Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Sure my players were all in the high 90's yesterday and now they are all in the 80's...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    The problem is why has it suddenly changed now and why are players OK in other GWs but are fecked in this one. I haven't changed any tactics that I can think of and I've been using subs the same as always

Its not really a big deal, I just want to know what the change was!! :p

pretty sure its a common thing at the start of every season in every league. things will settle down soon (when the cup matches arrive) so i wouldn't get your knickers in a twist over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Just reread this. So even your players that played 90mins on Thursday are 100%? That's the problem for me, none of mine are, they're down at 88% give or take. :/

I usually rotate which subs come off though, it's rarely the same players finish the 90 week in week out, the other thing to consider is age and tactics, I've 2 26 year olds that are my oldest players so younger players tend to recover faster (as per real life) and as pointed out, it depends on tactics too, if you have your lads pressing the ball a lot it will drain them...

Very rarely do I have players under 90% and anyone under that i wouldn't play.... The way I look at it is take the hit for 1 game for the sake of the next 3-4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Sure my players were all in the high 90's yesterday and now they are all in the 80's...

So there is a problem..

@Tupac, that's grand but again, I've the same set up in most leagues. I use subs the way I always have, why the change now?

As for the age thing, I didn't think that had any impact. I mean, friendlies in real life affect a player but they don't in this. Some things transfer, others don't. The fact that Reus is probably my most affected player I wouldn't have thought his age would matter, he's one of my younger starting players.

swoody wrote: »
    pretty sure its a common thing at the start of every season in every league. things will settle down soon (when the cup matches arrive) so i wouldn't get your knickers in a twist over it.

But its not common and that's the issue

As for my knickers, I'll twist them what ever way I want!!

• Advertisement

maybe reus doesn't like bavarian cuisine compared to westphalia?

Fecker cost me enough, he'll learn to like it!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

TheGunns wrote: »
    I'm gonna assume it's because you have your pressing set to 'all over' rather than 'own half'. Just a guess but it would make sense
    TheGunns wrote: »
    Further looking would show Tupac has low pressing (which explain how he has 100%) and your team in the Copa del boards has 'own half' so my guess is they may have changed something recently to make pressing make more of a difference. I never normally take notice of the update messages but I may have to start!
    Have been using 'all over' for all this season and the end of last season but it only changed in the last week or so. It may have been a change in an update, I don't read them myself :o like I said, if its supposed to be like that then fair enough, I just have to change it up a bit.

It's probably for the best, I haven't been up to much lately!! :D

The pressing argument doesn't quite hold up in my team though, as the fatigue issue is still affecting my team even though I've set pressing to "Own Half".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

My lads were on the batter after beating villa 5-0 so ive no complaints about their fitness, i knew it would affect it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I know I paid way over the odds, but I've 200m+ in the bank, and nothing to do with it. (I know, i know, sorry)
    Delighted to get this fella.. 2m.
    Free Agent Leo SUÁREZ has completed his move to Barcelona

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Al Capwned wrote: »
    I know I paid way over the odds, but I've 200m+ in the bank, and nothing to do with it. (I know, i know, sorry)
    Delighted to get this fella.. 2m.

200m? I've 10m

eh i dunno wrote: »
    200m? I've 10m

I was that soldier for a long time too pal, but i'll give you 12m for Nathan Redmond??

:)

Al Capwned wrote: »
    I was that soldier for a long time too pal, but i'll give you 12m for Nathan Redmond??

:)

Why would you only want to buy his left leg :confused:

OK, OK, his right leg is worth 2m though......
    14, final offer.....

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Why would you only want to buy his left leg :confused:

Vidic's Head
    Fellani's chest
    Ronaldo's right leg
    messi's left leg
    neuer's hands

Frankeinfootballer:D

Vidic's Head
    Fellani's chest
    Ronaldo's right leg
    messi's left leg
    neuer's hands

You forgot the middle bit

Giggsy's or terry's tackle

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Iv'e got this image of him walking around in circles cause one leg is way shorter than the other:D

I usually rotate which subs come off though, it's rarely the same players finish the 90 week in week out, the other thing to consider is age and tactics, I've 2 26 year olds that are my oldest players so younger players tend to recover faster (as per real life) and as pointed out, it depends on tactics too, if you have your lads pressing the ball a lot it will drain them...

Very rarely do I have players under 90% and anyone under that i wouldn't play.... The way I look at it is take the hit for 1 game for the sake of the next 3-4

And....

Just checked my team (who were mostly 100%) now show a few 90%s and 1 87%

Ah well!

Vidic's Head
    Fellani's chest
    Ronaldo's right leg
    messi's left leg
    neuer's hands

Fellaini's elbow more like (chill! I'm a Utd fan, but he does over use it)

Vidic's Head
    Fellani's chest
    Ronaldo's right leg
    messi's left leg
    neuer's hands

Fellaini's elbow more like (chill! I'm a Utd fan, but he does over use it)

HEOJs.gif

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

José Mourinho steered FC Schalke 04 to victory against Ajax.
    FC Schalke 04 beat Ajax 2 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Immobile scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Neustädter was also on the scoresheet for his side.

3-1 defeat to Arsenal...

5-0 win in the last game appears to have been a fluke

SS Lazio beat ACF Fiorentina 5 - 2 in a thrilling Division 2 encounter.
    Nainggolan had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Dos Santos, Herrera and çolak were amongst the goalscorers.

5 goals...... Nether Neymar or Balotelli on the sheet and Balotelli with a 4 on his debut!!

Either way, I won't complain!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Dave Shadow steered Tottenham Hotspur to victory against SSC Napoli.
    Tottenham Hotspur beat SSC Napoli 3 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Boateng scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Ibrahimovic was also on the scoresheet for his side.

5 goals in 4 games for Ibra. Massive thanks to Man City for him, cause he's doing me fantastically at the moment :pac:

Eh i dunno was unable to prevent a Aston Villa defeat to Atlético Madrid.
    Aston Villa slumped to a 2 - 1 defeat against Atlético Madrid in their Division 1 fixture.
    Guzan had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Agbonlahor was on the scoresheet for his side.

Still winless and only 3 goals scored :mad:

This is getting ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Sir Tom Cattle steered US Palermo to victory against Flamengo.
    US Palermo outclassed Flamengo and beat them 3 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Kokorin scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Hamsík and Mertesacker were also amongst the goalscorers.

Chris P Bacon steered Juventus to victory against Dortmund.
    Juventus beat Dortmund 2 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Konoplyanka scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Cabella was also on the scoresheet for his side.

f72xi8h8645v.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Up to third.

Only me and City haven't lost a game in the last 6 in Div 1, and City are 2W 4D, while I'm 4W 2D.

So I'm claiming the title of "Most Inform Team After 7 Games" title :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Lord TSC wrote: »

Dave Shadow steered Tottenham Hotspur to victory against SSC Napoli.
    Tottenham Hotspur beat SSC Napoli 3 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Boateng scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Ibrahimovic was also on the scoresheet for his side.

5 goals in 4 games for Ibra. Massive thanks to Man City for him, cause he's doing me fantastically at the moment :pac:

Well played, i put out me reserves since my first team were all wrecked, figured i was gonna lose anyway so why play my best players!!:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement