Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atlantic Storm Watch 2014: February/March

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

My records don't show anything, but last night time unknown, say 2am, I was partly awoken by a severe shower battering the window.

This changed to a sound like a sheet of water or a wave even was splashing over the window, I was too tired to get up and it faded soon to the normal lashing sound and then passed.

I was expecting to see a peak in my rain graphs but it isn't there, I'm only showing 1.5mm during the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭Storm 10

It was pretty stormy in Galway, started around 2am and went on for a few hours, at one stage it was gusting to 60 mph on my weather machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Red Nissan wrote: »
    My records don't show anything, but last night time unknown, say 2am, I was partly awoken by a severe shower battering the window.

This changed to a sound like a sheet of water or a wave even was splashing over the window, I was too tired to get up and it faded soon to the normal lashing sound and then passed.

I was expecting to see a peak in my rain graphs but it isn't there, I'm only showing 1.5mm during the night.

are you sure it wasn't some one with a hose just messing with you? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Pretty ordinary weather on the latest charts but there looks like plenty of potential next week for storms in and around ireland i think ......Too early to be sure yet though...

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭KingdomRushed

I can't wait until there's a spell of dry calm weather. Sick of wind and rain. Seems as endless now as those easterly/northerly winds last march/April. Stuck in a rut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I always find this to be my least favourite time of the year weather wise, sick of the cold, wind and rain yet the only real alternative is dull calm weather. Too early in the year for any heat or thunderstorms and usually too late for any active fronts. Bring on April for some convective showers, great cloudscapes and warm sunshine!

Could the return of freezing temperatures in the USA mean more storm potential for us?

http://www.livescience.com/43614-more-frigid-air-across-united-states.html?cmpid=556730

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

No more storms thanks, have had enough now. Some bright, dry weather please, hopefully with a bit of warmth and not a depressingly late Spring like last year either #wishlist :D

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Just had rain like something out of the Doomsday book .
    I didn't think that the audit was that good. ;)

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Could the return of freezing temperatures in the USA mean more storm potential for us?

http://www.livescience.com/43614-more-frigid-air-across-united-states.html?cmpid=556730
    After all the wind, if it ain't already broke, chances are it will survive the next one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

Another stormy nite in Mayo , not as bad as last nite tbh . but still lashing rain with the odd gust.

Constant rain with no let up all day also.

If the ice and freezing weather comes back itll be a trip to the canaries to live on a beach if I have to , and wait till "summer" lands in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

After all the wind, if it ain't already broke, chances are it will survive the next one.

The problem I imagine will be more so with trees than structures, with the exception of temporary repairs. A lot of trees would have had their roots well loosened by now between wind and water.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭D.Campbell

very windy here in Cork , is there another storm brewing
    just please say no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Yeah, it's suddenly turned absolutely miserable in Cork City in the last while.
    Heavy wind and very heavy rain.

I am seriously contemplating moving at least a short trip to somewhere storm-free with some warmth.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭snowstorm2013

Today was the best drying day here in west Dublin in months. Wet driveways and paths that have become 'black' with being continuously wet dried out great. My back lawn which has been waterlogged for weeks has really improved. But judging by the outlook the rains are going to return. Still it was lovely today to feel a slight bit of warmth in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Aimsir

D.Campbell wrote: »
    just please say no

yeah very gusty in cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

SpaceTime wrote: »
    Yeah, it's suddenly turned absolutely miserable in Cork City in the last while.
    Heavy wind and very heavy rain.

I am seriously contemplating moving at least a short trip to somewhere storm-free with some warmth.

I cannot remember a day without rain since I don't know when..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

just please say no

Was the same in Limerick. Had a 5K race at the university. We got blown all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blackbird99

last day of winter
    14022800_2612.gif

Forecast from ME after 9pm news not looking great either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

brewing up a bit of storm outside rain sheeting on the windows ..some red echoes on the radar nearby..no doubt the road stream as you pass saggart village will be flowing down the road carrying the bits of the road it has wrought free and depositing them elsewhere..don't have to live by the sea to see the effects of water erosion.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭aboyro

holy hand-grenades!!!!!!! its blowing like foook outside right now. i didn't see this coming. have lost power twice in the last hour and didn't lose it at all during any other event!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Gusts to 50knots were expected this evening on southern and eastern coasts for a time in association with passage of front.

Interesting to see that small feature moving a tad further north in recent runs, could yet bring a period of very strong winds to some southern districts on Thursday night/ Friday AM

Here is latest HIRLAM take on low.

Develops a tight core of very strong winds, however track is consistently taking this low into northwest France in later frames.

tuul28.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,080 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Its a windy night across the country with Kinsale energy topping the 2200 reports with a gust of 48 knots. Almost all station recording Gusts on the 2200 reports.

all calm now in cork city south

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

it is looking like this evening and sunday evening are going to get windy, looking on on magicseaweed looking forward to a bit of calm, had a beautiful day yesterday, that did not last long, but anything is better than nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Possible wind event for the NW next weekend according to the latest GFS run.

gfs-0-174_rzy9.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Possible wind event for the NW next weekend according to the latest GFS run.

Quite a further bit north on the 12Z run today.

gfs-0-150_zxu0.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭D.Campbell

is there any sign of dry weather need to repair after the bad storm :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

is there any sign of dry weather need to repair after the bad storm :rolleyes:

There are signs that after next week it will become dry and settled but its too far away to be certain yet :rolleyes:

Advertisement