Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mossy14

You are ok as long as you haven't received your POE. You will be able to apply again in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Just to point out you have 90 days since getting your CAL to proceed with stage 2. I would at least wait until your 45~ days in to the new job to see if its what you want. You also have a whole year from getting your POE to activated it so technically you could not be required to fly out until July 2015. Just things to consider

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Shel_b23

Does anyone know how to validate fetac level 6 certs for canada? I cant find anything online but i know i need to it!! HELP!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Shel_b23

Does anyone know how to validate fetac level 6 certs for canada? I cant find anything online but i know i need to it!! HELP!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Simple question - any advice is appreciated.

I'm going to graduate with a Masters degree in June of 2015. I want to go abroad to either the U.S. or Canada for a year on a graduate visa. Which has the easier application process/which country offers more job opportunities?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It probably depends on your field. I know you can get a 1-year visa for the US to work in a field related to your discipline. I'm not sure about graduate visas for Canada though. You could try and get a job offer before you go and apply using the Young Professionals 2-year visa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Faith wrote: »
    It probably depends on your field. I know you can get a 1-year visa for the US to work in a field related to your discipline. I'm not sure about graduate visas for Canada though. You could try and get a job offer before you go and apply using the Young Professionals 2-year visa.

It's in Electrical Engineering. I was looking at the 1 year grad visa in the US but it looks like a lot of bureaucracy and forking out shed loads of money to USIT for no reason!

Do you think I should start e-mailing speculative CVs now or is it too early? The visa you mention would suit me just fine, is it a requisite to have a job lined up before I apply for it?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The visa you mention would suit me just fine, is it a requisite to have a job lined up before I apply for it?

Yeah, you must have a written job offer, which is easier said than done.

I'd try sending emails but not CVs just yet. Apparently Canada is all about networking, so if you can make contacts first, you might be in with a better chance. Make sure you mention that you'd be applying for the Young Professionals visa, and that you won't need sponsorship.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

Finally have all the police certs I need, but i'm unable to login to GCKEY on mycic, says page is missing. Anyone else getting this?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 southstand

yes longwhitecross, having an absolute nightmare with the site with the last 2 weeks! started off last week, I was able to log in then it would time out, documents wouldn't upload etc, now it keeps saying page unavailable. some one on the stage 2 thread said they emailed em and they said they were having problems with the site but it was 85% fixed. Think they are doin maintenence at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

southstand wrote: »
    yes longwhitecross, having an absolute nightmare with the site with the last 2 weeks! started off last week, I was able to log in then it would time out, documents wouldn't upload etc, now it keeps saying page unavailable. some one on the stage 2 thread said they emailed em and they said they were having problems with the site but it was 85% fixed. Think they are doin maintenence at the moment.

Ok well atleast it's not just me, thanks for the info. Hopefully they get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

My friend couldn't log in for a few days due to the site's technical problems - now he's gotten logged in and his application status is "Cancelled". Has this happened to anyone else??

It says one of the reasons it can say 'cancelled' is due to an admin error and CIC needing to restart the application. Hoping that's all it is :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ScoobaS6792

Hi guys wondering could someone help with a possibly stupid question..

Iv finished stage 2 in mycic and received my letter of introduction/Poe and it says the work permit is valid until next July. But it says visa expiration dates may differ.

I'm just confused, because I have not received any more messages from iec directly regarding an expiration date on the visa.

Is the expiration date the same as the one on the work permit or what?

Again, probably a stupid question but please help!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Lads/ladies

Is it possible to travel to Canada, Ontario to be precise to do an apprenticeship? Seriously considering this if you can. Been trying to get one here to no avail, or would i have to go a whole big long route to it?

Any info is greatly appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Hi guys wondering could someone help with a possibly stupid question..

Iv finished stage 2 in mycic and received my letter of introduction/Poe and it says the work permit is valid until next July. But it says visa expiration dates may differ.

I'm just confused, because I have not received any more messages from iec directly regarding an expiration date on the visa.

Is the expiration date the same as the one on the work permit or what?

Again, probably a stupid question but please help!!!!!!

The POE is not the visa, the visa is issued in exchange for the POE when you enter Canada. The Visa expiration date will be a max of two years after you enter Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 OrlaithLM84

is there any point is submitting to CIC if your IEC acceptence letter is out of date? (i thought it was valid for 6 months D'oh)
    goforless told me not to submit as CIC would reject application and i would NOT be able to apply again when 2015 caps open
    im very disappointed, any advice is greatly appreciated, i handed in my notice in work & everything.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

is there any point is submitting to CIC if your IEC acceptence letter is out of date? (i thought it was valid for 6 months D'oh)
    goforless told me not to submit as CIC would reject application and i would NOT be able to apply again when 2015 caps open
    im very disappointed, any advice is greatly appreciated, i handed in my notice in work & everything.
    thanks

Nope once the cal was outta date it's pointless. There's nothing you can do but wait and reapply for next year .without trying to ridicule you handing in your notice was silly without having gotten a Poe letter in the first place. Read the information in future it's all given to you is my best bit of advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Hi guys, I got my CAL today, and I've everything else completed on my CIC, so once I submit my CAL how long roughly until I get my POE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Kevwoody wrote: »
    Hi guys, I got my CAL today, and I've everything else completed on my CIC, so once I submit my CAL how long roughly until I get my POE?

Some people got theirs in 3 days, other people took 3 weeks. Think it's luck of the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭gambit83

can a visa be activated by the Canadian Embassy in Ireland???

• Advertisement

gambit83 wrote: »
    can a visa be activated by the Canadian Embassy in Ireland???

No it can only be activated at a border crossing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Hi all,

I applied and was granted an IEC in 2013 and am trying to get my visa grant letter from my account but when I try to login it doesnt recognise my email address.

This is the only email address Ive used for this application.

Is there some way to log in to teh Kompass 2013 accounts or am I missing something?

Hi all,

I applied and was granted an IEC in 2013 and am trying to get my visa grant letter from my account but when I try to login it doesnt recognise my email address.

This is the only email address Ive used for this application.

Is there some way to log in to teh Kompass 2013 accounts or am I missing something?

The POE should be in your CIC account, not your Kompass account. I was able to set a username (not my email address) for logging into CIC account, so maybe it's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 deslil

Hello,

I uploaded my resume and passport to the 'required documents' section of the IEC application. I selected the 'save only' button. I then paid the fee. It still says 'pending' next to the resume and passport section. I had saved them so I assume that the documents are there. Does anyone know is there a way of checking to make sure the CV and documents are attached without selecting submit.

Would be grateful if anyone could answer this for me.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Sorry to bring up an old thread...I.m just wondering, when do they announce when the process starts for 2015...And is there any way to track it?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

...Sorry to bring up an old thread...I.m just wondering, when do they announce when the process starts for 2015...And is there any way to track it?...

Usually at the start of the year, so 2015. Just keep checking from September / October onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 stevplum

Hi all I have just moved over to canada and I know it's early days but Does anybody know can you apply for your permanent residency on the working holiday visa, if so after how long can you do it? What requirements are there, and how much roughly does it cost 8, 9, 10000??
    It's always good to know these things
    Cheers

I have been approved through IEC but I do not have a corresponding MyCIC account. The checklist code I saved is not working at all. How am I supposed to get my POE without an MyCIC account? I've emailed them about this weeks ago but no reply at all. Do I need my POE to get my visa? Or will I be in their system at the border so they can do it there?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

I have been approved through IEC but I do not have a corresponding MyCIC account. The checklist code I saved is not working at all. How am I supposed to get my POE without an MyCIC account? I've emailed them about this weeks ago but no reply at all. Do I need my POE to get my visa? Or will I be in their system at the border so they can do it there?
    Have you created an account firstly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Hi, not sure if this is the correct place but I'm planning on signing up for 2015 and would just like to ask about some info.
    How long does the process of applying til confirmation take?
    Am I better going it alone or should I sign up with Usit/Sayit?
    When should I start the application process, as in gathering documents and getting everything ready?
    I'm set on moving to Vancouver, anyone who's already there able to tell me how the job market is? I've a 3 year degree in Digital Media.
    Any idea when the application process is likely to start?
    And should I be lucky and am chosen, am I given a certain timeframe when I need to go or can I choose the date to activate the visa myself?

Sorry if this is wrong or if I've asked stupid questions, I just like being prepared!

Thanks

Advertisement