Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Stream/ Sraith Gaeilge ***Moderator Advisory in 1st Post. Please Read!***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

Nope, I haven't been sent any of the familarisation information for the interview either. I think for the English stream that they were told that their interviews would done in the first half of May. I think they just translated that email and sent an Irish version of it to us. So, I think that's why they said first half of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tintreach

I'd say your right about that alright. Looks like it's back to waiting:(

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

Did you guys get anything yet ?

Nope, no word yet from PAS on our interview dates! I'm beginning to think that PAS are thinking of the October take for the Irish Stream. I can't realistically see there being enough time at this stage to get interviews, background check, medical and the PCT all done for the last week of July. But I could be wrong. Will just have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

They are really pushing it, aren't they. Yea looking at that time frame there would be a mad rush to get yee through medical and fitness.

Oh I dunno. Hopefully yous hear soon :)

• Advertisement

I've got my date for my interview now. Our interviews are starting straight after the English interview, so not a huge amount of time to prepare!

Well I just got my date. Has anyone else? There's a few issues with the information given though.

Yeah, I know, not sure now when the form has to be returned. I rang PAS and they didn't seem to be aware of the error. They said they'll look into it and get back with an answer. I hope now they give us an answer before the weekend!

Ya and there's nothing in the application form about references either? I'm sure that the English stream needed to give references for the interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Zadie10

Tintreach wrote: »
    Ya and there's nothing in the application form about references either? I'm sure that the English stream needed to give references for the interview.

We had to give the references on a separate form - Form B. They sent that out about a week after the interview form so you should get it soon enough!

• Advertisement

Zadie10 wrote: »
    We had to give the references on a separate form - Form B. They sent that out about a week after the interview form so you should get it soon enough!

Well that's one less worry. Thanks Zadie10!!

Actually, has anyone a clue what's coming up on this scrúdú scríofa? Seems it'll be around 30 minutes anyway. I hope it's not all bloody grammer questions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Zadie10

Well that's one less worry. Thanks Zadie10!!

No probs :) best of luck with it!!

I haven't a clue what's going to be involved, but I think it will be something similar to the report writing. It might in fact be the exact same as the report writing that we did for Stage 3 except through Irish. I don't think it's going to be too technical. I think PAS will just want to make sure that we have acceptable standards of written Irish.

Out of interest, does anyone know what happens if you pass the interview, i.e score above the minimum mark for each competecy, but your Irish isn't good enough. I presume they may have an added 7th competency for us that we need to demonstrate which would be Irish ability and we need to pass it in order to get through?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BluesAndThrees

Out of interest, does anyone know what happens if you pass the interview, i.e score above the minimum mark for each competecy, but your Irish isn't good enough. I presume they may have an added 7th competency for us that we need to demonstrate which would be Irish ability and we need to pass it in order to get through?

Correct me if I'm wrong on this but I think I read somewhere that if the level of Irish isn't to a desired standard that they would make people sit a language test afterwards? As far as I'm aware all Irish language applicants have to sit a language test on the day of their interview anyway?

Anyone have any idea as to what sort of stuff they might be looking for in the language exam?

Correct me if I'm wrong on this but I think I read somewhere that if the level of Irish isn't to a desired standard that they would make people sit a language test afterwards? As far as I'm aware all Irish language applicants have to sit a language test on the day of their interview anyway?

Anyone have any idea as to what sort of stuff they might be looking for in the language exam?

Irish stream have to do both the interview in Irish and also a written exam on the same day as your interview. I've no clue what's on the exam, just that it's around 30 minutes long and is meant to judge your Irish written ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jones10

Hi all, Did anyone receive any further information on what sort of language assessment would be set out by the Public Appointments Service if you did not get the required grade in your leaving cert for your second language? In my case Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

jones10 wrote: »
    Hi all, Did anyone receive any further information on what sort of language assessment would be set out by the Public Appointments Service if you did not get the required grade in your leaving cert for your second language? In my case Irish.

'To be honest we have not finalised the layout of the testing in Irish so if you come back to us again we may be able to give you an idea of the process.'

• Registered Users Posts: 10 How banal...

Bhuel, cad a ceapann sibh tar éis an agallamh? An bhfuil sibh sasta? An bhfuil Sraith Gaeilge críochnaithe anois?
    Taim ag eirí craiceáilte ag fanacht le mo thorhaí!

Welllllll, what did you think after the interview? Are ye happy? Is the Irish Stream finished now?

I'm going crazy waiting for these results!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Bhuel, cad a ceapann sibh tar éis an agallamh? An bhfuil sibh sasta? An bhfuil Sraith Gaeilge críochnaithe anois?
    Taim ag eirí craiceáilte ag fanacht le mo thorhaí!

Please read the Mod note in the 1st post of this thread, thanks :)

-KERSPLAT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Are the Irish crowd finished interviews yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Maryfrancis

Anyone hear from irish interviews yet?

Nope, nothing yet. By all accounts interviews were going on up til last Friday, so I'd say they're taking this week to finalise the order of merit, or else to finalise who has passed or failed. I think we'll probably get our result some time this week maybe even Friday, but I hope they don't wait til next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jimjoebob09

Wait is a killer, anyone have any idea when results are out for the irish stream?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Maryfrancis

Bad news for me !
    Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mickaleen

Sorry to hear that Maryfrancis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

How come Maryfrancis is the only one to get her results?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

D Trent wrote: »
    How come Maryfrancis is the only one to get her results?

Aye, seems odd.

• Advertisement

Have ye not gotten yere results yet? I got mine on Tuesday. Although I was on for interview the first day for Irish stream so maybe that's why. It was good news for me thankfully:)

Advertisement