Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fashion thread

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Good places online to buy quality shoes/boots below. I have used all of them at some stage. They have a great selection that your unlikely to find in Ireland.

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/
    http://www.pediwear.co.uk/
    http://www.thebroguetrader.com/

• Site Banned Posts: 66 ✭✭bloominballix

Keep an eye on Debenhams for shoe sales, if you're patient bargains can be had. I bought a pair of Loake Bryants in brown for approx €130, RRP €215. They're the lower end of Loake shoes but they are still absolutely spectacular, and gorgeous in brown though I think they're only available in black now.

images.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I'm looking to get a suit tailored. I have worn it twice since I bought it but I'm not happy with the fit at all. I brought it to an alterations place a few months ago but all they did was take the waist in.

The jacket needs to be taken in as well as the legs of the pants.

I've seen Jude Hughes mentioned on here and elsewhere. Is he still open? Any good?

I don't mind paying for it, as I'm hoping to have a few interviews over the next few months, so I'd prefer to go for the best tailor rather than the cheapest.

Saying that, the suit is only worth around €300 and I'm not completely minted. I'm not paying the same price to get it altered :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I am the same. I have a suit that is very nice material but it was poorly made (bad choice of a tailor). I reckon the cost of getting it done properly will be the same as the cost of getting a new suit though so unfortunately it is going to be wasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭BlibBlab

Mightn't be the right thread, but what is the best underwear for hot weather? I'll be travelling to a hot, humid country soon, would tight or loose boxers be more comfortable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

BlibBlab wrote: »
    Mightn't be the right thread, but what is the best underwear for hot weather? I'll be travelling to a hot, humid country soon, would tight or loose boxers be more comfortable?

I find Under Armour Boxerjock underwear very comfortable in hot weather. In particular the longer leg version, no sweaty thigh chafing.

Speaking of longer leg boxer would anyone have any recomendations for similar style boxers? Those under armour boxers can be quite pricey and it's nice to have variety too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I'm looking to get a suit tailored. I have worn it twice since I bought it but I'm not happy with the fit at all. I brought it to an alterations place a few months ago but all they did was take the waist in.

The jacket needs to be taken in as well as the legs of the pants.

I've seen Jude Hughes mentioned on here and elsewhere. Is he still open? Any good?

I don't mind paying for it, as I'm hoping to have a few interviews over the next few months, so I'd prefer to go for the best tailor rather than the cheapest.

Saying that, the suit is only worth around €300 and I'm not completely minted. I'm not paying the same price to get it altered :p
    I was pretty happy with Danny Geoghan on Wicklow street, I'd heard him recommended around these parts before. He recovered a botch job on suit trousers from a franchise alterations place for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

any one recommend a pair of casual brown shoes? Some similar to these

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

BlibBlab wrote: »

I generally wear shorts without underwear in very hot weather and I find it is much cooler. I wear longish shorts with a wide leg which allow the air to circulate, obviously you can only wear them for casual dressing

Advertisement