Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Non-WWE Theme Song Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Goldberg. I wouldn't call his theme boring at all, as another poster has. It's moreso no-nonsense. Has that big time feel about it and has a clear military influence too. Bilbo gets my vote.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Goldberg him or booker should win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Was to be Goldberg. The theme and entrance was so eminent.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Goldberg, suited him down to the ground.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Goldberg, it was the defining theme of WCW for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

And Goldberg is in, which means the final two of this round are:

Booker T (WCW)

Vs

Sabu (ECW)

Two great themes, there is no denying it, but Sabu just edges it for me. Booker has a great theme, but Sabu has an iconic theme, and there is the difference between the two. You can imagine Booker coming out to something different in the past, and he has...but Sabu could never come out to a different song, it IS Sabu. The mix of the eastern sound of his heritage mixed with the heavy guitar of his extreme style was flawless.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Saaaaabbbbbuuuuuu for me
    Perfect theme for the hardcore sheik. Blends the origins and ways of sabu nicely in a theme

Booker the best of wcw.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Really like the Booker T theme so will go with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Booker, suited him well on his rise to being a major star in wcw

Wow it's a toss up and a half here, ultimate clash of styles. I had Sabu as a dead cert but on listening again I think Book's is more a sports theme and slicker. Sabu's is eerie and suits him so much. But I'm gonna go with Mr T

My toughest decision yet by far. It's hard to look past Booker. Sabu's theme was spot on perfectly grungy for ECW but has that Arabian overtones.

Booke'rs theme is "career long" iconic. When I think of Booker I instantly think of his theme.

Booker.

And with that folks, here are your quarter finalist!

Booker T (WCW)

Bryan Danielson (ROH - The Final Countdown)

CM Punk (ROH - Cult of Personality)

ECW Theme

Four Horsemen

Goldberg

Kazuchika Okada

Sandman (ECW)

Our first quarter final match up is here, this time it's the first to 6. This theme has already defeated one favourite in Hulk Hogan, will it take down another WCW classic?

B]Goldberg

Vs

The Sandman (ECW)

Easily goldberg one of my all time favs.

Heavyweight Clash. It's a real hairsplitting exercise at this point. I love Sandman's to be honest but if we're solely judging themes as opposed to entrances, big Billy G takes it for me. It's dominant, it's intimidating, it's no nonsense, it's simple. It's Goldberg defined.

Goldberg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Sandman! That entrance was the embodiment of everything that was great about ECW.. actually quite apt that its Sandman vs Goldberg in this round since Goldberg probably had the best entrance in WCW as well, but Sandman wins hands down in my opinion

Goldberg here! suited him well, knew he was gonna dominate and could make anyone a star

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Goldberg. A perfect theme song for him and matched his entrance so well.

• Advertisement

Goldberg=Epic entrance

Sandman= Glorified Metallica sing song.

Goldberg wants to know who's next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Sandman! The perfect entrance to rile up a crowd!

Sandman! The perfect entrance to rile up a crowd!

You say that when its up against goldbergs theme. :D

Given this a lot of thought, they both work because they sum up the character nicely while also creating unreal entrances as well as themes. As Walt said, they are the best entrances if both ECW and WCW. My vote however goes with Goldberg for one reason; it's an original song. The songs in the semi finals should be themes so strong that all I think about is the wrestler and nothing else, which Goldberg does. So he gets my vote and take the round

Up next, the indie classic goes up against what has proven to be the real dark horse of the whole thing

Bryan Danielson (ROH - The Final Countdown)

Vs.

Kazuchika Okada

Okada for me, never knew of it before but its a great tune. Dont like bryans at all

Like I said in the last match, the themes that make it into the semi finals should only make me think of the wrestler they represent and nothing else. Danielson, as much as I love his use of Final Countdown, falls here. Plus to be honest, I think I enjoy it for the entrance more than the theme...Okada however has easily the best theme music of the past few years. Again before you vote give it a listen and you'll see why this theme has made it so far in this tournament and belongs in the semi finals

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Okada for me also.

Haha class im going for bryan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Final Countdown for me, cheesy song that before DB used it, always reminded me of that sports show that used to be on Network 2 on a Saturday morning in the early 90's, But now when i hear it i immediately think of Dragon..

Advertisement