Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Stream/ Sraith Gaeilge ***Moderator Advisory in 1st Post. Please Read!***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Neddieog

Bhuel, sin é. Ádh mór ar achan duine sa tSraith Ghaeilge! :)

Well, thats it. Good luck to everyone in the Irish Stream! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Padraigog

B'fhéidir go mbeidh muid ag obair lena chéile sa Ghaeltacht lá inteacht lads!

We might be working with one and other in the Gaeltacht someday lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

Padraigog wrote: »
    B'fhéidir go mbeidh muid ag obair lena chéile sa Ghaeltacht lá inteacht lads!

We might be working with one and other in the Gaeltacht someday lads!
    Ní dóigh liom go mbeidh, faraoir! Ní bheidh ach 6% des the suímh ar an gcúrsa traenála ar fáil do chainteóirí Gaoluinne. Sin ocht bpost déag.

I don't think we will, unfortunately! Only 6% of places on the training course will be available to Irish speakers. That is 18 jobs.

Archer3083 wrote: »
    Ní dóigh liom go mbeidh, faraoir! Ní bheidh ach 6% des the suímh ar an gcúrsa traenála ar fáil do chainteóirí Gaoluinne. Sin ocht bpost déag.

Ach braitheann sé dar ndóigh ar an méid Gaeil a chur isteach fá na choinne sa chéad áit.. Déarfainn go bhfuil go leor a rinne dearmad an tSraith Ghaeilge a roghnú nuair a bhí siad ag lionadh isteach a n-iarratas.

And of course it depends on how many Irish Speakers who applied for the Irish Stream in the first place. I'd say there's plenty that forgot to tick it during their application and regret it now!

Ach braitheann sé dar ndóigh ar an méid Gaeil a chur isteach fá na choinne sa chéad áit.. Déarfainn go bhfuil go leor a rinne dearmad an tSraith Ghaeilge a roghnú nuair a bhí siad ag lionadh isteach a n-iarratas.

And of course it depends on how many Irish Speakers who applied for the Irish Stream in the first place. I'd say there's plenty that forgot to tick it during their application and regret it now!
    Measaim go bhfuil brón agus diomá ar an-chuid daoine anois nár roghnaíodar an tSraith Gaeilge in ionad an tSraith Béarla.

I'd say alot of people are sorry and disappointed that they didn't pick the Irish stream instead of the English stream now

• Advertisement

Cé as tusa Archer? Is as Connemara mé féin!

Where are you from Archer? I'm a Connemara man myself!

Cé as tusa Archer? Is as Connemara mé féin!

Where are you from Archer? I'm a Connemara man myself!

Is ó Mhúsgraí mé in Iarthar Chorcaí, sin an fáth nár mhaith liom dul go Baile Átha Cliath dosna scrúdaithe inniúlachta fé mhaoirseacht sa chéad bhabhta eile, sé sin le rá má eiríonn liom an babhta so.

I'm from Muskerry in West Cork, that's the reason I wouldn't like going to Dublin for the supervised aptitude tests, that's if I'm successful with this round of tests in Stage 2.

Is dócha go mbeidh sé cúpla seachtain sula bhfaighfidh muid ár gcuid torthaí lads! It will prob be a few weeks before we get our results lads!

I wonder will we get our results around the same time as the English stream?

Have any of ye got results yet? I got mine today. I got ranked 690, so not progressing. You needed to get into the top 600 to move onto Stage 3. I selected the Irish stream as well, and was in Band 1 all along. Just wondering if the Irish speakers in Band 2 and Band 3 are getting their results of Stage 2 assessments today

• Advertisement

Have any of ye got results yet? I got mine today. I got ranked 690, so not progressing. You needed to get into the top 600 to move onto Stage 3. I selected the Irish stream as well, and was in Band 1 all along. Just wondering if the Irish speakers in Band 2 and Band 3 are getting their results of Stage 2 assessments today

No word yet Archer. There was a week between the two streams so we might have to wait till next week but who knows, could even be this week. Sorry you didn't get through a chara.

Neddieog wrote: »
    No word yet Archer. There was a week between the two streams so we might have to wait till next week but who knows, could even be this week. Sorry you didn't get through a chara.
    Thanks Neddieog. I didn't get through on the English side of things, but I'm still in with the same chance as the rest of the Irish speakers, I hope anyway, maybe wishful thinking :)

Thanks Neddieog. I didn't get through on the English side of things, but I'm still in with the same chance as the rest of the Irish speakers, I hope anyway, maybe wishful thinking :)

Well it would only make sense if you selected the Irish Stream and you being a native speaker. Plus, if you get another pop at at the aptitude test and staying in the competition, happy days!

Well it would only make sense if you selected the Irish Stream and you being a native speaker. Plus, if you get another pop at at the aptitude test and staying in the competition, happy days!
    I don't think I'd have to do the aptitude tests again. I didn't fail the tests. I got an 80% average across both tests. I just didn't get a high enough score to be in the top 600 out of the 5000 people in Band 1. Although, 1900 did fail so there are gone out of the competition for good. 600 are going through automatically to Stage 3, and then you still have people between 600-3100 that are kind of stuck in limbo just like Band 2 and Band 3

I don't think I'd have to do the aptitude tests again. I didn't fail the tests. I got an 80% average across both tests. I just didn't get a high enough score to be in the top 600 out of the 5000 people in Band 1. Although, 1900 did fail so there are gone out of the competition for good. 600 are going through automatically to Stage 3, and then you still have people between 600-3100 that are kind of stuck in limbo just like Band 2 and Band 3

Jeez you done well for yourself. But the standard is just so high this year its unreal, so you're definitely still in the running for the Sraith Ghaeilge? Did you send back the email that time self assessing your Gaeilge? (féin mheasúnacht)

Jeez you done well for yourself. But the standard is just so high this year its unreal, so you're definitely still in the running for the Sraith Ghaeilge? Did you send back the email that time self assessing your Gaeilge? (féin mheasúnacht)
    Yeah, I sure did. The only difference between me and the rest of the Sraith Ghaeilge is that I was in Band 1 so I did the Stage 2 tests a week earlier. Well it gives you an idea of the levels that you need to hit to get into the top 600. I'd say maybe an 82/83% average could have got me there. But I'm grateful I didn't do worse. It can go better, it can go much worse. So, I'm happy overall. In the English I'm in the next 100 to be called, hopefully in the Irish I will get called. I'm going to stay positive, but be realistic at the same time. There are some very good people left in this process. Btw, there's no flies on you either I'd say lol

Yeah, I sure did. The only difference between me and the rest of the Sraith Ghaeilge is that I was in Band 1 so I did the Stage 2 tests a week earlier. Well it gives you an idea of the levels that you need to hit to get into the top 600. I'd say maybe an 82/83% average could have got me there. But I'm grateful I didn't do worse. It can go better, it can go much worse. So, I'm happy overall. In the English I'm in the next 100 to be called, hopefully in the Irish I will get called. I'm going to stay positive, but be realistic at the same time. There are some very good people left in this process. Btw, there's no flies on you either I'd say lol

Well, I hope you get word soon, Archer!

Well, I hope you get word soon, Archer!
    Hope so, I'd say ye should get word soon enough too. It would be strange otherwise

Déarfainn go mbeidh scéal againn an tseachtain seo lads!

I'd say we'll get word this week lads!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 144 ✭✭blazermel

Anyone get word yet?

• Advertisement

I guess you were wrong Neiddeog. No word by anyone this week. They'll be doing supervised tests again next week. They're doing 60 a day, so I doubt we'll hear anything til they're finished with them. Maybe they have enough Irish speakers in the 600 that went forward after the Stage 2 tests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I guess you were wrong Neiddeog. No word by anyone this week. They'll be doing supervised tests again next week. They're doing 60 a day, so I doubt we'll hear anything til they're finished with them. Maybe they have enough Irish speakers in the 600 that went forward after the Stage 2 tests.

Where do you stand Archer, at the moment?

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Where do you stand Archer, at the moment?
    I've heard nothing since I got my Stage 2 results. I chose the Irish stream, but I did my Stage 2 tests with everyone else cos I got into Band 1, but just like the Irish speakers who took their test a week after us, I've heard nothing. I'm in the 690s after Stage 2, so if they need another hundred from Band 1 then I have a chance, but I doubt that will happen this year. I'd say 2014 is gone for me, unless I get through on the Irish stream. Maybe they've got enough Irish speakers in the 600.

What about you? I think you're similar to me except for the Irish.

Well I was only speculating the above since we did our tests a week later than the English stream and thought our results would come a week later also. Who knows!

Well I was only speculating the above since we did our tests a week later than the English stream and thought our results would come a week later also. Who knows!
    Well, maybe no news is good news. It would be worse if we got an email this week saying we don't want you anymore. This process is certainly very strange. There's always next week or the week after.

Well, maybe no news is good news. It would be worse if we got an email this week saying we don't want you anymore. This process is certainly very strange. There's always next week or the week after.

That's certainly true! If in the event that we did get through to Stage 3, I wonder how different our tests would be to the English Stream, if at all? I mean, will we have to undertake the supervised aptitude tests, the job simulation, the report writing, AND an Irish proficiency exam? or will the latter replace one of the initial three since we're in the Sraith Ghaeilge?

I think the only thing that would be different is an Irish oral and written exam. I'd say it won't be too different to college or even Leaving Cert Irish orals, but the written element will obviously be different. I can't see the aptitude tests or the job simulation being in Irish. Although you'd image the report writing will be in Irish. This report writing might also serve to test our written Irish. I suppose it's anyone's guess as to what happens. Lord knows my guesswork hasn't been great so far.

Also read posts in this forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057168778&page=12

It seems some people at the supervised tests didn't seem to be familiar with the aptitude tests, so possible cheaters, and also, there were some empty seats. So, it's possible that they might be calling on other people outside the first 600 this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Manann

Hi all,

I spoke with the Public Jobs head office last Tuesday and was informed that the 'Irish Stream' would be dealt with completely separately to the current stage 3. They told me we would hear about the next stage for the Irish Stream 'in the coming days'.. so I had expected to hear from them by last Friday. Doesn't seem like anyone else has heard from them so I'd say it will definitely be this week. No harm in giving them a call for an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Manann

Results are out, check your publicjobs profiles!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BluesAndThrees

Just as I thought that all hope was gone, I got an e-mail today confirming Stage 3 status for the Sraith Ghaeilge. I'm nervously happy because I was so let down not to get into the elusive 600 a couple of weeks back. This is as good a chance as any, I hope

Advertisement