Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Elimination Chamber [SS1] 2014 Pre Show Thread *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Bryan to eliminate Christian. Then Christian goes crazy and attacks bryan's arm etc . Kane/HHH is forced to come out and order Bryan to walk out of the match but Bryan wont go and keeps shouting "No No No No" and then turns around into a RKO/Neutraliser?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

This has a 1:00 a.m. start, yeah? Any pre-show on YouTube?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

This is on Sky Sports 1? Excellent News!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

An File wrote: »
    This has a 1:00 a.m. start, yeah? Any pre-show on YouTube?

Think there always is now. 12:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hoping for a surprise in the main event.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

You and the rest of the internet!

I was hoping for a surprised in the Royal Rumble (that Batista would not win ha) and i was wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Just read a piece that suggested a Bryan win isn't out of the realms of possibility, despite what the bookies are saying. A positive arty to Raw with Bryan as Champ would be a great way to launch the Network.

Not sure if I can see it happening myself, but it's an interesting point. A Bryan win or a big Raw spot would be a nice stunt to set the internet alight and see the WWE reap the benefits of the internet imploding.

A positive page on the WWE website with an imbedded image of the Network logo that would het shared all over Facebook would be a nice marketing campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

WWE's way of tricking the internet, by not trying to trick us.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Deadlie wrote: »
    Just read a piece that suggested a Bryan win isn't out of the realms of possibility, despite what the bookies are saying. A positive arty to Raw with Bryan as Champ would be a great way to launch the Network.

Not sure if I can see it happening myself, but it's an interesting point. A Bryan win or a big Raw spot would be a nice stunt to set the internet alight and see the WWE reap the benefits of the internet imploding.

A positive page on the WWE website with an imbedded image of the Network logo that would het shared all over Facebook would be a nice marketing campaign.

See the celebrations exclusively on the WWE Network live after Raw

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

Deadlie wrote: »
    despite what the bookies are saying

Bookmakers take bets on something that has a pre-determined outcome? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

WWE are throwing away potentially thousands of subscriptions if Bryan doesn't win.

WWE have never been the smartest so I expect Orton to retain. The odds are what they are for a reason.

If Bryan does win then we all know he wont beat Batista at WM :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

I really hope Bryan doesn't win the title tonight. As much as I want him to win it. With everything that has happened since Summerslam I feel it will be an anticlimax unless it happens at Mania. If they decide against including him in the main event for Mania, a big part of me wants the WWE to hold out until Mania 31 to finally hand him the title.

Where are people getting the odds? Anything I've tried has nothing available right now.

You can bet on pretty much anything you can think of.

Whosthis wrote: »
    I really hope Bryan doesn't win the title tonight. As much as I want him to win it. With everything that has happened since Summerslam I feel it will be an anticlimax unless it happens at Mania. If they decide against including him in the main event for Mania, a big part of me wants the WWE to hold out until Mania 31 to finally hand him the title.

Because holding off worked so well for Samoa Joe in TNA?

When someone is hot, you give them the ball to run with it. You dont delay it for another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

gnfnrhead wrote: »

When someone is hot, you give them the ball to run with it. You dont delay it for another year.

You know, I listened to JR and Austin talk about this. They said that Stone Cold started to catch fire in 1996 yet he didn't win the belt til 1998 and that fans should be equally patient with DB.

Fans and people have changed since then though. People are far less patient these days.

So yeah, give him the title and strap the rocket to him asap imo. They can't keep screwing him(and the fans by extension) forever.

Are you seriously using TNA to validate a point?

It would depend on if they can keep him hot for another year. Its quite possible, book him strongly, screw him over but don't give him the title. I think it was Dusty Rhodes talking about booking that said "the money is in the chase".

Its a long time since they've had somebody getting reactions like Bryan is and I think the only way somebody like that should really be put over is at Mania.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    You know, I listened to JR and Austin talk about this. They said that Stone Cold started to catch fire in 1996 yet he didn't win the belt til 1998 and that fans should be equally patient with DB.

Fans and people have changed since then though. People are far less patient these days.

So yeah, give him the title and strap the rocket to him asap imo. They can't keep screwing him(and the fans by extension) forever.

I agree with you, but not with Austin.

Austin may have been popular in '96 alright, but it wasnt until '97 that he started to stand out as one of the most popular guys in the company. Before then, he was popular in the same way Sheamus is popular now. He gets a reaction, but nothing spectacular. At Wrestlemania 13 he turned babyface against Bret Hart. That was the start of Austin's rise. A year later he won the title when he couldnt get much hotter.

Ironically, you can label Bryan in almost the exact same way. Following the Sheamus feud in 2012, Bryan started to grow in popularity, much like Austin following his KOTR victory in 1996. Bryan's Wrestlemania 13 was towards the end of Hell No in the early part of 2013. Much like Austin, that's when he really started to grow in popularity. If it were to follow the same path again, Wrestlemania 30 would see Bryan winning the title at the height of his popularity.

If it doesnt happen then, sooner rather than later the fans will start losing interest and latch on to someone else. A few years ago CM Punk was the hottest thing in wrestling. Now he isnt even missed from the shows. That's how quickly things can change. Nothing lasts forever, especially not this level of popularity.

Are you seriously using TNA to validate a point?

Guessing this means you have no knowledge of the situation?
    It would depend on if they can keep him hot for another year. Its quite possible, book him strongly, screw him over but don't give him the title. I think it was Dusty Rhodes talking about booking that said "the money is in the chase".

Its a long time since they've had somebody getting reactions like Bryan is and I think the only way somebody like that should really be put over is at Mania.

Samoa Joe was the hottest thing going in 2006 and even 2007 but TNA wanted to wait and believed that "the money is in the chase". As such, fans lost interest by the time he eventually won the title in 2008. The money is in the pay off, not the chase. Nobody wants to pay to see their favourite wrestler screwed over for a year. They pay to see him win the big one. TNA waited too long. They got an increased buy rate but nothing compared to what it would have been a year earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeap. Wrestling, soaps, Italian football....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Where are people getting the odds? Anything I've tried has nothing available right now.

Sorry for double post, missed this.

Typically the close the markets at 11:00pm.

Sorry for double post, missed this.

Typically the close the markets at 11:00pm.

Wasnt expecting them to be open, but thought they would still show them or something. Only odds I could find were last updated at 8pm and on some site I'd never heard of.

Guessing this means you have no knowledge of the situation?

Samoa Joe was the hottest thing going in 2006 and even 2007 but TNA wanted to wait and believed that "the money is in the chase". As such, fans lost interest by the time he eventually won the title in 2008. The money is in the pay off, not the chase. Nobody wants to pay to see their favourite wrestler screwed over for a year. They pay to see him win the big one. TNA waited too long. They got an increased buy rate but nothing compared to what it would have been a year earlier.

The TNA comment was meant as a joke. I get your point but then surely if the money is in the payoff then the payoff should be at Mania. I'd love to see it happen this year but it would appear that the WWE have booked themselves into a corner with regards to the title match. I guess it all depends on what happens tonight. An alternative to Bryan winning the title at Mania is he gets screwed again tonight and Taker offers him a shot at the streak .

Wasnt expecting them to be open, but thought they would still show them or something. Only odds I could find were last updated at 8pm and on some site I'd never heard of.

Book still open with Sky bet according to odds checker. http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/wwe/wwe-elimination-chamber/wwe-title

The TNA comment was meant as a joke. I get your point but then surely if the money is in the payoff then the payoff should be at Mania. I'd love to see it happen this year but it would appear that the WWE have booked themselves into a corner with regards to the title match. I guess it all depends on what happens tonight. An alternative to Bryan winning the title at Mania is he gets screwed again tonight and Taker offers him a shot at the streak .

Wrestlemania 30 is the perfect time. He isnt going to get any popular and the only way is down. If WWE have any sense, they will fcuk the Batista vs Orton plans out the window and go with Bryan. Have Batista screw Bryan tonight then Bryan has to fight his way in to make it a three way.

Book still open with Sky bet according to odds checker. http://www.oddschecker.com/tv/wwe/wwe-elimination-chamber/wwe-title

Thank you!

Outlaws seem like the only one that isnt a sure thing. 1/100 for Batista!

Wrestlemania 30 is the perfect time. He isnt going to get any popular and the only way is down. If WWE have any sense, they will fcuk the Batista vs Orton plans out the window and go with Bryan. Have Batista screw Bryan tonight then Bryan has to fight his way in to make it a three way.

Or Batista puts his title shot on the line against Bryan and Bryan wins his spot. I seem to remember reading that Vince hates the idea of triple threats/fatal four ways headlining mania and now believes the main event should always be one on one.

Or Batista puts his title shot on the line against Bryan and Bryan wins his spot. I seem to remember reading that Vince hates the idea of triple threats/fatal four ways headlining mania and now believes the main event should always be one on one.

Batista has no reason to put it on the line though. It was obviously just be for the sake of it. I'd also guess Batista has it in his contract that he main events.

The last Wrestlemania main event three way went down pretty well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement