Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hearthstone Tournament Poll

Options
  • 31-01-2014 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

Please do not answer unless you are willing to play. We're deciding on format so I'm going to ask two questions (I'm sorry, I can't do two separate polls without two separate threads and I don't want to clutter the forum).

Question 1: Would you prefer fast tournaments (say 3 days to play your game per round) with switching between formats or would you prefer 3 slower tournaments at once (say a week per round) where we play different formats in each. Tick what you'd be happy with, so ticking both is fine.

Question 2: What kind of formats would you be happy to play, this is about card restrictions. Ideally we want a mix of restricted and very little or no restriction to cater for both newbies and experienced players. Hopefully people will be willing to play both types even if their win chance is low or the format not exciting for them.

The poll is public for obvious reasons.

READ THE POST! 34 votes

Single Tournaments, fast rounds.
    0%
    Multiple Tournaments, slow rounds.
    29%
    nesfDapperGentSeiferTar.AldarionNodyKirbyXyoAnyoneTaylor365DeSelby83 10 votes
    No card restrictions.
    20%
    nesfTar.AldarionBig KnoxNodyXyoTaylor365JaffOs 7 votes
    Limits on Legendaries.
    20%
    nesfSeiferBig KnoxNodyKirbyXyoAnyone 7 votes
    Limits on Legendaries and Epics.
    17%
    nesfDapperGentTar.AldarionNodyTaylor365JaffOs 6 votes
    All Class cards minus Legendaries plus some Rares.
    11%
    nesfsuper_furryDapperGentDeSelby83 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Limits on Legendaries.
    I voted for no card restrictions but I'm happy to play other formats too. In fact drafting with certain rules could add a bit of a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I voted for fast games and limit on leg and rares but to be honest i dont mind if we have to include them. This game is a good laugh and im not particularly good at it but its a lot if fun to play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Limits on Legendaries.
    Voted for no restrictions as the card pool is small enough as it is but if the majority don't have access to much more than commons and rares I'm happy to go with the vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Ok, I'm calling it. I flipped a coin and it came up No Restrictions for the first tournament. The next tournament, if this one goes well, will have some restrictions on Legendaries (we can discuss what would be good here).

People can sign up here: http://challonge.com/boardshearth1

It would be nice if people signed up for tournaments even if they're not their preferred format since we don't seem to be overflowing with players. :)

(Anyone who currently is signed up above can drop out if they don't want to be in this one)

Limits on Legendaries.
    nesf wrote: »
    Ok, I'm calling it. I flipped a coin and it came up No Restrictions for the first tournament. The next tournament, if this one goes well, will have some restrictions on Legendaries (we can discuss what would be good here).

People can sign up here: http://challonge.com/boardshearth1

It would be nice if people signed up for tournaments even if they're not their preferred format since we don't seem to be overflowing with players. :)

(Anyone who currently is signed up above can drop out if they don't want to be in this one)

I'll sign up later today, on my phone at the moment. Hopefully we can get at least 8.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Limits on Legendaries.
    I can't for the life of me see where I'm supposed to sign up for the tournie? can anyone point it out :)

I'm a moron, try this link: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/2RZyzsP1XU

The other one works if you've an account already I think but the one above should be more straightforward.

Limits on Legendaries.
    I'm a moron, try this link: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/2RZyzsP1XU

The other one works if you've an account already I think but the one above should be more straightforward.

Signed up now! very excite!

Big Knox wrote: »
    I'll sign up later today, on my phone at the moment. Hopefully we can get at least 8.

If we don't make 8 by tomorrow I'll try and rope in a few players I know from my World of Tanks clan who play.

I signed up anyway, I'll make up numbers

• Advertisement

Limits on Legendaries.
    I forgot to ask. Are we doing standard HS 3 deck elimination or just an easier 1 deck 1 game knockout?

Limits on Legendaries.
    I imagine a simpler format would be one deck but best of 3 each round; maybe best of 5 for the final.
    There is way too much randomness involved for the rounds to be just one game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Signed up as well but as we're at 9 I'll happily sit out to make the brackets work (saves me the hassle to decide which deck I want to run, I'm tempted to try to craft a warrior pirate deck now that I've unlocked all the pirate cards...) :)

I think going the 3 deck style would be overkill at this stage; it require people to have most, if not all, epics and ideally a few legendaries of the right type to work out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Limits on Legendaries.
    Can I propose a "No Murloc" rule?

can we get a few days notice of when this is going to start, just so we can set aside some time for it.

Limits on Legendaries.
    DeSelby83 wrote: »
    can we get a few days notice of when this is going to start, just so we can set aside some time for it.

Well I presume players will have a few days to complete each round. So it'll be up to the two players that are matched to get their game played in time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Anyone wrote: »
    Can I propose a "No Murloc" rule?
    But Murlocks have the best voice effects :P (Besides you can build rush decks with most classes anyway with or with out murlocs)

Best of 3 is good I think, best of 1 is a bad idea when we're not very time constrained.

3 decks would be problematic for what Nody says, someone might have one solid deck and then two awkward ones. However we could do a sideboard tournament and allow a person to bring two decks or one deck + listed cards for swapping in and out? I think that's more interesting than restricting people to just one deck but doesn't screw over people who lack the epics/legendaries to make good decks for classes other than their main.

Thoughts?

Oh, and Nody, if it's not filled I'll poke one of the lads to join us.

DeSelby83 wrote: »

There will be notice, I want to finish the brackets this week but I'll give people a few days to swap battletags and chat to their opponents in the first round (i.e. this will weed out anyone who isn't going to be active enough at the start and save us some hassle). Also you'll have 3 or 4 days to get your games in.

Limits on Legendaries.
    There will be notice, I want to finish the brackets this week but I'll give people a few days to swap battletags and chat to their opponents in the first round (i.e. this will weed out anyone who isn't going to be active enough at the start and save us some hassle). Also you'll have 3 or 4 days to get your games in.

So sorry can you clarify?.. is it one deck and best of three games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Limits on Legendaries.
    Signed up.

Xyo wrote: »
    So sorry can you clarify?.. is it one deck and best of three games?

Definitely best of 3.

It's going to be one deck with people allowed to declare 10 cards (potentially 20 cards of a deck) they can switch in if they choose to. Unless someone has a good argument against this? I think 10 is big enough to allow pretty major changes if people feel they need them and allow for more reactive play than just going back into another game against a deck that perfectly counters yours.

Actually, just to make it simple, everyone declares their Hero. They must play this Hero for all rounds of the tournament. They are however allowed change cards in their decks either between games in each round or between rounds without declaring this.

We have 10, so we're going to start as soon as people have posted up their Hero and Battle Tag.

Boidhre#2670 - Druid

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Limits on Legendaries.
    HokemPokem#2837 - Paladin.

Limits on Legendaries.
    De7rag #2482 - Druid

Big Knox wrote: »
    De7rag #2482 - Druid

Gah, Druid mirror match-up is annoying. :P

Well to pick something not used so much (and that I've never played competatively) I'll go with Warrior.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I would have joined this but sure :/

Anyone recording games?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Will post My Id this evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 JaffOs

Definitely best of 3.

It's going to be one deck with people allowed to declare 10 cards (potentially 20 cards of a deck) they can switch in if they choose to. Unless someone has a good argument against this? I think 10 is big enough to allow pretty major changes if people feel they need them and allow for more reactive play than just going back into another game against a deck that perfectly counters yours.

Actually, just to make it simple, everyone declares their Hero. They must play this Hero for all rounds of the tournament. They are however allowed change cards in their decks either between games in each round or between rounds without declaring this.

We have 10, so we're going to start as soon as people have posted up their Hero and Battle Tag.
    If we are going one hero I will need to check out my cards first, still new so I expected to get rolled every game (heartstone down at the moment)

Only got one legendary which is the worst one and the odd rare, things are going to be rough :(

Advertisement