Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster in limerick

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

just announced

an extra date added to garth brooks a 4th gig

monday 28th of july at croke park

tickets go on sale thursday at 9am

guess the demand was there after all;)

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Limerick91

When will people start queueing outside Gleesons!!!!

Limerick91 wrote: »

im heading down now :D tent and a flask ill be grand. maybe ill need a portalou also

for the love of god i hope everyone learned their lesson and just try to get them online instead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Paulegend wrote: »
    im heading down now :D tent and a flask ill be grand. maybe ill need a portalou also

for the love of god i hope everyone learned their lesson and just try to get them online instead

Bring one of these to sit in :D
    inflatable_rubber_boat_air_rubber_boat_inflatable.jpg

Bring one of these to sit in :D

i was thinking more like this :D

20101024124405581.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

:D

water-walking-ball.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

seachto7 wrote: »
    In fact, there's also another Facebook page trying to get Brooks to Thomond park. Some of the comments are not helping the cause.

The funniest thing I read on that page was one of the moderators saying they want him to play at Thomond Park over the Gaelic Grounds because "Thomond Park is so much bigger".

Thomond Park Capacity : 26,000
    Gaelic Grounds Capacity : 50,000

Pandiani wrote: »
    The funniest thing I read on that page was one of the moderators saying they want him to play at Thomond Park over the Gaelic Grounds because "Thomond Park is so much bigger".

Thomond Park Capacity : 26,000
    Gaelic Grounds Capacity : 50,000

yea there was a rumour that people where throwing around on boards aswell that the Gaelic grounds was only going to be a capacity of 20'000 somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Ticketmaster are going to allow extra provisions to ensure that people in Limerick who lost out on getting tickets due to technical difficulties the last time, are sorted out for his extra concert date.

Technical difficulties, guess that's an answer?

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/limerick-garth-brooks-tickets-1296762-Feb2014/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/my-limerick-fans-need-some-special-attention-i-will-make-sure-they-get-tickets-29974723.html

‘My Limerick fans need some special attention – I will make sure they get tickets’
    Country singer goes on local radio in Limerick to promise fans they will get tickets to his fourth concert date.

T'is fe*king madness Ted!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/my-limerick-fans-need-some-special-attention-i-will-make-sure-they-get-tickets-29974723.html

‘My Limerick fans need some special attention – I will make sure they get tickets’
    Country singer goes on local radio in Limerick to promise fans they will get tickets to his fourth concert date.

T'is fe*king madness Ted!

Hello Limerick

I'll be down to yee soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

An extra date added, and you still have people moaning on the Facebook pages that he's not playing "Toomont" Park. Unreal.

I wonder will yer wan from the other day still go on the radio tonight if Niall Boylan decides to run with it that is.

I have no vested interest in G Brooks, or Gleesons, nor am I related to anyone there. I do get annoyed with numpties though.

seachto7 wrote: »
    An extra date added, and you still have people moaning on the Facebook pages that he's not playing "Toomont" Park. Unreal.

I wonder will yer wan from the other day still go on the radio tonight if Niall Boylan decides to run with it that is.

I have no vested interest in G Brooks, or Gleesons, nor am I related to anyone there. I do get annoyed with numpties though.

have a little respect at least will you

you might get annoyed at numpties but i think youll find attitudes like yours might be considered by many as annoying.

nobody is forcing you to read all this stuff. noone is forcing you to pay any attention to garth brooks.

as far as im concerned i can only see one side of the arguement having any numpties and it aint the ones your trying to wind up mate

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

Limerick91 wrote: »

If this fiasco has taught people anything, I hope it's to get your tickets ONLINE!!!

It's totally up to you then, and you're not leaving it to chance in incompetent hands.

I think it would be pure madness to trust Gleeson's to get it right this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Paulegend wrote: »
    have a little respect at least will you

you might get annoyed at numpties but i think youll find attitudes like yours might be considered by many as annoying.

nobody is forcing you to read all this stuff. noone is forcing you to pay any attention to garth brooks.

as far as im concerned i can only see one side of the arguement having any numpties and it aint the ones your trying to wind up mate

*yawn*

There are a few I could point out on the Facebook pages, but I'll save them the embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Some people never learn. Just saw this on Facebook :pac:
    292449.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

Walked passed Gleesons at lunch, about 25 people queuing already.

They deserve everything they get if they didn't take anything on board from last week.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Insanity or stupidity?

• Advertisement

anyone here get tickets in gleesons this morning?? surely with a 5th date everyone has been sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I'd say everyone got sorted. Got 3 online myself and the OH got 4 online this morning. Delighted. This will really mess up the touts I would imagine.

yea delighted for the touts. id say there will be quiet a few red faced touts this evening wondering how to get a return on their 70 quid investment per ticket. can be quiet expensive if they have 6

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Seriously? Watching the buy it now online along with auctions and they are still trading at minimum of €150 per ticket and more depending on the night or seat.

I still only want tickets for fro or Saturday so will wait for the prices to drop over the weeks.

thats all 5 shows now sold out

wait until a couple of weeks before the gig and youll get tickets close to asking price. but to be fair if your looking for only fri or sat your going to be robbed by touts. silly to pay over 100 quid when you could have paid face value and just went on sun mon or tues

It would be silly to pay over the odds for the weekend show but I know we cannot afford to take 2 days off for a Monday or Tuesday show.

I'm caught without tickets yet have hotels and others have tickets but cannot afford the hotels. Ah well. I'll sit in my hotel bookings until closer to the date and if I can't get a ticket then I will offer the hotels to people I know with tickets. They would be glad of them at the price I've confirmed the rooms at.

its a shame you didnt get the tickets anyway. you might have had a better chance at swapping them on toutless.com keep an eye on toutless.com for the tickets either way. they only sell for face value on there. also post it on facebook. youd be surprised how many people you didnt even know liked him will be going. some of them might have spares etc. if i hear of anything ill send you a pm but as far as i know a few of my mates where even stuck to get tickets so i dont think ill know of many floating about.

i hope you get them anyway and your not ripped off. paying a few quid over face value ive never had an issue with because of expenses like booking fees or postage etc but id hate to see touts making cash from people who just want to go to a bloody concert

I'm subscribed on tout less and the thread and people are already trying to swap Tuesday tickets. One guy which annoys me says he has 6 tickets for Tuesday he doesn't want. Why the fvck did he buy them so if he's selling at face value?

Sigh

Advertisement