Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster in limerick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

MrLaurel wrote: »
    I'll finish by saying that if Empire Music had still held the Ticketmaster franchise for Limerick, this wouldn't have happened.

Oh christ sake - if Empire Music had still held the contract everyone in the queue would have gotten a ticket - get real!
    Paulegend wrote: »
    so by your reckoning i can become the only ticketmaster outlet in town and refuse to sell tickets to the public??

your so wrong on so many levels

dont try to defend the indefendable

I believe you are wrong sir! Where did they refuse to sell tickets to the public???

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mc Love wrote: »
    I believe you are wrong sir! Where did they refuse to sell tickets to the public???

3rd(or so) lady in the door in fact who only wanted one ticket. They, initially, refused to sell it to her and said she must order more. She kicked up a fuss and eventually got her ticket.

Beer Baron wrote: »
    3rd(or so) lady in the door in fact who only wanted one ticket. They, initially, refused to sell it to her and said she must order more. She kicked up a fuss and eventually got her ticket.

That whole situation seems strange to be honest without knowing the whole facts! Not saying it didnt happen but there must have been some reason she got refused in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

Feel bad for those who queued days and got none. I doubt Glessons were fully prepared and I bet they might loose the licence as an agent. I had a feeling something would go wrong that is why I went online to get tickets. Although it was not for the day wanted I still got them via the Uk site. If the allocation was 6 or 4 at outlets around the country I think it should have been 2.

It really should have been two even online! There is so many tickets on ebay at the moment for ridiculous prices!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Oh christ sake - if Empire Music had still held the contract everyone in the queue would have gotten a ticket - get real!

as stated the lady that was refused a single ticket. she was refused because it would take them time to do the booking that they could have spent on someone buying more than just one ticket. that is the reason of course.

also being the only ticketmaster outlet in the country opening 45 mins late.......................... that is a refusal to sell to the public.

are you really ignorant enough to think they where sitting down inside with the shutters down drinking coffee?? of course they where printing out tickets and booking tickets. problem is they where doing it for their friends and friends of the business.

i havent even been queing as i got them online. but im outraged that some local business will take this whole "dont worry everyone we are your saviours" attitude and just screw the public because the owner has other business friends that got priority.

i dont spend a lot in gleesons sports anyway but from here on in screw them. if they dont want customers i hope their business friends will keep them open instead. ill advise any of my friends to do the same.

it isnt just incompetence that screwed normal people. it is one word and that is greed

It really should have been two even online! There is so many tickets on ebay at the moment for ridiculous prices!

wonder how many of the originated from gleesons staff?

wonder how many of the originated from gleesons staff?

You know where to ask?!

You know where to ask?!

yea and i know what id be told too.

anyways for everyone else there is a facebook page trying to get ticketmaster out of gleesons. not that it will work. but at least a few more likes "could" help

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Remove-Tickermaster-From-Gleeson-Sports-Scene/617086085038136?notif_t=fbpage_fan_invite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

That facebook page is a joke. I got thrown off it today for questioning a few people on what they believe they were entitled to. Some seem to believe they were entitled to toilets and entitled to tickets just because they queued. One of them even went as far as to threaten someone they would complain him to the gardai and his workplace for "stalking" her on the facebook page.

The page has been reported by a good few, so hopefully it gets taken down.

Anyone who dares challange them gets the boot.

A few of them are also apparently going to phone in to Niall Boylan on Monday night, assuming he covers it, they've asked him.

I can't wait to tune in and possibly contribute to Niall Boylan's show on Monday...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Saw the page. It's gas. Read the messages between the girl and Niall boylan. They'll speak to her because its good for ratings etc. The page itself is doing a disservice to those with a genuine grievance against gleesons.

Unreal, most of the sensible posts got deleted, and the girl in question got fairly thick herself when things didn't go her way. Looking forward to hearing her on Monday night, and who knows, I may even ring in and troll her....

seachto7 wrote: »
    Unreal, most of the sensible posts got deleted, and the girl in question got fairly thick herself when things didn't go her way. Looking forward to hearing her on Monday night, and who knows, I may even ring in and troll her....

you seem like an upstanding citizen

too bad there is so much of this "f##k you, im ok" attitude going around the country these days. i thought Irish people stuck together and stood up for what is right.

Some of the comments, assumptions and insinuations on the facebook page are a joke, and a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

I don't agree with Gleesons opening late but that Facebook page is ridiculous. These Facebook "protest" pages are becoming a joke. I assume all the people ranting there have taken the time to send a legible complaint to Ticketmaster?

It would be more in their line to be complaining about queues in A&E than outside Gleesons for some poxy gig. But judging by the mindset of the posters on the Facebook page, it wouldn't even enter their heads. I hope they show themselves up on radio.

It would be more in their line to be complaining about queues in A&E than outside Gleesons for some poxy gig. But judging by the mindset of the posters on the Facebook page, it wouldn't even enter their heads. I hope they show themselves up on radio.

you seem to have a lot of time for talking about this "poxy" gig. i assume given your earlier 2troll" comment that your just looking for reactions so this is where i leave our discussion. well done mate. you deserve a humanitarian award for your empathy of man kind

Good stuff Paulegend. I'll listen in for you on Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

I assume all the people ranting there have taken the time to send a legible complaint to Ticketmaster?

I personally know a fair few people who have made official complaints to Ticketmaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Seems that some people are overreacting a bit.

Still, Ticketmaster should investigate and find out the true story. If Glessons don't represent their brand to their standards they then should find a franchisee that does.

No obligation on Gleesons either to continue the franchise if it's giving them hassle.

• Advertisement

Seems that some people are overreacting a bit.

Still, Ticketmaster should investigate and find out the true story. If Glessons don't represent their brand to their standards they then should find a franchisee that does.

No obligation on Gleesons either to continue the franchise if it's giving them hassle.

nobody forced them to look for the contract either. the fact is the contract im sure has financial benefits as well as bringing other business to the store.

gleeson's are not the victim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Grow up, there are no victims, just some over-reactors!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

testicle wrote: »

Fair point. It's a concert, not life-saving medicine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

nobody forced them to look for the contract either. the fact is the contract im sure has financial benefits as well as bringing other business to the store.

gleeson's are not the victim

I'm not saying they are victims, just possibly not capable of running a Ticketmaster franchise. If that is the case they should walk away or Ticketmaster should pull the plug on them.

reasonable expectation of service

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gnashman

thee will be a 4th concert negotiations ar under way on todays paper

No doubt in "Toomont park" because those who queued "deserve" it.

No doubt in "Toomont park" because those who queued "deserve" it.

nah noone is saying that they deserved to get a ticket for queing up. but they did deserve a chance to get a ticket as every other ticketmaster outlet was opening just before 9. in fact thats almost an hour head start other outlets gave customers.

nobody deserves a ticket.

that all said if the demand is there i see no reason why there wouldnt be a 4th gig and maybe down this side of the country. whether thats in limerick cork or galway is the business of the organisers. i think we can all agree on that

Many folk on the Facebook page seem to think they deserve a ticket and public toilets just because they queued. The most vocal of them is hoping to be on the radio tomorrow night, but in the style of the people posting on that page - "dems be brakes".

In fact, there's also another Facebook page trying to get Brooks to Thomond park. Some of the comments are not helping the cause. A bloke calling everyone in Dublin a shower of w*nkers because the gigs are all on in Dublin. Sorry but they're coming across as the stereotype Brooks fan at this stage - ignorant boggers/nackers. Not helping themselves at all.

• Advertisement

Many folk on the Facebook page seem to think they deserve a ticket and public toilets just because they queued. The most vocal of them is hoping to be on the radio tomorrow night, but in the style of the people posting on that page - "dems be brakes".

In fact, there's also another Facebook page trying to get Brooks to Thomond park. Some of the comments are not helping the cause. A bloke calling everyone in Dublin a shower of w*nkers because the gigs are all on in Dublin. Sorry but they're coming across as the stereotype Brooks fan at this stage - ignorant boggers/nackers. Not helping themselves at all.

people in dublin dont like garth brooks??

why do you care so much when you dont care about the concert?

id take garth brooks fans over rhianna fans any day of the week

guess what mate its the internet you dont need a mentality test to post on it. god knows there probably should be but as you say "dem the brakes".

i find it funny the fact that a few in here are posting even though they would never even want a ticket. so either they are on a wind up or they have something invested such as themselves, a family member or friend working in gleesons.

its simple sense.

firstly, the people queing are not enitiled to anything except the chance to buy tickets when the tickets go on sale.

secondly, the outlet either ****ed up or else the outlet printed tickets for their friends and friends of the business. i am not naive enough to think they sat around for 45 mins doing nothing.

you seem to be very defensive about something you dont care about.

everyone elses point is that what gleesons did is not right. no other point. nothing about entitlement.

they are not the victims and the customers are victims whether you like to admit it or not.
    testicle wrote: »

victim:

a person harmed, injured, or killed as a result of a crime, accident, or other event or action.

harm:

noun
    noun: harm

physical injury, especially that which is deliberately inflicted.
    "I didn't mean to cause him any harm"
    synonyms: injury, hurt, pain, suffering, distress, anguish, trauma, torment, grief; More
    antonyms: benefit

material damage.
    "it's unlikely to do much harm to the engine"

actual or potential ill effects or danger.
    "there's no harm in asking her"
    synonyms: evil, badness, wrong, mischief, wrongdoing, immorality, ill, wickedness, vice, iniquity, sin, sinfulness, nefariousness More
    antonyms: good

verb
    verb: harm

3rd person present: harms; past tense: harmed; past participle: harmed; gerund or present participle: harming

- physically injure.
    "the villains didn't harm him"
    synonyms: injure, hurt, wound, maltreat, mistreat, misuse, ill-treat, ill-use, abuse, molest, inflict pain on, inflict suffering on, handle/treat roughly, do violence to, lay a finger on; More
    antonyms: benefit, improve

- damage the health of.
    "smoking when pregnant can harm your baby"

- have an adverse effect on.
    "this could harm his World Cup prospects"

in this case the persons or persons where harmed by the actions of gleesons. they where harmed (verb) by the failure of gleesons top perform their jobs to the minimum standard expected.

gleesons are in the wrong

anyone trying to say otherwise has an agenda or is trying to just take the piss out of people that are upset by it.

if you dont care then move on. if you do care then at least try to bring something to the argument other than "people dont deserve" because they did deserve a chance.

#lawyered

Advertisement