Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPDATED FOR 2015- IEC FAQ Thread - please read here first and ask any questions here!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

I understand that you have 12 months to enter Canada from date of acceptance - can someone confirm which acceptance this is, because I first had to apply with IEC and then CIC.

Is it 12 months from when you get the 'POE Introduction letter'?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Intifada wrote: »
    Is it 12 months from when you get the 'POE Introduction letter'?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bettio

Hey, I just got my POE letter today! I set up a Kompass account in September, I was on the waiting list, but within a few days, i got my CAL and told to set up my CIC account. It moved really fast and I had no idea what I was doing, but it seemed to have worked so there must be some left?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I think they might be taking visas from the Young Professionals allocations and giving them to the Working Holiday waiting list.

If that's the case, I'd highly recommend people apply now in peace, rather than waiting for the chaos of the 2015 opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

bettio wrote: »
    Hey, I just got my POE letter today! I set up a Kompass account in September, I was on the waiting list, but within a few days, i got my CAL and told to set up my CIC account. It moved really fast and I had no idea what I was doing, but it seemed to have worked so there must be some left?

Same as that got my POE letter yesterday was also on the waiting list and bam all of a sudden I have it without thinking to much about it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 EmmaCak

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question.
    My boyfriend is already in Canada. He has got LMIA.
    I am planning to come and work trough Working Holiday programm and we are planning to prove common law relationship... so, my question si what should I put when applying when it comes to marital status? Common law relationship?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭The Uninvited Guest

I have my Kompass account set up for IEC Working holiday visa. Should I go ahead and submit my application for 2015 already?

I have my Kompass account set up for IEC Working holiday visa. Should I go ahead and submit my application for 2015 already?

Applications for 2014 are still open, so if you apply now it will be for 2014. However you will only get a spot on the waiting list at this point and you may or may not get a permit.

Applications for 2015 will probably open in December or January and you will need a new Kompass account as I don't believe that a 2014 Kompass account will be valid for 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 smurfORnot

Hello

I am planing to visit my relatives in Canada, soon. I will be staying with them for 2-3 months. If I found some decent job, I might even consider staying in Canada for some time. I have finished college this year, and have my degree - Master of Mining Engineering, here in Croatia, although, last 2 years of college, I was more focused on waste managment. So I would be quite happy if I could find some job focused on waste, recycling etc. Which visa would be best to apply for? WH? There is Young proffesionals, but since I don't have any job offer yet, and I won't have it before I come to Canada, and see whole situation with jobs available etc., this one is off the table I think.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Seeing as you're Croatian, we can't give you the best advice. I believe the Young Professionals visas are only open to Irish citizens. I imagine you should just apply for the IEC WHV. More information is on the IEC website, here.

But given your background, I'd say Canada would be a good option for you, if you're prepared to live in the slightly more rural parts where the mining industry is biggest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 smurfORnot

Nop, Young professionals, WH and International Co-op are also opened for Croatia.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sully0182

I'm pretty sure the canadainternational website says that you can only open a Kompass account for 2015 when the application process opens, at least that's what it says in the Kompass FAQ...

8. Do I need to open a new IEC account for 2014, or can I use the same account that I created to submit my application for 2013?

You must register and activate a new account for your 2014 application. Your account from last year is no longer active.

Quick question though - has anyone got an idea when the application process will open? I've heard as early as December but that sounds very early considering it wasn't open until March last year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

No-one has the faintest notion until they update their website - whenever that may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Faith wrote: »
    I think they might be taking visas from the Young Professionals allocations and giving them to the Working Holiday waiting list.

If that's the case, I'd highly recommend people apply now in peace, rather than waiting for the chaos of the 2015 opening.

Does anyone know if this will actually work?

My partner missed out on his visa earlier this year due to a really idiotic error on our own part... If he reapplies again and hears nothing by the time the 2015 applications open and he reapllies then, could this jeopardize his application

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

gg2 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this will actually work?

My partner missed out on his visa earlier this year due to a really idiotic error on our own part... If he reapplies again and hears nothing by the time the 2015 applications open and he reapllies then, could this jeopardize his application

Nope, you aren't discounted until you get a POE once (the final stage).

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    Nope, you aren't discounted until you get a POE once (the final stage).

But if he doesn't receive a poe by the time the 2015 applications open-as in the application is still being processed - you can't have 2 applications going at once can you? Or is it a case of all the 2014 apps will be over and done with by the time 2015 ones are realeased? Faith have you heard of anyone applying at this stage and being successful?

But if he doesn't receive a poe by the time the 2015 applications open-as in the application is still being processed - you can't have 2 applications going at once can you? Or is it a case of all the 2014 apps will be over and done with by the time 2015 ones are realeased? Faith have you heard of anyone applying at this stage and being successful?

I would imagine that any applicants still on the waiting list will have their applications cancelled and those applications in progress will be allowed to complete their application.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Just got my POE letter tonight. Delighted. Planning on heading to Calgary next year.

Took about a month to get everything done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Galwayguy23

Just got my POE letter tonight. Delighted. Planning on heading to Calgary next year.

Took about a month to get everything done.

Hi Kevo, I'm ten days now waiting to see if I'll get a POE. Did your POE take long after you submitted all your documents to the CIC?

I would imagine that any applicants still on the waiting list will have their applications cancelled and those applications in progress will be allowed to complete their application.

I'd agree. No harm in trying now anyway.

I've heard of people being successful up until a couple of weeks ago, for sure. It's gone quiet again now, but I've not heard of anyone being rejected at least.

• Advertisement

Faith wrote: »
    I'd agree. No harm in trying now anyway.

I've heard of people being successful up until a couple of weeks ago, for sure. It's gone quiet again now, but I've not heard of anyone being rejected at least.

Worth a shot then. I suppose I can withdraw the application if I hear nothing back by the time the 2015 slot opens up. I'm guessing he won't need a new kompass account?

As far as I know, you can use the same account within the same year. He'd need a new account if he applies for the 2015 quota.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Hi Kevo, I'm ten days now waiting to see if I'll get a POE. Did your POE take long after you submitted all your documents to the CIC?

I was about 17 days waiting once I had everything submitted to CIC.

I was about 17 days waiting once I had everything submitted to CIC.

Ok thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SittingBull99

Hello if anyone has any advice it would be very helpful

I'm in the middle of filling out the application for the Kompass account and I am stuck on the 'Previous IEC Participation' question... I went on a one year working holiday visa in 2006 there asking for my WTN or date of my last application all of which I have either forgotten or deleted or thrown out any itinerary I had from then. Who should I contact to retrieve this information??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

I'm looking at going to Montreal next year but I'm confused with the whole Kompass account. I didn't think you were able to create an account until the application process was open.

The website says applications won't be open until at least Jan 2015. However I've just created a Kompass account. Is this an account for 2014 applications and I will have to create a new account for the 2015 ones?

Also I read that in 2014 visas sold out in minutes. Is there a way to be notified as soon as applications open up?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭podgie.

Hello all, I have applied for the WHV (was on the waiting list for a few hours. so Faith, you could be right about them using the young professional quota for people that would qualify under the YP less the job offer) but anyway, I have lived in a few country OZ, US and Ireland of course. I have two months to get all the police clearances, OZ and Ireland is pretty straight forward, should have within a month but regards the US clearance the FBI states three months on their website.

What the odds of me being approved with two of the three clearances.?

Best Regards

Got my POE! Delighted! Canada here I come!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ScoobaS6792

Congrats man! I just booked my flights today for Toronto exciting stuff,

I probably shouldve confirmed this before booking my flights, but is all we need the POE?

I mean, my POE says its valid until July 2015, so can i just fly there anytime before then, give them the POE at the airport and I'll receive my Visa? if you know that is :)

This is something thats had me freaked out for months and I got zero replies!

• Advertisement

You need your POE, proof of funds and proof of insurance.

Advertisement