Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Stream/ Sraith Gaeilge ***Moderator Advisory in 1st Post. Please Read!***

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jimjoebob09

I got my results on Tuesday too, luckily I got through. Got date for my medical today then

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Maryfrancis

Just got e-mail to say unsuccessful . Thought I would have got actual results of the interview plus the written test. Do you only get them if you pass ?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

Just got e-mail to say unsuccessful . Thought I would have got actual results of the interview plus the written test. Do you only get them if you pass ?
    Hi Maryfrancis, it doesn't matter whether you pass or fail you can still ask them for feedback. So, you should ring PAS and ask them for feedback on your interview and see where you went wrong. This should be the first thing that you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Maryfrancis

Just wondering if anyone looked for or indeed got feedback from interview. I have rang 3 times and was told would get a call/ email and nothing to date!
    Also asked would I get another chance of interview if say my irish was the problem ,no answer to that either.(was high enough in stage 1)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jones10

Hi Guys,

I am not in the Irish stream but as I did not get the required grade in Irish in my Leaving cert I now have to sit a written and oral Irish assessment set by the Public Appointments Service.
    I was just wondering did you guys have to sit a language assessment after your interview?
    If so any information on it would be greatly appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭BluesAndThrees

jones10 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I am not in the Irish stream but as I did not get the required grade in Irish in my Leaving cert I now have to sit a written and oral Irish assessment set by the Public Appointments Service.
    I was just wondering did you guys have to sit a language assessment after your interview?
    If so any information on it would be greatly appreciated

Unfortunately we were made sign agreements not to disclose anything about it. I'd say yours will be a little different anyway. I'd imagine it won't be far off Leaving Cert level. It'll be a general chit chat and maybe a small essay-style questions. Translation probably likely too I'd say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I would absolutely love some information about the public service assessment of Irish. Frankly it's quite mad that people are expected to go completely blind. Currently I'm just ag cleachtadh mo cúpla focail day to day in preparation for the oral, but it would be really helpful to know what they're actually going to be assessing me on. There's a complete blackout. How is it helpful to them for candidates to be nervous and unprepared if they're really interested in procuring dedicated candidates with skill in the language. For any assessment I study diligently and for this one I just have no idea what to practice beyond general guesswork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭St. Westy

s1ippy wrote: »
    I would absolutely love some information about the public service assessment of Irish. Frankly it's quite mad that people are expected to go completely blind. Currently I'm just ag cleachtadh mo cúpla focail day to day in preparation for the oral, but it would be really helpful to know what they're actually going to be assessing me on. There's a complete blackout. How is it helpful to them for candidates to be nervous and unprepared if they're really interested in procuring dedicated candidates with skill in the language. For any assessment I study diligently and for this one I just have no idea what to practice beyond general guesswork.

what situation are you in? did you fail irish for the leaving cert? are you waiting on a new recruitment drive? you do know you only need a 'D' in pass irish to get through!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

No it's actually a different area of the public service, I didn't realise this was the Garda one and went on a tangent... Apologies!

I'm doing an oral assessment to see if I can cater to the Irish section of the dept I'm in. I'm actually enjoying the study for it, even though it's very hard and nerve-wracking because there's no guidance whatsoever for what they'll ask. I'm not fluent but I have a very good command of the language, I'm just very rusty as I haven't used it as part of my job for over six years!

Advertisement