Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

1-1 vs Chelsea.

That's two of the top four I have drawn with so will take it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Athletic Club beat Sporting CP 2 - 0 in their Division 3 fixture.

Eto\'o scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Sau was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Still second - despite what that eejit at Palermo thinks :D:pac::P

Also, Eto'o now leading scorer in Division 3 - imagine if he had stayed at 92.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

MY ITCHY NADS steered Juventus to victory against fierce rivals SSC Napoli.
    Juventus beat SSC Napoli 1 - 0 in their Division 1 fixture.
    Vidal had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.
    Hulk was on the scoresheet for his side.

tumblr_n3h52oT2jM1qaorn7o1_r1_400.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Willow Murphy earned a draw with Estudiantes against Shanghai Shenhua.
    The match ended 1 - 1 between Estudiantes and Shanghai Shenhua in their Division 3 fixture.
    Roux was on the scoresheet for his side.

I'll take a point against an opponent who I normally have difficulties against. Had plenty of chances to win though so it's slightly disappointing from that perspective.

I'm also only one point away from the 40 barrier so that's always good!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Started off with a 1-0 win against Udinese in my first game as Palmeiras manager. Squad isn't as good as I thought but sure at least I'm up a division! Did besiktas only become available recently? Nearly sure they weren't available when I got the palmeiras job a few days ago! Would have definitely preferred them :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

SL Benfica beat Portsmouth 3 - 1 in their Division 2 fixture.
    Honda scored a brace and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.
    Pizarro was also on the scoresheet for his side.

Good result against a good side, delighted with that.

TheGunns wrote: »
    Diame would suit your team ;)

I'm not interested in potential benchwarmers, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Season in danger of imploding.

4 draws in the last 6 now, including throwing away a 2 goal lead last night to the team bottom of the league who had lost their last 5.

I think the cup run is playing havoc with my team, may have to start resting players and shake it up a bit.

On the plus side, I'm unbeaten in 13 games (inc two friendliest so 11 competitive gams) just need more wins and less draws.

Applying for Besiktas job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Isn't there a limit to changing teams per season?

• Advertisement

Colemania wrote: »
    Applying for Besiktas job

You can only move once per season.

Seaneh wrote: »
    You can only move once per season.

Ah ok. I thought MrMac said it would be ok. I wouldn't have applied if i had known that. Sickened that job wasn't there when i took the Palmeiras job a day or 2 before that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Colemania wrote: »
    Ah ok. I thought MrMac said it would be ok. I wouldn't have applied if i had known that. Sickened that job wasn't there when i took the Palmeiras job a day or 2 before that!

Take it from me... The Besiktas job ain't amazing!
    They have a lot of older players that will drop very soon.

And I should know.. I signed them all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Take it from me... The Besiktas job ain't amazing!
    They have a lot of older players that will drop very soon.

And I should know.. I signed them all :pac:

And I should know.. I was stuck with them :mad:

Does anyone else hate it when under active managers log in once every 2 or 3 weeks just to keep their team and reject bids. Perfectly happy to leave a team on auto-pilot and rot and not allow someone with a genuine interest have a crack.

PSG was super frustrating to deal with before the last manager quit but there are other teams like that in the league too, lyon for for example.

I really wish people who don't have any interest in the game would just quit and let someone else have a run with a good team, so many good clubs going to waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Does anyone else hate it when under active managers log in once every 2 or 3 weeks just to keep their team and reject bids. Perfectly happy to leave a team on auto-pilot and rot and not allow someone with a genuine interest have a crack.

PSG was super frustrating to deal with before the last manager quit but there are other teams like that in the league too, lyon for for example.

I really wish people who don't have any interest in the game would just quit and let someone else have a run with a good team, so many good clubs going to waste.

The ACF Fiorentina manager is just as bad!! :mad:

I really, really think that people who clearly aren't bothered should be encouraged to quit and let someone else have a crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

Can the sign in limit be changed down to 7 days or so? If people can't be bothered to sign in then i agree that other lads should be allowed have a shot at those teams.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Maldjd23 wrote: »
    Can the sign in limit be changed down to 7 days or so? If people can't be bothered to sign in then i agree that other lads should be allowed have a shot at those teams.

A vote to bring it down to 21 days was passed but Mac couldn't change it on account of the fact that he could only make 2 changes to the settings each season, and the other two changes were seen to be of higher importance.

It will be changed at the end of this season instead.

I vote for another vote :P down to 7/14 days

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Nope. That doesn't bother me at all.

bazarakus wrote: »
    Nope. That doesn't bother me at all.

Only because you don't watch football.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Lads, there's no way we should be culling managers who only log in once every couple of weeks whilst we struggle to fill up available teams as it is.

I know it is annoying to see some clubs under-used but it would be even more annoying to have 20 unmanaged clubs in the GW.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Lads, there's no way we should be culling managers who only log in once every couple of weeks whilst we struggle to fill up available teams as it is.

I know it is annoying to see some clubs under-used but it would be even more annoying to have 20 unmanaged clubs in the GW.

Why? If they aren't active what difference does it make?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,800 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Need to rent a suit for the cup final!

Genoa prevail on penalties 5-3 after a 2-2 draw with Shanghai Shenhua!

Results took ages coming in tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭MRPRO03

Just having a look around at the squads and for me, most teams have way too many players, surely if it is possible, have a max of 30-40 players. For managers to have over 100+ players is just completely unfair to new managers to the league like myself. Anyone agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Here we go again :rolleyes:

Just have a look at those big squads and check how many are first team players and how many are 'risers' they will be looking to sell for a profit at some point...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MRPRO03 wrote: »
    Just having a look around at the squads and for me, most teams have way too many players, surely if it is possible, have a max of 30-40 players. For managers to have over 100+ players is just completely unfair to new managers to the league like myself. Anyone agree?
    Weve had this debate numerous times and as I've said it would be near impossible too implement at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement