Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zamano still "at it"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Yeah Meteor is Ive been hot before with them

• Registered Users Posts: 25,342 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Some minister threatened to introduce legislation a few years ago which would have the effect of putting these people out of business. It was going to make it much harder to people to be 'accidently' signed up for these services because it would require a double confirmation. I believe the 'added value' companies threatened to go to the courts and the plan was shelved.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They have somehow managed to hoodwink Comreg and the DPC in to thinking a single click is "informed consent".

Your network provides them with your details from the website click - again, cleared by Comreg as OK despite clearly being a data leak, and the DPC defer to Comregs decision. Despite the DPC - and, eventually, Comreg - admitting this was happening Meteor insisted that they didn't do it! They were willing to let me leave with no notice period when I gave that behaviour as the reason, surprisingly.

Sooner the business model dies the the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

We've had numerous Zamano threads here over the years. I've merged your thread with one if the most recent ones

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Kh1993

2 days later, various emails, more phine calls - 1 line response - "we are processing your refund". Ends.

no details of how they acquired my number, no details as to how I allegedly signed up. Very shady.

Onto the next person for Zamano I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

I received 4 texts, Eir have 6 on my bill. Not the end of the world but annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    I received 4 texts, Eir have 6 on my bill. Not the end of the world but annoying

Get into Zamano straight away and say you want your money back they will send you a cheque. Don't let them away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

20Cent wrote: »
    Get into Zamano straight away and say you want your money back they will send you a cheque. Don't let them away with it.

cheques in the post apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I got stung by this crowd about a year ago as well. I remember getting on to 3 and asking what could be done about it and as said already in this thread it was a case of writing an email to zamano asking for a refund.The whole thing stinks especially given the fact that 3 and zamano are official billing partners.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/zamano-signs-deal-with-three-mobile-to-become-billing-partner-1.2179940

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Pighead wrote: »
    I got stung by this crowd about a year ago as well. I remember getting on to 3 and asking what could be done about it and as said already in this thread it was a case of writing an email to zamano asking for a refund.The whole thing stinks especially given the fact that 3 and zamano are official billing partners.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/zamano-signs-deal-with-three-mobile-to-become-billing-partner-1.2179940

Agree I exchanged quite a few emails with 3 over it and they claimed there was nothing they could do. How about not partnering up with or sharing data with companies that have such a bad reputation or so many complaints against them. Left 3 because of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

got charged 12 cent by them for receiving a text from Zamano. Got onto them today and they are issuing me a cheque... for 12 cent.

Bit petty to get a refund for that amount but screw them!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

My wife got caught with this a few weeks back.
    3 mobile said they'd never heard of them and that they'd launch an investigation etc etc, despite them being a billing partner.

Rang zamano, got through to the Philippines and they immediately offered a refund, was expecting nothing to come, but it did today.

Still wrong that a browser pop up can access your phone account.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Latatian

Sorry for necroposting- please delete this if it's not okay. I just noticed the posts span between 2014 and 2016 so thought it might be okay as this is an on-going issue for many.

Got caught with one of these from Bounce Mobi games- just like some of the other posters here, my phone was in my pocket, it went on a youtube app, I pulled my phone out and saw a pop-up ad and I just clicked 'back' and closed youtube. Thought no more of it until all my credit disappeared and I got all these reverse charge texts. Have contacted them and they have refused a refund, saying that since I 'interacted with' one of their ads they can charge me all they like. Any suggestions as to what to do or how to get my money back? Have contacted comreg and vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Get onto Comreg and your provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

I just got charged €12 before VAT for 6 messages from Zamano at 2 in the morning on a night i was fast asleep in bed. Contacted Zamano and couldn't understand a word the operator said. Requested a call back from their super and they said they didnt have a super. Emailed them now to see if i can get a refund. Three no help.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Stab*City wrote: »
    I just got charged €12 before VAT for 6 messages from Zamano at 2 in the morning on a night i was fast asleep in bed. Contacted Zamano and couldn't understand a word the operator said. Requested a call back from their super and they said they didnt have a super. Emailed them now to see if i can get a refund. Three no help.

Of corse 3 are no help..... it has nothing to do with them :rolleyes:

=:rolleyes:

Sorry i was wrong they were loads of help when it came to identifying the number and when and how much these texts were. Just couldn't help with the refund.

How would i know this beforehand?!?! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Sorry i was wrong they were loads of help when it came to identifying the number and when and how much these texts were. Just couldn't help with the refund.

Of corse they couldnt help with the refund, three didnt take your money so three have zero obligation to go running around getting it back for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

You have to email them and be very clear and firm that you did not sign up for any of their services, be clear that you will not stop until they issue your refund. In my experience they will fold pretty quickly - presumably because they don't want the publicity if someone takes them to court.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Of corse they couldnt help with the refund, three didnt take your money so three have zero obligation to go running around getting it back for you.

Did i say i wanted them to refund me? No i didnt. I said three were no help. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Did i say i wanted them to refund me? No i didnt. I said three were no help. :rolleyes:

I highlighted exactly where you said they couldnt help with the refund. Its not up to three, three have absolutely nothing to do with this so there was no need to mention them in your post at all. Your issue is with Zamano and thats all!!!

Of corse 3 are no help..... it has nothing to do with them :rolleyes:

Could say the same about you.
    I highlighted exactly where you said they couldnt help with the refund. Its not up to three, three have absolutely nothing to do with this so there was no need to mention them in your post at all. Your issue is with Zamano and thats all!!!

Ive highlighted the part above where i think you need to go find something better to do.

Could say the same about you.

Ive highlighted the part above where i think you need to go find something better to do.

Well if you want to get smart then go ahead, you posted on a public forum whinging and dragging a company into it that has nothing to do with it at all. Your issue is with Zamano, three have nothing to do with Zamano so whinging about them been no help in the matter is a pointless excercise.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Could everyone calm down please.

Well if you want to get smart then go ahead, you posted on a public forum whinging and dragging a company into it that has nothing to do with it at all. Your issue is with Zamano, three have nothing to do with Zamano so whinging about them been no help in the matter is a pointless excercise.

You must be very bored. Ok so lets pick holes in your comments.

Course is spelled course not corse.
    Being is spelled being not been.

Now if you don't mind.

L1011 wrote: »
    Could everyone calm down please.

Sorry but this guy is on my back for no reason but to make himself feel good.

Sorry but this guy is on my back for no reason but to make himself feel good.

Just stop. That applies to both of you, or anyone else really.

L1011 wrote: »
    Just stop. That applies to both of you, or anyone else really.

Stop what? I came here to get info about the company that ripped me off! Tell him stop not me! Did you even read the comments?

Did you even read the comments?

Yes. Do not reply again on this thread to that user, or argue with moderation on-thread for that matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Zamano still at it! Got 8 txt messages from them last Sunday morning which took all my credit that I had put in on Friday! Got onto Three and they told me what had happened. They told me to top up again and txt stop to 57030 and that would stop them sending me the messages. They also but a block on my account to stop it happening again. Problem sorted but they only done the bare minimum to help.
    I wasn't happy so I emailed comreg and Zamano on Monday afternoon. Got my refund through paypal from zamano this morning. I'm not going to leave it there though. I'm like a dog with a bone when it comes to this stuff. Registered address is in Kilkenny and I'll drive there if I have to.

Advertisement