Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hearthstone Tournament Poll

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Limits on Legendaries and Epics.
    nesf wrote: »
    Poke me on HS at some point, you can can test them against my new Shaman deck. :)
    Cheers, will do :)

I'll also take the oppertunity to play your druid deck with my druid deck as well then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

All Class cards minus Legendaries plus some Rares.
    Nody wrote: »
    Cheers, will do :)

I'll also take the oppertunity to play your druid deck with my druid deck as well then :P

Hehe. :D

Deadline extended until Monday given the server problems.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Anyone Me 2-0; very tight games with some interesting ideas I'll need to consider for my Shaman deck in the future.

Nody wrote: »
    Anyone Me 2-0; very tight games with some interesting ideas I'll need to consider for my Shaman deck in the future.

So Anyone won? I think that's what you mean but I just want to be 100% sure before entering the result.

• Advertisement

So Anyone won? I think that's what you mean but I just want to be 100% sure before entering the result.
    Correct; Anyone won.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just played JaffOs and won 2-0. Got lucky with some card draws at the right time thankfully and got my first win. Thanks for the games JaffOs

Kirby would you be around this evening to get our game done?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Limits on Legendaries.
    I'm on now. You are too. :)

Kirby wrote: »
    I'm on now. You are too. :)

Sorry, my router was acting up, didn't spot you before I started restarting it and trying to figure our the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Limits on Legendaries.
    I added big knox, hasn't added me yet :(

Deadline extended until Monday given the server problems.

If people don't have their games done by tomorrow (including me) the game will be marked as a tie and both players get 0.5 points (vs. the normal 1 point for a win, 0 for a loss). I don't want to randomly select winners and I don't want to award everyone a loss either. This seemed the fairest approach, or do people disagree?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Limits on Legendaries.
    If people don't have their games done by tomorrow (including me) the game will be marked as a tie and both players get 0.5 points (vs. the normal 1 point for a win, 0 for a loss). I don't want to randomly select winners and I don't want to award everyone a loss either. This seemed the fairest approach, or do people disagree?
    If one player has shown they attempted to get the game played and the other did not then I'd say they should get the win.

Seifer wrote: »
    If one player has shown they attempted to get the game played and the other did not then I'd say they should get the win.

I don't know, I'm on a fair bit but I know Kirby was on at one point to try and get our game played but I wasn't around at that point. I don't think awarding a win to either player is fair in this situation.

I'm opening it up to discussion, I can extend or just remove the deadlines and we just do round when people finish their games or we have some system for automatically dealing with it.

Out of the games missing:

I was on today, Kirby was on yesterday.
    Xyo has been on a fair bit but Big Knox never added me so I don't know for him.
    Neither Tar nor Taylor added me so I can't see if they've been on.

There's no way for me to tell if people are trying to make their games or not right now.

Limits on Legendaries.
    I don't know, I'm on a fair bit but I know Kirby was on at one point to try and get our game played but I wasn't around at that point. I don't think awarding a win to either player is fair in this situation.

I'm opening it up to discussion, I can extend or just remove the deadlines and we just do round when people finish their games or we have some system for automatically dealing with it.

There's no way for me to tell if people are trying to make their games or not right now.

Tbh I don't see what the rush is. Why not just wait a few days. Obviously if one person is holding us up, by all means but we aren't on a deadline here.

Oh, and I'm on now if you want to get it played. :D

Limits on Legendaries.
    That's why I said only if one person made an effort and the other didn't to award a win. A draw would've been fair for the above scenario.
    Tbh I don't see what the rush is. Why not just wait a few days. Obviously if one person is holding us up, by all means but we aren't on a deadline here.
    There has to be some sort of deadline or it'll drag on forever. It takes an average of 30 minutes to play three games; not that hard to fit in 4/5 days ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Limits on Legendaries.
    Sorry all. I got a Wildstar stress key and was stuck into any chance I had over the weekend, I forgot about the deadline. I will be on tomorrow if it's not too late, apologies again.

Oh, and I'm on now if you want to get it played. :D

Yeah, personally I'm torn. (I really want to play Kirby! :P)

This is supposed to be a bit of fun, Xyo is correct in that things can drag out forever. I propose that we just let people get their games done and if someone is continually dragging things out then we can just award their opponents wins in future rounds to speed things up a bit. I'm leaning towards this because real life (or another game ;)) can easily get in the way of these things.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I added him and he didnt accept for a few days, then i got a request from him and only added him a few days later, woops! Dunno what happened. I'm off in amsterdam since the weekend so I havent played it since, back tomorrow. As long as it doesn't drag out a huge degree I'm fine with the games being played a bit slower, this week anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I added him and he didnt accept for a few days, then i got a request from him and only added him a few days later, woops! Dunno what happened. I'm off in amsterdam since the weekend so I havent played it since, back tomorrow. As long as it doesn't drag out a huge degree I'm fine with the games being played a bit slower, this week anyway :p
    :pac:

Added you Thursday. Haven't seen you online since.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Wut that's weird, I added you the day the fixtures went up, it didn't pop up? Checked a few days after that and it still said request sent, grr. Can play tomorrow night if you like? In Ireland around 10pm

Free any day onwards also.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Limits on Legendaries.
    Got destroyed by big_knox in our games there, my poor rogue deck just ain't cutting the mustard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Limits on Legendaries.
    Xyo wrote: »
    Got destroyed by big_knox in our games there, my poor rogue deck just ain't cutting the mustard

Good games man. Was a bit of a mismatch in fairness! :p

Limits on Legendaries.
    So are we moving on to round 3 then?

Only 2 games left to play, will be playing mine this evening if I see taylor on.

Limits on Legendaries.
    You around today nesf?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Only 2 games left to play, will be playing mine this evening if I see taylor on.
    Should be on after 6!

Cool

You around today nesf?

I can be. I'll try to stay logged in most of this evening (though I may be afk at times, so have some patience ;)).

• Advertisement

Our games done, gg mr taylor!

Advertisement