Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Tea rocks wrote: »
    So, I got my Port of Entry letter just yesterday. It seems like that's it, is it?
    This may be a stupid question, but is it just a matter of printing that letter off and then flaking off to Canada? Or do I need to have other documents with me? Do I need my IEC CAL? So delighted I have it. :D
    Anyone thinking of heading to Montreal?

YUp Just the Poe insurance and proof of funds

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Tea rocks

YUp Just the Poe insurance and proof of funds
    Thanks goingitalone.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 onworld

Tea rocks wrote: »
    So, I got my Port of Entry letter just yesterday. It seems like that's it, is it?
    This may be a stupid question, but is it just a matter of printing that letter off and then flaking off to Canada? Or do I need to have other documents with me? Do I need my IEC CAL? So delighted I have it. :D
    Anyone thinking of heading to Montreal?

Do you know if it's possible to enter canada on a regular tourist visa, say for example if you wanted to visit a city for a week to see if you like it first, and then at a later date enter Canada again to activate the working holiday visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Just got our POE on Monday. Now looking into the Travel insurance side of things. On the initial post there is some good info but i was wondering how do people get around the trip home limitations that are imposed? Can you pay more to get around that?

Just thinking incase either of us needed to come home for whatever reason over that period for longer than 14 days what do you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Barrythe chopper

Hey guys im confused as to what kind of insurance I need is it proper health insurance? or travel insurance with health insurance? Ive seen a few sites offering insurance for the visa for the 2 years for 300 ish im just wondering is that adequate for the entry details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 stevplum

hey all,just wondering would somebody be able to help me out here?.i am really struggling with the new part(second part) of the canadian visa.I got the conditional letter of acceptance and i got as far as getting the checklist code and most of the first form filled out(immi1295) but as i was waiting on my australian police clearance back i just left it for the last three weeks and only returned back to fill everything i could out this evening.So when i went to sign in to my gckey it brought me to a page and said change password or revoke password(gave me no other choice),i dont know why but i pressed revoked and now i cant get in and dont know where to go from here.would you know what i can do,sorry i am just stressing out at the moment its important i get this.I would appreciate any help.
    should i just register everything from scratch again??.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 stevplum

hey all,just wondering would somebody be able to help me out here?.i am really struggling with the new part(second part) of the canadian visa.I got the conditional letter of acceptance and i got as far as getting the checklist code and most of the first form filled out(immi1295) but as i was waiting on my australian police clearance back i just left it for the last three weeks and only returned back to fill everything i could out this evening.So when i went to sign in to my gckey it brought me to a page and said change password or revoke password(gave me no other choice),i dont know why but i pressed revoked and now i cant get in and dont know where to go from here.would you know what i can do,sorry i am just stressing out at the moment its important i get this.I would appreciate any help.
    should i just register everything from scratch again??.
    cheers and thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ravingitup

Does anybody know about the situation if you don't use your visa in time? I just got a job completely unexpectedly, and now I may not use my POE in time (it expires next March). Does that count as use of the visa if you don't activate it and are you prevented from entering Canada on an IEC visa again?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

ravingitup wrote: »
    Does anybody know about the situation if you don't use your visa in time? I just got a job completely unexpectedly, and now I may not use my POE in time (it expires next March). Does that count as use of the visa if you don't activate it and are you prevented from entering Canada on an IEC visa again?

Thanks!

Once you proceed with Stage 2 and receive your POE that is considered your one and only 2yr IEC visa used. You are not able to enter the IEC again. That could change over the years for people that may not have activated their POE but as it stands from what i understand you either use it now or that's it.

I've filled out the IMM1295E (work permit) form and want to upload the file to MyCIC, but I can't digitally sign it. There is an option to enter the signature date, but I can't enter anything for the signature. Did anyone else have this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭ckgirl

you don't have to sign it...just click validate and a load of bar codes appear

ckgirl wrote: »
    you don't have to sign it...just click validate and a load of bar codes appear

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sammiek

Hi guys,
    Am I able to print this form out and fill/sign and date it by hand, then scan and upload to myCiC? Or must I fill it in electronically, if so how does one do that as my forms are opened in PDF format and I'm unable to put any entries in. There are aslo some questions in the work in cananda section that I'm unable to fill as I do not have a job lined up for me before I go, nor do I know the duration of employment. What do you guys suggest I answer in the spaces provided?
    Any information would be appreciated as I've only got 3 days to upload my documents.
    Thanks,
    Sammie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Sammiek wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Am I able to print this form out and fill/sign and date it by hand, then scan and upload to myCiC? Or must I fill it in electronically, if so how does one do that as my forms are opened in PDF format and I'm unable to put any entries in. There are aslo some questions in the work in cananda section that I'm unable to fill as I do not have a job lined up for me before I go, nor do I know the duration of employment. What do you guys suggest I answer in the spaces provided?
    Any information would be appreciated as I've only got 3 days to upload my documents.
    Thanks,
    Sammie

You have to fill the form in electronically, you won't be able to upload it properly if it's not done electronically. You should be able to type entries into the form (assuming you are using Adobe Acrobat Reader and not something else).

Just leave the section about working in Canada empty.

Thanks for the quick reply....... I only have 5 days left to complete my application. I seem to have trouble loading my documents to mycic account. My files are saved in PDF format and are smaller than 4mb each, yet I get a response saying 'you have specified an incorrect file format for your attachment'. What do they mean? So am I suppose to try and send it in doc format instead? Does anyone know how I can convert between the 2 formats or is anyone else having trouble loading their documents as well? I don't know what to know right now and I am almost outta time!
    If anyone could help me please, big thanks in advance!
    Cheers,
    Sammie

Hi,
    can anyone help me? i've uploaded all of my documents except the work permit. I've filled the permit out electronically and tried to submit it, still states INVALID PDF FILE. i've printed it out and scanned them in tiff, jpeg and PDF formats and still, it states the same thing.

I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW I WILL BE ABLE TO UPLOAD THAT ONE FORM!!!

Does any one have any suggestions? Or know of any program to merge mulitple tif or jpeg files into one file?
    I am at a loss right now, any help would be appreciated!!!

Cheers,
    Sammie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 IzzyGrant

Hi does anybody have any information on the next round of visas being issued or is it annually??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's annual. The 2014 quota is long gone, and nobody knows when the 2015 quota will open. Going on past years, it could be anywhere from November 2014 to April 2015. Keep an eye on the IEC page and this forum for information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

Can someone please explain the procedure for getting a refund on your visa? I applied for one and got it but now am unable to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭goingitalone

Can someone please explain the procedure for getting a refund on your visa? I applied for one and got it but now am unable to use it.

You won't get a refund if your Poe has been issued.and now that you been issued it .you won't be able to.apply for it again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

You won't get a refund if your Poe has been issued.and now that you been issued it .you won't be able to.apply for it again.

I just have a Conditional Acceptance Letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

Hi totally new to this but I'm just wondering whats the first line in terms of applying for a visa I know I'm a little late to the party but any advice would be awesome :)

As I'd like to go to work in Canada for longer then six months.

Have you read the FAQ on the first page? It's very clearly laid out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GapYearCanada

The IEC has a Young Professionals visa that has over 2000 visas left for Canada.
    This is an employer specific visa - for those of you that were unable to secure a visa and are interested in getting out to Canada next winter season, we are based in Banff and have worked with local employers for the past ten years and can get this set up. We are now interviewing and booking for October 2014 arrivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

What sort of clearance do you need if you've been in the UK 6+ months? I'm hearing ACRO Police Certificate (£45) from some, and Basic Disclosure (£25) from others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Go onto the Acro website, it literally tells you what you need to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

I asked if I definitely need the ACRO one, not how to apply for it.

Yeah, that's the one you need. The link is in the first post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

ACRO issues Police Certificates to people who want to emigrate to a number of countries including Australia, Belgium, Canada, Cayman Islands, New Zealand, South Africa, and the United States of America.

The certificate details whether or not the applicant has a criminal record in the United Kingdom and is required as part of the visa process by the respective High Commission or Embassy.

Right there on the website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Quick question.

I got my CAL at the start of April. Since then I was offered a job I couldn't really refuse so unfortunately it doesn't look like I'll be heading to Canada.

What I was wondering is am I now ruled out of a future IEC application as I have received my CAL.

Advertisement