his potential with TNA yet.

Great Muta for me. Tough round as I like all 4 guys.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Ill go for Roode in the first, brilliant in singles and tag team action and still has huge more potential.
    The second has to be Sting, in my top 2 ever. Brilliant at everything, the face of WCW, loved that character.

+ 1 too lazy :p

Bobby Roode over Brody. Roode has a much wider range in ring and character wise.

I think Muta over Sting. Borden in TNA has done zero for me and I feel it tarnishes his rep

Im pretty sure if I gave TNA more of a chance recently i'd be going with Bobby as I used to like him but Bruiser is the man and the wild fellah who is currently in the BWA in this years draft gets my biased vote

in the other one I also think I'm probably voting wrong as Muta probably deserves the win but this time not watching recent TNA probably helps and Sting was just so cool in WCW and for me was someone I always wanted in the WWE, so Sting & Brody

Bobby Rude and The Great Muta advance at teh expense of the legends that are Brody and Sting. Big faller there in sting

Next up

Lance Storm

15.jpg

v

Kane

kane7.png

and

Sid Justice/ Syco Sid

sid-justice-137-wwf-1991-merlin-italian-version-wrestling-trading-card-45861-p.jpg

vs

Fergal Devitt

7291_541762529192760_1751053574_n.jpg

FIRST TO 4 VOTWS WINS AND VOTES MUST HAVE A REASON OR THEY WONT COUNT

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Kane, my favourite wrestler, or Lance Storm, a man I care nothing about. Tough choice, but Kane edges it :P

Fergal easy enough. I don't have much in the way of memories of Sid, really. Fergal on the other hand is current, and hugely entertaining.

I like Storm I have to say. A bit devoid of charisma but he knew it. He was a bit of a throwback too in a sense. Kane has reinvented himself a million times to his credit, but the Calgary man gets my vote.

For match two I'm picking Prince Devitt. Ask me that a year ago and I wouldn't have been able to say the same. He's unreal, checked out a lot of his NJPW stuff including Apollo 55, his solo jr heavyweight matches and now his Bullet Club/Venom phase. He's just savage.

• Advertisement

Have to say Kane. Even though he was been up and down over the years. Definitely one of the great characters of the modern era. His debut and feud with Taker was so impactful. On par with early mankind as one Undertaker's brilliant monsters that wasn't laughable.

Davitt. Same reason I gave for Sheamus. It's amazing where a young guy from Ireland has gotten to. In Davitt's case probably even more so. Sid had a look made for wrestling. Huge, intimidating, mean looking. Was void of charisma and skills though.

Advertisement