Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Login Time Poll

Options
  • 14-04-2014 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭

I know it was decided that 21 days was ideal but I get the feeling some would like it lowered seeing as there are some that only log in every few weeks and don't actually play

So, what log in times would you like?

A manager must log in at least once every... 17 votes

31 days
    0%
    21 days
    5%
    Madcon 1 vote
    14 days
    47%
    ctrl-alt-deleteLord TSCGT_TDI_150mackeireWilbertohufpc8w3adnk65Jimmy Rabbitte Snrbeakerjoe 8 votes
    10 days
    47%
    tommycahirMRPRO03unkymoPerrinV2TinieirishgoldbergTheGunnsBurlap_Sack 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Unless we are confident that we can attract more new players we should keep it as it is, IMO.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

14 days
    My worry about reducing it further going into summer is that 14 days could see people who go on holidays lose their clubs.

I am off for 15 days in a few weeks. Think I have net over there but not sure. Wouldn't want to lose my team cause of that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Unless we are confident that we can attract more new players we should keep it as it is, IMO.

As I said in the other thread, if a manager is inactive, what difference does it make? They might as well not be there or atleast give others a go at the bigger clubs that they are doing nothing with

My worry about reducing it further going into summer is that 14 days could see people who go on holidays lose their clubs.

I am off for 15 days in a few weeks. Think I have net over there but not sure. Wouldn't want to lose my team cause of that :(

I'd like to think that common sense would prevail and you'd get your club back. A simple pm to Mac or a quick post on boards would sort that out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I'd like to think that common sense would prevail and you'd get your club back. A simple pm to Mac or a quick post on boards would sort that out

Yup. If you are going to be away for a while you just pm mac or whatever and if you get sacked he can just offer you the job.

• Advertisement

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    As I said in the other thread, if a manager is inactive, what difference does it make? They might as well not be there or atleast give others a go at the bigger clubs that they are doing nothing with

But they are logging in and are playing, otherwise they would have hit the 21/30 day limit and been removed. Personally I'd rather clubs be managed twice a month rather than no times a month.

Unmanaged clubs are a major irritation, especially when the league rules say that you can't buy from them. The number of notifications I get in the Copa Del Boards league where one unmanaged Club is trying to buy players from another unmanaged Club makes that situation far more annoying than having a couple of people playing this game once every ten days.

But they are logging in and are playing, otherwise they would have hit the 21/30 day limit and been removed. Personally I'd rather clubs be managed twice a month rather than no times a month.

Unmanaged clubs are a major irritation, especially when the league rules say that you can't buy from them. The number of notifications I get in the Copa Del Boards league where one unmanaged Club is trying to buy players from another unmanaged Club makes that situation far more annoying than having a couple of people playing this game once every ten days.

An unmanaged club can gain a new manager. Someone logging in once every 4 weeks just to keep a team is of no use to anyone, they aren't playing the game, they aren't active in the transfer market.

Logging in and playing the game are two very different things

Yes they are. But how can you say that everyone who doesn't log in more than once every week or two is purely logging in and not playing the game, albeit less frequently than you or I are? From what I can see these teams aren't overly fatigued so it looks to me that they are changing the team when they come in.

People getting annoyed because their transfer bids are getting ignored isn't a good enough reason to cull a load of managers and waste one of our two rule changes per season, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Seaneh wrote: »
    Yup. If you are going to be away for a while you just pm mac or whatever and if you get sacked he can just offer you the job.

Was just thinking this also. A quick pm to the mod to explain you'll be away will see you keep your club.
    An unmanaged club can gain a new manager. Someone logging in once every 4 weeks just to keep a team is of no use to anyone, they aren't playing the game, they aren't active in the transfer market.

Logging in and playing the game are two very different things

Totally agree with this also. Yes it is very annoying having all these unmanaged clubs having players up on the transfer list that you can't buy and them making all these loan offers on your players from the youth team but maybe it's better off in case someone else wants to join.

In saying that, these managers in question should be informed well in advance of a rule change so they can keep managing their club if they wish. Would there be a lot of division 1 and 2 teams that could end up being kicked out?

Yes they are. But how can you say that everyone who doesn't log in more than once every week or two is purely logging in and not playing the game, albeit less frequently than you or I are? From what I can see these teams aren't overly fatigued so it looks to me that they are changing the team when they come in.

People getting annoyed because their transfer bids are getting ignored isn't a good enough reason to cull a load of managers and waste one of our two rule changes per season, IMO.

10 days is 3 about matches, if you aren't logging in once every 10 days, you aren't playing the game IMO. There are obvious exceptions like holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Went with 10 days myself.

If your gonna be on holidays, are ill, having a stressful time IRL, etc and need some time away from the game, then I say we create a leave of absence thread. Might I add you don't need to post your reasons just state you'll be inactive for x amount of time.

That way Mac doesn't have to updating everyone and doing all the work. Plus we all know the person isn't logging in from the off not that their inactive, so keep their club on ice for them.

Went with 10 days myself.

If your gonna be on holidays, are ill, having a stressful time IRL, etc and need some time away from the game, then I say we create a leave of absence thread. Might I add you don't need to post your reasons just state you'll be inactive for x amount of time.

That way Mac doesn't have to updating everyone and doing all the work. Plus we all know the person isn't logging in from the off not that their inactive, so keep their club on ice for them.

Great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Lads just a bump on this because if changes are going to be implemented for next season the NOW is the time they need to be done!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

14 days
    voted 21 days initially ... still included to go with this as I think 10days is tight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

14 days
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    voted 21 days initially ... still included to go with this as I think 10days is tight

10 days doesn't even allow lads time for a two week holiday. IMO

14 days
    exactly!

Anymore thoughts on this???

I think most agree that 30 days is too long.....

14 days
    drop it gradually ... got for 21 days, if it still feels like people are not playing the game and just logging in on day 20, then reduce it more

drop it gradually ... got for 21 days, if it still feels like people are not playing the game and just logging in on day 20, then reduce it more

With time pressing I would agree with this, drop to 21 and see how that works for next season?

I think 10 days is plenty, as said earlier, if you're not logging in once every 3 games, you're clearly not bothered.

If you're going on holiday you can either set holiday mode or PM mac and tell him, if you get sacked, he can just reoffer the job to you.

But the reality is that nobody is going to be going on holiday anywhere where they won't have at least intermittent internet access, if you're pushed you can log in on your phone using free wifi in a cafe/bar/restaurant/mcdonalds anywhere in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

10 days
    I think if we are to follow the basic principal outlined by Mac at the start of the gameworld, it democratic consensus rules then we need to switch it to 10 days.. that's what the outcome of the poll clearly is.

tommycahir wrote: »
    I think if we are to follow the basic principal outlined by Mac at the start of the gameworld, it democratic consensus rules then we need to switch it to 10 days.. that's what the outcome of the poll clearly is.

Agreed, would like to see this sorted out once Mac gets a chance.

Agreed, would like to see this sorted out once Mac gets a chance.

10 days would be my preference as well...

Reason I bumped this thread recently as it is due for a change and just wanted to confirm the consensus was still the same as it was a tad old..

But yeah, 10 is what I went for origionally...

14 days
    still think 10 days it tight, if a manager has something going on in their real life(a death, a birth, ...) and forget to log in for 14days, the club will have been given to the winner of the application process ... according to some comments here, you should be able to PM mac and he will make it all better? How?

Lets be fair and not go down a route that could see us loose manager ...

PS: if you think that with a major event in your personal life shouldnt prevent you from logging in at least once in 10days, then maybe you havent experienced an major event ...

still think 10 days it tight, if a manager has something going on in their real life(a death, a birth, ...) and forget to log in for 14days, the club will have been given to the winner of the application process ... according to some comments here, you should be able to PM mac and he will make it all better? How?

Lets be fair and not go down a route that could see us loose manager ...

PS: if you think that with a major event in your personal life shouldnt prevent you from logging in at least once in 10days, then maybe you havent experienced an major event ...

To be fair, I could only see Holidays being an issue, as it does not take 10 seconds to log in on a phone (that counts correct?) but if on holidays and away from a wifi spot (can happen, unlikely but possible) could be an issure alright....

I'd still say 10 day is a fair amount of time to be honest...

Holidays, stress, etc is exactly what the leave of absence thread was created for :)

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057200990/1/#post90181611

It's stickied at the top of the forum for anyone that isn't aware :)

Lads, this needs to me implemented TODAY

so decide what the best option is and let Mac fix it up for next season

The poll shows a majority in favour of 10 days so we need to go with that or have a new poll for the next 10 or so hours and hope that Mac is around to change it before midnight.

IMO, the poll was done and we should just go with that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

14 days
    I genuinely think 10 days is too short.

I know people say "Mac can give you your club back", but the knock on is you also lose your manager score, which means you have to start over if you plan on swapping and competing for teams later.

21 days for me is more than enough and also provides cover :)

• Advertisement

I genuinely think 10 days is too short.

I know people say "Mac can give you your club back", but the knock on is you also lose your manager score, which means you have to start over if you plan on swapping and competing for teams later.

21 days for me is more than enough and also provides cover :)

You don't lose your manager score.

Advertisement