Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Wrestling War

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Low Ki, love his matches and ring work

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'll give it to Art Barr. Never liked Low-ki outside of his ringwork he's a bit of a dud (which was clear on his WWE run). Art had a gorgeous forg splash and it's a pity we never saw him and Eddie in the big leagues.

I'd also vote for Benoit. I judge him entirely on his career achievements as a wrestling fan don't even think about his final actions. The man clearly was mentally amiss. Anyways he had a stellar career and although I'm in the minority in the IWC I though he was a mat wrestler that made it entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Benoit and Art Barr, an under rated star, advance while Low Ki and Jerry Lawler, one of the best heels in the business go out.
    Next up

Davey Richards

782689191_Q8SJx-M.jpg

VS

The Rainmaker - Kazuchika Okada

220px-OKADA_rainmaker.JPG

and

Bob "Hardcore/Sparky Plugg" Holly

tumblr_mxnsgb6rA71rg89a6o1_500.jpg

vs

Michael PS Hayes/Doc Hendrix

Michael_Hayes_475189a.jpgDokHendrix001.jpg

FIRST TO 4 VOTES ADVANCES AND VOTES MUST HAVE A REASON TO COUNT!

Im a huge fan of Okada so he gets my vote. Hes fantastic to watch and Id love to see him wrestle more in america.

Michael Hayes gets my other vote. He, as one of the freebirds, was part of one of teh best factions ever and made being a heel so cool.

Hayes and Okada for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

My complaint with Davey is the same as Low Ki; his matches remind me that it's fake and takes the piss out of the wrestling at times. Okada is one of the very best in the world today, so it's an easy vote for him.

Bob Holly is ****. That's all I need to say :p

• Advertisement

My complaint with Davey is the same as Low Ki; his matches remind me that it's fake and takes the piss out of the wrestling at times. Okada is one of the very best in the world today, so it's an easy vote for him.

Bob Holly is ****. That's all I need to say :p

So is that a vote for Sparky Plug ?? Cant see what it says but i assume it says good :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Rainmaker in Match 1. He's everybit as believable as Richards but so much more stylish, there's a reason he's always in top 5's. Has a great look too. Okada over Davey Richards.

I've never really seen much of PS Hayes to be quite honest. I really enjoyed Hardcore Holly as the Big Shot and as the tough as nails redneck. I've also just read his book and enjoyed it so I'm going with Holly over Hayes.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    So is that a vote for Sparky Plug ?? Cant see what it says but i assume it says good :pac:

On yeah, Bob Holly is the greatest thing to ever happen to wrestling :P

I dislike Holly more than I should :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Okada. I've watched a few matches of him and he's quite impressive. Also, similar to Low Ki, Richards attitude is fairly terrible, though it's almost impressive he's kept it up considering just how many bridges he's burnt.

Hayes I suppose, though I'm fairly indifferent to both. I think that second picture of him is what won me over.

Do have a bit of the Vince McMahon in me where at times I hate a shortasses. That's why I'll choose the rainmaker over DR.

Holly was decent but never anything special. Michael Hayes is a gob****e yeah but the Freebirds in every incarnation were the business.

• Advertisement

Hayes and Okada stroll through at the expense of Bob Holly and Davey Richards

Next up...

JBL

345582-jbl___standing.jpg

VS

BXB HULK

thumbs_james-abbott-bxb-hulk-2.jpg

and

Seth Rollins/Tyler Black

l_793ef29fac05d34f773034999b38e8061.jpg

vs

Road Dogg Jessie James

the-road-dogg-jesse-james.jpg

FIRST TO 4 VOTES WINS AND VOTES MUST HAVE A REASON TO COUNT

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

JBL, love his brawler style and his sh1t eating grin

Seth Rollins, his high flying beats the Dogg mic work

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sin Eater

JBL, all day long! Very good brawler, and great on the mic.

Road Dogg Jesse James over Seth Rollins. Rollins is great, but hasn't done enough to compare with the New Age Outlaws, Degeneration-x, and (to a slightly lesser extent) 3 Live Kru.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

JBL, cause I don't really know the other guy.

Rollins cause I enjoy him more than Road Dogg, particularly of late.

JBL in a squash. A super WWE champ and a constant source of entertainment since quitting the ring.

Rollins. Hope the Shield members all go far. Have been central to all that's been good in recent years. So many "meh" periods in Road Dogg's career. All downhill from the fantastic NAOs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

JBL, cos he's a wrestling GAWWD!

and although I feel im probably wrong in doing so and biased because the here and now is so fresh - Rollins over James. The road dogg is great on the Mic but I believe in the Shield and in Rollins

JBL and teh former Tyler Black go on as Road Dogg and Hulk hit the bricks

Next up....

Masato Tanaka

Masato_Tanaka_1.jpg

vs

BA Billy Gunn

tumblr_md1l7hRXlV1qzx70zo1_500.jpg

and

IRIS/ Mike Rotunda

tumblr_lu5176XX7g1qjko1ao1_500.jpg

vs

The Texas Tornado / Kerry Von Erich

Kerry-Von-Erich-Showing-Fingure.jpg

FIRST TO 4 VOTES WINS AND VOTES NEED REASONS TO COUNT

Very odd match ups but that's what makes it enjoyable. For match 1 I'm a bit torn, I like Tanaka but I also enjoy Billy Gunn. Billy is actually my guilty pleasure wrestler so i'm gonna go with him. Plus I always found how to be very good in ring.

The second match im gonna vote for IRS. It's just a great gimmick and Mike could go. The fact he wrestled in a shirt and tie helps with my choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm gonna go for Billy Gunn i always thought he had a World title reign in him but it wasn't to be fantastic in NAO though, Tanaka i've ever seen one match of his and that was at One Night stand against mike awesome and it was great but can't pick him on one match

The other one im gonna go with IRS because his Money Inc team was awesome and always reminded me of Michael Douglas in Falling down, Tornado again ave never seen much of him

Although his singles run peaked with him "Billy Gunn-ing" his KOTR reign he was always exciting in the ring and had serious BEWP BEWPs.

IRS. Rotunda played the gimmick perfect. We had countless "wrestlers with occupations". IRS and The Undertaker were the only ones skillful enough to overcome being straddled with pretty naff gimmicks.

• Advertisement

I myslef am going with Tanaka and IRS.

TT was a great example of a trouble wrestler with bags of talent. He could have been great but alas his life was cut short due to personal demons. "Papa Wyatt" was always a solid worker and made a horrible gimmick work.

Tanaka was hard hitting and always exciting to watch. Never liked Billy Gunn much, and think the opposite of many on here when I believe he was a horrible wrestler. Just never got behind MR Ass

its 3- 1 to Billy Gunn at the moment and IRS has already advanced. Will Tanaka come back?

Damnit, wanted to vote for KVE.....Tanaka gets my vote. A very hard hitting wrestler who showcased that you could be hardcore without needing to smack people around the head all day long with bin lids.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Billy Gunn for me, one of the most underrated and underused wrestlers of the attitude era. Brilliant in the ring and one of the best on the mic. should have had world title or two.

IRS and Billy Gunn go through while Tanaka and Von Erich go out.
    Next up........

Tom Billington / The Dynamite Kid

dynamitekid_446.jpg

vs

Sgt Slaughter

Sgt.-Slaughter-Giving-Pose.jpg

and

Marty Janetty

MartyJannetty002.jpg

vs

Bill Goldberg

bill-goldberg.jpg

FIRST TO 4 VOTES WINS AND ONLY VOTES WITH REASONS SHALL COUNT FOLKS!

The Dynamite Kid is my favourite wrestler of all time and I believe the greatest of all time. Every single light heavyweight wrestler today wouldn't be pulling of their style without him. No Dynamite, no Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Chris Benoit, ROH. His influence is massive and he doesn't received enough credit for it.

Marty is a clown and I dislike Goldberg on many different levels, so Marty gets my vote simply because Shawn Michaels super kicked him through the window

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Golberg was WCWS Steve austin for so many years, Jannety was awesome in the Rockers but never did cut it fully on his own, So Goldberg for me

Slaughter i never liked in ring he always seemed so slow, dull and boring Dynamite by comparison was Dynamite it would be a squash win for him

Dynamite > Chinzilla. Man I hate Slaughter, really hate him. Always fat, always bald. Dynamite is a wrestlers wrestler. His match vs Tiger Mask in 1883 stands up to anything from today. The man was a trailblazer.

Id have to go Goldberg over Marty Jannetty. It annoys me though because at the very least, Jannetty could have been on the level of an Owen Hart or Sean Waltman

Dynamite Kid, he was a great wrestler and hugely influential.

Goldberg, he was hands down my favourite wrestler in WCW. Poor Janetty will always be the butt of jokes when tag teams break up.

• Advertisement

Dynamite heads on and Goldberg leads janetty by 2, one more vote for Bill and he's through

Advertisement