Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

swoody wrote: »
    i think teams with a starting value of 91 (when all their best players are picked) should have to sell any left over 90's at cost price........ :D

I agree....Real Madrid are on board folks;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    It is relative and in this situation, it was a silly offer as I'm sure Tupac would tell you himself.

In this case he is correct, it was a bare minimum offer and was hoping the obvious bad humour Kersplat was in might see the accept button hit in anger!

No harm done, all sorted via chat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

macs been spotted out in cork

hipster.jpg#

:pac::D:eek:

I don't drink corona

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Tommy Cahir earned a draw with AS Roma against fierce rivals AC Milan.
    The match ended 3 - 3 between AS Roma and AC Milan in a thrilling Division 1 encounter.
    Caicedo and Müller were amongst the goalscorers.

Pretty happy with that considering I had only 3 (inc goalkeeper) of my normal starting 11 in any fit state.

This fitness thing is really bugging me, I had set-up the team using the tactics screen with all fitness levels of approx 92-95% but when I checked at 6 yesterday evening almost all the team had dropped in the tactics screen to 85-89% fitness so had to swap out most of the team, I am not seeing thsi type of thing happening in any other gameworld...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Also had a bit of a mental weekend and only getting to the Diamanti bids now and there was only 2 bids in for him (31 yr old, 88 AM(RLC),F(RL))
    Liege was assigned #1 and Gala was #2 in order of the bids received, I ran the random number generator this morning and Liege got the luck of the 50/50 draw!

330202.png

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I don't drink corona

Ah, the good oul 'I was just holding it for a mate' excuse eh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

It is with great regret and a heavy heart that I have decided to step down as manager of my beloved Celtic. I am finding I am spending hours randomly trawling through pages of players hoping to find that wonderkid nobody else has seen. Unfortunately due to the competitive nature of this world this is almost impossible. So them hours have become aimless and wasted. Even when new players are added you're looking at spending max amounts to even be in the ballpark of buying but with a chairman like mine it's hard to be in the same league of bids.

I also feel the buying from unmanaged clubs has a bearing on my decision, as this used to be a good way of getting your hands on a decent player or two. Closing off this option has made buying anything worth having extremely difficult particularly for smaller clubs. The idea of the rule was to protect teams and encourage managers to take teams, but with 9 unmanaged teams in div 4 I don't think it's really serving it's purpose.

All that said, I think there is the makings of a decent squad at Celtic and there are certainly some good prospects there. I have enjoyed playing, and most managers I've dealt with on transfers have been sound. But special mention to Tupac who threw me a few bones with tips about players he scouted and didn't need himself!

Mac you're running a good game world here and I know I'm not helping matters by walking away. I may come back with my tail between my legs but for now it's farewell and good luck to you all.

Celtic manager gone???

Edit: just seen above, sad to see a long timer go......

I completely agree about the 'unmanaged' part also and more will go because of it.....

Anyhow, hope you change your mind and come back mate, why not take a bigger team??? It's a shame because your Celtic team was coming along so well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Celtic manager gone???

nah he's just gone to buy a christmas tree.

JRS should of just posted the hobbit: the last battle of the five armies vid

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Bye Jimmy I was hoping to see you get promoted, your a great manager and poster :(

I've said it before about the unmanged buying but won't bother saying it again but I agree with your points. Best of luck.

Well lads looks like we'll be revisiting the buying from unmanaged at the end of the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'll have a nice kitty built up by then... But I'd give it all away if only for a win in my next match :o

Was Jimmy at Celtic from day 1??

I'll have a nice kitty built up by then... But I'd give it all away if only for a win in my next match :o

Well that should come in handy for your promotion bid!!!

Don't think so. I recall a move from Celtic to Rangers or Rangers to Celtic. Not sure if it was Jimmy but either way there was a change in manager at some stage afaik. Jes been there a while though, he will be missed.

Don't think so. I recall a move from Celtic to Rangers or Rangers to Celtic. Not sure if it was Jimmy but either way there was a change in manager at some stage afaik. Jes been there a while though, he will be missed.

He was the galaxy manager if my memory is correct before jumping ship to celtic. GT's "uncle" was at celtic at the start.

He was the galaxy manager if my memory is correct before jumping ship to celtic. GT's "uncle" was at celtic at the start.

Lots of uncles, brothers and friends around these parts :D

Lots of uncles, brothers and friends around these parts :D

all relatives of tupac no doubt...... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

If buying from unmanaged teams is going to be allowed it won't be the small teams that benefit

• Advertisement

If buying from unmanaged teams is going to be allowed it won't be the small teams that benefit

bayern and barca are......

banned-permabanned-o.gif

You're right there.

Don't start this again please

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Brother in law...

same difference..... :P

Wink-GIF.gif

Meh... Good a time as any to have this again!!!!

Why's that???

Meh... Good a time as any to have this again!!!!

Why's that???

You're not gonna ruin my Christmas!! I'm out!

:D

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    There is a lot of clubs sitting on a lot of money ...

I think if we had a 'sensible discussion' now on the merits of buying from unmanaged then depending on the outcome of the discussion ...
    • People have an entire season to shift players in order to get cash to buy from the unmanaged (which might stimulate the market in it self)
    • Players at unmanaged are not likely to go at cost price as there will be lots of competition for these players
    • People might be more willing to sell players once they got players to cover from unmanaged
    • We might stop loosing managers, (i believe) a few leaver now have listed not being able to buy from unmanaged as one of the factors for them leaving and still people seem to resit the idea.

Lets just say that for example Malaga were unmanaged ... Isco would be up for grabs ... I for one can guarantee that if Porto (after selling to make up the last 2m i would need :p) were to come out as a winner in the bidding war that I would be moving on ATLEAST an 89 on the same position to someone (an because other than cambiasso) i dont have many aul fella's, you can be guaranteed the fella I'd let go would be young enough too... ( This scenario was not chosen to put the idea of an Isco sale back in Wilberto's Mind .... Honest ;))

your 89's are all sh!t tho! :o

For the life of me I can't understand why the D4 and D3 (even D2) clubs would not want AT LEAST THE OPPORTUNITY to nab one of these players, it makes no sense????

D4 is 2/3rds empty and D3 is 1/4th, thats about 20 empty teams, i think.

D2 are just lazy.

D4 is 2/3rds empty and D3 is 1/4th, thats about 20 empty teams, i think.

D2 are just lazy.

just logged in there, there's actually 10 free in D4, 4 in D3 and 1 in D2.

not so bad....

anyway where's GT's new thread and poll? :rolleyes: i'd vote to allow people to buy from unmanaged now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

just logged in there, there's actually 10 free in D4, 4 in D3 and 1 in D2.

not so bad....

anyway where's GT's new thread and poll? :rolleyes: i'd vote to allow people to buy from unmanaged now. :)
    Just got home and find that eircom fixed my bb!! If a poll hasnt been set up by the time i get to sit down later.... I'll be all over it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement