Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hearthstone Tournament Poll

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Limits on Legendaries.
    nesf wrote: »
    Gah, Druid mirror match-up is annoying. :P

Yep definitely but have been playing nothing but Arena the last 2 weeks and want to test a new deck I've being putting together for constructed so no better time!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

All Class cards minus Legendaries plus some Rares.
    I'll have to check my deck too and build one. I have no idea what cards i have. I'll get on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Limits on Legendaries.
    Will post mine this evening too.

Just to be clear; is it a knockout tournament or a league type thing where everyone plays everyone (that's the way it looks like it's set up on challonge.com)?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Limits on Legendaries.
    Sefrian#2780 rogue

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Taylor365 wrote: »
    I would have joined this but sure :/

Anyone recording games?

I can make the tournament 12 easily if another person wants to play. I just want even numbers.

• Advertisement

Seifer wrote: »
    Will post mine this evening too.

Just to be clear; is it a knockout tournament or a league type thing where everyone plays everyone (that's the way it looks like it's set up on challonge.com)?

It's Swiss, not knockout. Each round people play people with similar points to them if they haven't played before, at the end the person with the highest points is the winner. Swiss means people can get more games in, hopefully against people of similar level after the first two rounds have sorted people out and not just the one where they drew the strongest player in the first round and had no hope. Knock-out is good at top level for simplicity, here I'm not sure it's the best idea. Mathematically Swiss is preferable to Single Elimination anyway if you want to find the strongest player in a group of participants. ;)

Limits on Legendaries.
    Fastpaws#2522 - Rogue

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Limits on Legendaries and Epics.
    Nody#2214 - Warrior as noted earlier :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

nesf - Boidhre#2670 - Druid
    Kirby - HokemPokem#2837 - Paladin
    Big Knox - De7rag #2482 - Druid
    Tar.Aldarion -
    JaffOs -
    DeSelby83 -
    Xyo - Sefrian#2780 rogue
    Seifer - Fastpaws#2522 - Rogue
    Nody - Nody#2214 - Warrior
    Anyone -

Ok, the tournament is ready to start, I'm just waiting on people to declare their heroes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Limits on Legendaries.
    I will pick Shaman. ID is Anyone#2535

Limits on Legendaries.
    Ok, the tournament is ready to start, I'm just waiting on people to declare their heroes.

What's the rule on disconnections? Hearthstone is flakey as fúck.
    I propose that if there is a DC the "winner" can agree to a replay of the match at their discretion.

Seifer wrote: »
    What's the rule on disconnections? Hearthstone is flakey as fúck.
    I propose that if there is a DC the "winner" can agree to a replay of the match at their discretion.

We can let people discuss it themselves. If there's a dispute I will settle it. I wouldn't want people to win on a DC when they were on 1 Health and just a Loot Horder in hand with nothing for them on the board. If there the game was still in the balance though I think a replay is better.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Legend #2173 - Warrior

Limits on Legendaries.
    We can let people discuss it themselves. If there's a dispute I will settle it. I wouldn't want people to win on a DC when they were on 1 Health and just a Loot Horder in hand with nothing for them on the board. If there the game was still in the balance though I think a replay is better.

Thoughts?

Seems fair; we're all a friendly bunch here I'm sure anyway :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

TarAldarion#2866 Priest

Tar.Aldarion - TarAldarion#2866 - Priest
    JaffOs - JaffO#2373 - Hunter
    DeSelby83 -
    Xyo - Sefrian#2780 rogue
    Anyone - Anyone#2535 - Shaman
    Taylor365 - Legend #2173 - Warrior
    Caradoc - Caradoc#2429 - Shaman

The bracket is set: http://challonge.com/boardshearth1

People can play their games if they want to, I won't start the "4 days to play" until the missing details above are sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 JaffOs

Crap, hunter i guess JaffO#2373

DeSelby83 -
    Xyo - Sefrian#2780 rogue

Updated list.

Sorry for delay, will update my battlenet name when i get to computer in the morning

• Advertisement

DeSelby#2211 - Priest, sorry for the delay

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hey JaffOs up for playing this evening? Otherwise it'll have to be monday onwards for me.

Btw watch out for nesf is clearly cheating somehow!

After all it's the only reason I would lose with my deck and class combo that I never played before...

Final list:

DeSelby#2211 - Priest
    Xyo - Sefrian#2780 rogue

Please try to get your games done by Tuesday please. You can report the results on the site or on here (I think everyone can do it on the site).

Nody wrote: »

After all it's the only reason I would lose with my deck and class combo that I never played before...

You mean just your deck running into a hard counter? :P

You mean just your deck running into a hard counter? :P
    No wai; my deck is so good there can't be any hard counters to it :pac:

Nody wrote: »

Pity about hearthstone that really takes away from this is that there is no spectate or replays, this would be much better with those. We even have commentators in the irish dota tournies etc.

Pity about hearthstone that really takes away from this is that there is no spectate or replays, this would be much better with those. We even have commentators in the irish dota tournies etc.

People can stream their games. I'm half tempted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Limits on Legendaries.

Irish HS commentary "Mother f****ng top decking geebag"

As far as I recall though, Blizzard are looking into doing a spectator mode.

Noooeeeeeees, my bad plays.

• Advertisement

I'd certainly tune in, when they have a spectate mode I hope its running on a delay so that we can see all the cards, or if not replays would certainly be good. People commentating on these games would be great in the future. I had great fun casting before and lsiteing in Irish tournaments, drums up a lot of support and community.
    Anyone wrote: »
    Irish HS commentary "Mother f****ng top decking geebag"

As far as I recall though, Blizzard are looking into doing a spectator mode.

Noooeeeeeees, my bad plays.

Yeah they are but they seem very slow with any advances don't they? These, while complex, are basic features that these games should have by now, especially with it's length of development. Ipad app not out for most of a year, then the android will be started? And with so many features missing I think they need to start releasing things, there is a big element of interaction and "making friends" community elements that could be good for this game

Advertisement