Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

gambit83 wrote: »
    does anyone know what the situation is regarding leaving and re-entering Canada?
    my situation is this - i received my LOI but i'm not ready to move before the activation date so i was planning on travelling to Canada, activating the visa, staying for a week and then coming back to Ireland. does anyone know if their is a time limit for me to re-enter Canada or can i return say 6 months later - therefore still have 18 months?

My passport expires January 2016 :( I was under the impression that you could get the visa on the current passport, then apply for a new passport later and enter Canada on the newer one (as per this post, and this FAQ).

Anyone know if this is still the case? I wasn't planning on going over until early 2015 and I'd like to get the full two years...

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭EI-DOR

My passport expires January 2016 frown.png I was under the impression that you could get the visa on the current passport, then apply for a new passport later and enter Canada on the newer one (as per this post, and this FAQ).

Anyone know if this is still the case? I wasn't planning on going over until early 2015 and I'd like to get the full two years...

Yes you can do that. If you applied with your current passport then get a new one this year and upate the passport number in your Kompass Account. When going to Canada bring both passports with you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭AmyPL

EI-DOR wrote: »
    Yes you can do that. If you applied with your current passport then get a new one this year and upate the passport number in your Kompass Account. When going to Canada bring both passports with you!

Pretty sure the whole office heard my sigh of relief there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 finlayspub1

Hi guys , quick question , if i enter canada and get a seasonal job from say may to sept , can i return to ireland in sept and return to canada the following may to sept for the next season ???

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Hi guys , quick question , if i enter canada and get a seasonal job from say may to sept , can i return to ireland in sept and return to canada the following may to sept for the next season ???
    Faith wrote: »
    Theoretically, you can enter and leave as often as you like, but your insurance policy will only cover you for a specific number of visits back to Ireland, of a specific length. If you breach these, your insurance policy will be invalidated and your visa could theoretically be cancelled due to the lack of coverage.

Posters, please, please read previous posts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Hi all,

Bit of a weird one here maybe but hoping someone might be able to help or give guidance.

I am getting married in June this year. Both myself and my future wife applied and have received our CAL. Will be completing the MyCIC and Stage 2 throughout this week.

We will likely not be traveling to Canada until August so technically she will have a new surname etc. Looking to find out if this might have any implications on our entry letters or what we might need to do. She wants to get a new passport with the new surname despite her current passport being valid for another 7 years. We will be bringing along our Marriage Cert etc but is there anything we should do or change before going over? Would it be best to change some of that information so it stands to us better being married over there.

Appreciate any info thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

Will she have updated her Passport to the new surname? If not then it shouldn't make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 united147

Hi guys,

Quick question regarding the CV part. I've followed the template they have provided but mine almost looks like a school project! Is the CV part important? Their template pretty much only wants you to list your edcuation and work history without much detail and some contact details.

Appreciate all the info posted so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Combover

Hello all

I have a ticket to leave Canada for earlier than I intend to leave. Does anyone know if my visa will be limited up until the date of my flight or will I be able to stay longer and and get another ticket in Canada when I decide to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaggieRow747

I'm sorry if the answer to this question is somewhere else on the thread, but on the Come to Canada questionnaire, what should you write if you haven't yet secured employment?

The following is the section I'm having trouble with.

I haven't yet secured employment but am eager to submit the questionnaire. Should I leave it blank?

302203.jpg

i left it blank on the IMM5707E form which is what ur picture is from but on the questionnaire i just put in where i am considering heading as it states the questionnaire is not looked at by a visa officer and is not taken into account on whether you get the POE or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

I'm sorry if the answer to this question is somewhere else on the thread, but on the Come to Canada questionnaire, what should you write if you haven't yet secured employment?

The following is the section I'm having trouble with.

I haven't yet secured employment but am eager to submit the questionnaire. Should I leave it blank?

302203.jpg

Hello all

Another question.
    If I arrive in Canada after initialising my POE but do not have a medical check and I find a job that requires a medical test, can I then update my visa with a medical check in Canada.
    Just don't want to waste lots of money on a medical check that may not be required.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Combover wrote: »
    Hello all

Another question.
    If I arrive in Canada after initialising my POE but do not have a medical check and I find a job that requires a medical test, can I then update my visa with a medical check in Canada.
    Just don't want to waste lots of money on a medical check that may not be required.

Thanks

you only need a medical if your gonna work with kids or old people ,medical etc so unless you plan on applying for either kinda field. there shouldnt be a need . unless you plan to apply for them kinda jobs .then you better of getting it sorted first.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 onworld

Hi all,

Does anyone know the answer for the following scenario. You have been issued your letter of introduction and have 1 calendar year to activate the visa - but you intend to activate in say 11 months time. In the meantime you'd like to enter Canada on a regular tourist visa for a week or two. Is this possible?

Thanks!

you only need a medical if your gonna work with kids or old people ,medical etc so unless you plan on applying for either kinda field. there shouldnt be a need . unless you plan to apply for them kinda jobs .then you better of getting it sorted first.

Thanks very much.
    I'm a bit tight on time and I'm off to Canada this week.
    I just hope it works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Tea rocks

Hi All,
    I had part filled in my CIC work permit application, then set it aside while waiting for Garda cert. That's arrived now and I can't remember my password for mycic. To remember I need my user ID. But I can't remember that either. :(
    I have a printed out doc with my personal checklist code, but that doesn't seem to be it.
    I also have a validated IMM1295 form.
    Can anyone tell me if there's a way of getting a prompt for my CIC user id? I'd have thought I would've been able to submit my email or something….

• Registered Users Posts: 7 NBelkin

Hi got confused.
    how to answer
    "Have you participated under the IEC initiative previously or any other Working Holiday Visa to Canada excluding your current participation?"

If i am under Working Holiday Visa now and trying to apply for Young Professional.

NBelkin wrote: »
    Hi got confused.
    how to answer
    "Have you participated under the IEC initiative previously or any other Working Holiday Visa to Canada excluding your current participation?"

If i am under Working Holiday Visa now and trying to apply for Young Professional.

well if you are there on a whv now off course you have particpated ? how is that confusing ?

well if you are there on a whv now off course you have particpated ? how is that confusing ?

ok the reason I am asking is because I had I refuse and the reason for the was that my Job offer didn't have job duties description. Sorry if that is stupid question, just don't want to make more mistakes. If i put ZERO that would correct, right ?

ok the reason I am asking is because I had I refuse and the reason for the was that my Job offer didn't have job duties description. Sorry if that is stupid question, just don't want to make more mistakes. If i put ZERO that would correct, right ?
    how can zero be right if your currently over there on a whv ?

• Advertisement

how can zero be right if your currently over there on a whv ?

Because at the end of the sentence it says "excluding you current participation".
    That is why I am not sure what to answer. My current is WHV.

Your current participant refers to this application. You've participated once before. I assume your current WHV ends soon.

Because at the end of the sentence it says "excluding you current participation".
    That is why I am not sure what to answer. My current is WHV.

yeah because that means this application . have you only done just the one year whv?

yeah because that means this application . have you only done just the one year whv?

Sorry more confused now:

Current IEC Pariticipation
    Question:
    Are you currently in Canada under the IEC initiative? Yes

Please select the IEC category or a Recognized Organization that you are currently participating in: Working Holiday

Please indicate either the WTN associated with your application or indicated the year and month when you applied for IEC: I put my WTN that is currently i am using

Previous IEC Participation

Exluding your current participation, have you previously been in Canada under the IEC initiative (e.g. Working Holiday)? How many times.

My understanding here is that i am WHV and have to answer None. because the one I have applied is not granted to me yet.

Sorry but lost.

How would you have no previous participation when you're already there on one?! I'm really not sure how you're finding this so confusing.

You're in Canada, on a WHV. Aka WHV 1. You'll remain in Canada on another WHV. WHV 2.

None would be if you had never entered Canada on a WHV before. Consider entering Canada as your WHV. You've done it once before, and you're about to do it a second time.
    Please indicate either the WTN associated with your application or indicated the year and month when you applied for IEC

This refers to WHV 1, not WHV 2.

Faith wrote: »
    How would you have no previous participation when you're already there on one?! I'm really not sure how you're finding this so confusing.

You're in Canada, on a WHV. Aka WHV 1. You'll remain in Canada on another WHV. WHV 2.

None would be if you had never entered Canada on a WHV before. Consider entering Canada as your WHV. You've done it once before, and you're about to do it a second time.

This refers to WHV 1, not WHV 2.

I have no previous participation excluding current one. Why do they ask current participation (that one that didn't even end yet) and the next question after that would say excluding current participation.

Here is what i found on another forum."
    Yeah if you are on a current WHV and it's your only one then it doesn't count as a previous participation. This is the response I got:

"As your current participation is your only IEC participation, you should indicate that you have not previously been in Canada under the IEC initiative" "

My question already would be , can they refuse application because of that answer?

Your current participation means your current application, as best as I can tell. You have previously been in Canada under the IEC initiative. It's badly phrased, granted, but you've already participated in the IEC once (even if it hasn't ended yet). The fee you pay at the Kompass stage is the participation fee, meaning that once you submit your Kompass application, that's one participation. That is now your current participation, and the WHV that hasn't finished yet is a previous participation.

But hey, chance selecting zero because you seem fixated on it. They'll likely reject you for leaving out information about previous participations, mind.

Really? Thank you.
    but I am not leaving out or hiding any information. The question above I have answered that I do have Current IEC Participation and provided my WTN number for WHV.
    Now what should it be for the Current IEC Participation? the Young Professional that I am applying for? That doesn't make any sense.
    Can somebody who passed that Young Professional question answer me, please.

thank you

Really? Thank you.
    but I am not leaving out or hiding any information. The question above I have answered that I do have Current IEC Participation and provided my WTN number for WHV.
    Now what should it be for the Current IEC Participation? the Young Professional that I am applying for? That doesn't make any sense.
    Can somebody who passed that Young Professional question answer me, please.

thank you

you seem to be lacking the comprehension of the question that you asked so we discovered your your currently on a whv and applying for a young professional this time but the question is asking have you had and participation in any iec visas programs before hand such as whv. they ask have you had any previous participation excluding current . the current being what your applying for so there for you have and zero cant be right .
    but feel free to **** it up .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Tea rocks

So, I got my Port of Entry letter just yesterday. It seems like that's it, is it?
    This may be a stupid question, but is it just a matter of printing that letter off and then flaking off to Canada? Or do I need to have other documents with me? Do I need my IEC CAL? So delighted I have it. :D
    Anyone thinking of heading to Montreal?

Advertisement