Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fashion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

I'm getting some horrible memoies of B*Witched :pac:

I don't think it's a good look for any occasion The Wild Bunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Slattsy wrote: »
    I wouldnt do denim on denim personally.

Me neither. Never thought it looked good!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Aidric wrote: »
    I don't agree that black looks ridiculous. Safe maybe but not ridiculous.

Black shoes with a navy suit is a conservative look. I think that it looks fine, especially with the darker shades of navy suits.

9990a428062628a9e4d7fe4285aecb96.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Where do we stand on the denim on denim debate?

Was gonna dust done a blue denim jacket from a few years ago I've not worn in a while

Double D never looks good, you might get away with it if your a cowboy but other than that.....
    Black denim with blue denim maybe, on second thoughts just no. Don't.
    Oddly a denim shirt with blue denim jeans is ok,

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭PeterJC!

As long as its different shades of denim. Black jeans and blue denim shirts/jackets look good with a white tee underneath.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Different shades is fine. Saw someone wearing preetty much the same colour denim last week and he looked like he was in an 90s boyband. It didn't work

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hmmm I don't have a navy suit but some of the pics here look nice actually. What yez reckon with or without pinstripes?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Do people still wear pinstripe suits?

Or just PR?

;-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The first pic has pin stripes and hey I'm an old fashioned guy;)

Ha ha.
    I mean the real dodgy overly visible pinstripe with a half inch gap between each stripe!

I'm a plain suit kinda guy anyway. Super smart.

Although my gaffer has a lovely grey one. Not quite pinstripe. Almost a random check kinda thing. Real nice and different.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Hmmm I don't have a navy suit but some of the pics here look nice actually. What yez reckon with or without pinstripes?

Non-patterned is more conservative and a bit more formal so go with that if it fits with your needs/tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Hmmmm, I need a new suit as I am going to a wedding. Nothing to fancy as it will probably be used for interviews, funerals etc

Any recommendations? Louiscopeland can be pricey but they do have nice ones for about €350 :-/

What's your budget - 350E?

If it can wait until after the 25th you'll get some decent suit sales - TM Lewin, M&S, Arnotts etc.

I normally pick up something in M&S in January - their pure wool suits which normally retail at 269-350E can be bought for anywhere from 100E if you're really lucky to 250E depending on sizes.

Remember to leave some budget for alterations!

Well the first wedding coming up is the 30th so I am not sure I want to leave it till the 27th/28/29th to get one. :-/

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

py2006 wrote: »
    Well the first wedding coming up is the 30th so I am not sure I want to leave it till the 27th/28/29th to get one. :-/
    I'd be with you on that front py2006 - better to have your ducks in a row than be left scrambling late on.

Can you clarify the budget? It would definitely help with recommendations

I'd recommend a charcoal suit if you want to be versatile (and include funerals).
    Otherwise navy.

Charcoal would be nice alright. However, one wedding, specifically states Navy.

• Advertisement

Charcoal would be nice alright. However, one wedding, specifically states Navy.

Lol, really? Interesting touch of eccentricity there from the happy couple!

I guess you could get away with navy at a funeral if you're not a pallbearer and you use a sombre tie. Probably a judgement call on the families involved and how you think it would be perceived.

Sugar Free wrote: »
    Lol, really? Interesting touch of eccentricity there from the happy couple!

I guess you could get away with navy at a funeral if you're not a pallbearer and you use a sombre tie. Probably a judgement call on the families involved and how you think it would be perceived.

I don't think the whole dress in black with black tie is the done thing these days? You see a lot of people nowadays wearing normal suits etc

Not that I've been to an huge amount of weddings but that is a bit strange to state navy!

I don't think the whole dress in black with black tie is the done thing these days? You see a lot of people nowadays wearing normal suits etc

I've only done it with direct family/relatives. With other people I'm either coming from work for the removal - in which case I just stick a tie on with whatever jacket I'm wearing that day - or I just wear a regular suit but with conservative shirt and tie.

D'Agger wrote: »
    Not that I've been to an huge amount of weddings but that is a bit strange to state navy!

I think the colour is for the best man and grooms man more so than general weddings guests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Only recently discovered how good M n S is for clobber

Only recently discovered how good M n S is for clobber

Their ties annoy me. They are too short

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Next have some nice suits at the moment for those on a budget. I like their suits in general, good value at the price-point IMO.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Next have some nice suits at the moment for those on a budget. I like their suits in general, good value at the price-point IMO.
    I've also mentioned on this forum before, if not this thread, that Burton do some very nice suits and work wear for those on a budget.

Purchased a suit there recently and I'm very happy with its quality

• Advertisement

Hmmmm, I need a new suit as I am going to a wedding. Nothing to fancy as it will probably be used for interviews, funerals etc

Any recommendations? Louiscopeland can be pricey but they do have nice ones for about €350 :-/

Just giving a quick bump - M&S have a 20% sale on until the 15th. Apparently it includes all items. See here for the code:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057218798

Advertisement