Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster in limerick

Options
  • 23-01-2014 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I was just wondering if Gleeson sports are the only ticket master outlet in limerick?????. will people be lining up for ticket wed night???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya I think they are the only ones now. Should be on the ticket master website a list of retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gnashman

thanks jofspring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

is the one in town not a ticketmaster still? whatever the shop is called now after empire music closed down. they opened som shop that sells cheap crap but they where still doing the ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

Paulegend wrote: »
    is the one in town not a ticketmaster still? whatever the shop is called now after empire music closed down. they opened som shop that sells cheap crap but they where still doing the ticketmaster

They are no longer a ticketmaster agent, Gleeson Sports are the only ones in Limerick. Trying yourself to get tickets online is the best way in my opinion rather than queuing up in the cold and rain overnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Pandiani wrote: »
    They are no longer a ticketmaster agent, Gleeson Sports are the only ones in Limerick. Trying yourself to get tickets online is the best way in my opinion rather than queuing up in the cold and rain overnight.

didnt realise that dam that sucks

but yea the best way is online. queuing up and being close to the front of the que isnt even a guarantee you'll get tickets

• Advertisement

Before Empire used to print the tickets before they even opened the doors. From what people were saying about recent events that doesn't seem to be allowed anymore. Better to be ready to go right before they go on sale with a reliable internet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Jofspring wrote: »
    Before Empire used to print the tickets before they even opened the doors. From what people were saying about recent events that doesn't seem to be allowed anymore. Better to be ready to go right before they go on sale with a reliable internet connection.
    Gleeson do that now. Did it for fall out boy anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭randomperson12

hows this the thread of the day

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

Wont queue up. Will get them online. I sure hope I get them. my brother saw Garth in 97 and wants to see him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Queue outside at 11:30pm as far as the cafe. It's 4 nights, that 240,000 tickets. Madness queuing for it when you can go online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Letsdoit

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Queue outside at 11:30pm as far as the cafe. It's 4 nights, that 240,000 tickets. Madness queuing for it when you can go online.

Whats your souces that says it 4 nights nothing has been confirmed.

the irish independent had a story on it 2 days ago google it

gnashman wrote: »

"The singer hinted that he wants to perform more than just two nights in Dublin and a night in Belfast."

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/garth-brooks-hints-at-more-tour-dates-for-ireland-29953186.html

How does this confirm 4 dates?

in 97 he played 2 nights and a 3rd added after all tickets were sold same will happen here

in 97 he played 2 nights and a 3rd added after all tickets were sold same will happen here

When did I ask about 97? I never said he wouldn't add more dates I asked for confirmation from a post where the person stated 4 days...

Forgot to add maybe you should of googled it!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Gareth Brooks....Are people for real!!! get with the times, all the has beens coming to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Gareth Brooks....Are people for real!!! get with the times, all the has beens coming to Ireland.

Garth Brooks.

Passed Gleesons at lunch time, there is some crowd there already, the queue has turned the corner and is now stretch across from the Horse and Hound side entrance, don't understand why people would queue myself, most of the tickets will be got online so a good internet connection would be preferable to queuing. Wouldn't be so sure of added dates either, Croke Park used have a limit of 3 non sporting events per year in their license agreement, obviously this has changed as there was 4 concerts in 2009 and 5 confirmed concerts this year already but that would make me doubt that there will be more dates added, does anyone know how many they are allowed have now?

Wonder could his potential extra dates be connected to this... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057131287

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/garth-brooks-dublin-07-26-2014/event/18004C3DC0C92F9D?artistid=732705&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=2

stage is on hill 16 at least 80000 tickets per show hopefully.....best of luck everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭McSween

One of the highest selling performers of all time. Grow up.

I'm just back in the hotel in Galway. Internet seems to be fine so shall try in the morning. Big queue on shop street outside ticketmaster outlet. Guy at front of queue wearing black Garth hat, people playing the Garth CDs. Drunks oddly ignoring the crowd , for now. Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Apparently the Guards were called to the queue in Limerick.

why was that?????????????????????

Heard there was only 64 tickets sold there, people who queued since Tuesday got none, saw this on twitter. Guards called to stop a riot.

Gleesons, apparently, didn't open till 9:40am and most of the Allocation given to the "Retail Outlets"(like Gleesons) were mostly snapped up by the other outlets by the time they opened the door meaning only a few people at the front of the queue could get tickets(if they all took 6 each).

You'd go off you rocker. "IF" it's all true then I'm sure Ticketmaster, although cannot get people tickets now, will maybe find another agent for future sales.

According to someone on 95fm, 43 people were served. That's an allowance of 6 tickets each and they ran out of their allocation. It was said queuing wasn't a guarantee as you were competing with the online sales.

I tried to get a ticket for two hours but the ticket master site kept crashing me and I had to start again. At one stage it was after 45 minutes waiting. Didn't get one in the end, gutted.

Limerick Leader are saying 40 people got tickets, had heard there was 4 ticket limit in Gleesons

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LouLouBaby

testicle wrote: »
    Apparently the Guards were called to the queue in Limerick.

The guards were only called for crowd control and traffic calming - see this from the Henry street spokesperson

“Around 100 people didn’t get tickets and I think staff were afraid what would happen,” a spokesperson for Henry Street Garda Station in Limerick said.

There were no injuries or trouble after the store ran out of tickets but Gardai were called to manage the large crowds and traffic.

“There was a large crowd and although they tried to get through as many people as they could, there were a few disappointed people.

“There was no hassle but there are no cameras in the area so we sent a unit up to make sure everything went okay,” the spokesperson said.

This sensationalist journalism as per Live 95fm and the Independent with their totally misleading headlines needs to be addressed!!!!!! Really irritates me!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭McSween

LouLouBaby wrote: »
    This sensationalist journalism as per Live 95fm and the Independent with their totally misleading headlines needs to be addressed!!!!!! Really irritates me!!!!!!

Completely agree with you. First thing to do with these articles is look for the quotes to find out what actually happened.

Advertisement