Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster in limerick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LouLouBaby

McSween wrote: »
    Completely agree with you. First thing to do with these articles is look for the quotes to find out what actually happened.

Definitely from the headlines you'd swear people were kicking the head off each other and then you read the article and realise that the guards were basically directing traffic in the area!!! (rant over I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

They didn't open their doors on time, so they must have been some kind of problem with their system.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/what-s-on/arts-entertainment/music/anger-in-limerick-as-fans-fail-to-secure-garth-brooks-tickets-1-5844884

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    They didn't open their doors on time, so they must have been some kind of problem with their system.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/what-s-on/arts-entertainment/music/anger-in-limerick-as-fans-fail-to-secure-garth-brooks-tickets-1-5844884

or they where printing out tickets for people they did promise tickets for. it would be easier to do that if there were no customers watching it happen

not right at all. gleesons should be ashamed of themselves for opening 45 mins late ffs

Only 240 tickets sold in the only Ticketmaster location in Limerick?? Are they really that incompetent? You'd think they'd have plenty of experience dealing with high volume ticket sales after 1D's concerts.

Terrible for all the people who queued, when only just over 40 people were served.

http://www.limerickpost.ie/2014/01/30/garth-brooks-fans-left-disappointed-in-limerick/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭Hooked

testicle wrote: »
    Apparently the Guards were called to the queue in Limerick.

Called to jump the queue, more like... If the rumours are to be believed.

Can I just ask a silly question... What's in this for Steve Gleeson. Why run the ticketmaster sales? Surely it can't be a massive cut on 240 tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 AaronJack

Gleesons sports store should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for what they did today, some people were in the queue for nearly 48 hours in the freezing cold and THEY decided to make them wait until near 9.45 before letting people in, with so many people let down it makes you think what was going on behind closed doors AND the shutters down, now we all know that places like this will give the staff first choice as this always happens but i think and most of the people in the queue that i spoke to believe that it was more than staff that got "looked after" with tickets hence the lame excuse that they were not opening at 9 because they were printing as many tickets as they could, you would wonder who they were doing this for because they only left 2 people in at a time and it took close to 7 or 8 minutes for them to come back out, why would it take this long if they were printed already? a girl and her friend went in together one bought 6 tickets (the maximum you could buy by the way) and the other only wanted one ticket yes 1 ticket and was refused she came out sobbing her heart out after waiting 2 days to be told she could'nt buy 1, when people complained she was brought back in and got her ticket ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STADIUM away from all her friends on her own, the security guys on the door who dont work for gleesons said it was a major mess, it was a complete shambles on gleesons and some NOT ALL of there staff inside were very rude and ignorant, i witnessed alot of this happening as i was waiting for my wife who queued since tuesday and was one of the last few to get tickets and she didnt get out of the shop until after 11 o'clock,

one a better note great credit must go to Brunch restaurant who stayed open all night last night and from yesterday gave an endless supply of hot water for hot water bottles some people even charged there mobile phones in the shop free of charge not to mention the use of the toilets, when people are tired and cold you really appreciate the goodness and kindness of others

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭moby2101

Firstly can I say I feel for the people who queued in the cold and the rain and came away empty handed..

I queued many times myself for U2 tix back on the late 80 's and 90's before the dawn of online sales...
    Herein lies the problem.. as everyone knows that each person(transaction) can buy a max of 6 tix.. Do the maths they sold 3 gigs in 20 mins..
    You can't blame Gleesons for the lack of tickets they managed to print in the timeframe that was available before sellout.

Unless you are very high in the queue 30 or so in this case you will not get a ticket by this method.. can't understand these long queues..it makes no sense, you stand a much better chance on your mobile/laptop/desktop.
    At least 20% of all tickets will have gone to presale and commercial also..
    Limit the no per transaction to either 2 or 4 and it might even up the odds a little

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

AaronJack wrote: »
    Gleesons sports store should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for what they did today, some people were in the queue for nearly 48 hours in the freezing cold and THEY decided to make them wait until near 9.45 before letting people in, with so many people let down it makes you think what was going on behind closed doors AND the shutters down, now we all know that places like this will give the staff first choice as this always happens but i think and most of the people in the queue that i spoke to believe that it was more than staff that got "looked after" with tickets hence the lame excuse that they were not opening at 9 because they were printing as many tickets as they could, you would wonder who they were doing this for because they only left 2 people in at a time and it took close to 7 or 8 minutes for them to come back out, why would it take this long if they were printed already? a girl and her friend went in together one bought 6 tickets (the maximum you could buy by the way) and the other only wanted one ticket yes 1 ticket and was refused she came out sobbing her heart out after waiting 2 days to be told she could'nt buy 1, when people complained she was brought back in and got her ticket ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STADIUM away from all her friends on her own, the security guys on the door who dont work for gleesons said it was a major mess, it was a complete shambles on gleesons and some NOT ALL of there staff inside were very rude and ignorant, i witnessed alot of this happening as i was waiting for my wife who queued since tuesday and was one of the last few to get tickets and she didnt get out of the shop until after 11 o'clock,

one a better note great credit must go to Brunch restaurant who stayed open all night last night and from yesterday gave an endless supply of hot water for hot water bottles some people even charged there mobile phones in the shop free of charge not to mention the use of the toilets, when people are tired and cold you really appreciate the goodness and kindness of others
    If this is all you have bothering you, when you get out of bed tomorrow, thank whatever God you believe in for your blessings.

People understand that it's the luck of the draw, but why they're so outraged at Gleesons is that they didn't even open their doors at 9am. Why weren't they ready to let the first customer, cash in hand, to be standing at the till at 9am on the button? To be given a fair shot like everyone else online and at other Ticketmaster outlets?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Sully777

jbkenn wrote: »
    If this is all you have bothering you, when you get out of bed tomorrow, thank whatever God you believe in for your blessings.

The guy made a fair point unlike your remarks which added nothing to the debate.

Yes my cousin was there as well and came away very disappointed. Maybe a fourth concert might come up?

• Advertisement

Sully777 wrote: »
    Yes my cousin was there as well and came away very disappointed. Maybe a fourth concert might come up?

I think there's some GAA final on, which means it wouldn't be possible to get the pitch ready on time if there was to be another date.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AaronJack

jbkenn wrote: »

Do I sound bothered ?

Cherrycoke wrote: »
    I think there's some GAA final on, which means it wouldn't be possible to get the pitch ready on time if there was to be another date.

and what is stopping the 4th date to be the thursday before the 1st gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭bennyl10

moby2101 wrote: »
    Firstly can I say I feel for the people who queued in the cold and the rain and came away empty handed..

I queued many times myself for U2 tix back on the late 80 's and 90's before the dawn of online sales...
    Herein lies the problem.. as everyone knows that each person(transaction) can buy a max of 6 tix.. Do the maths they sold 3 gigs in 20 mins..
    You can't blame Gleesons for the lack of tickets they managed to print in the timeframe that was available before sellout.

Unless you are very high in the queue 30 or so in this case you will not get a ticket by this method.. can't understand these long queues..it makes no sense, you stand a much better chance on your mobile/laptop/desktop.
    At least 20% of all tickets will have gone to presale and commercial also..
    Limit the no per transaction to either 2 or 4 and it might even up the odds a little

When It was empire(who ticketmaster should really give the licence back to) they managed to always serve the majority of the que.. primarily due to opening on time!!

There is absolutely no excuse for not opening for an hour later than advertised! Sympathy, when other shops in the country were able to fufill ques? Gleesons should be damn ashamed.. They really have to get their act together, for Faall Out BOy they only managed to get 11 printed, despite there being about 20 in the que waiting.. you'd think they'd have been slightly more prepared..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

There is no way they should be allowed operate a Ticketmaster Outlet if they can't open the doors on time.

I wasn't there myself but I could tolerate it if the tickets sold out with them opening at 9.
    At least you had some fair chance at getting one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

There seems to be people now who were told there were "plenty of tickets" and therefore now think, that just because they didn't get a ticket, they are entitled to an extra concert date?

Glessons are under no obligation to provide tickets for anyone just because they queued up outside. Them's the breaks.

seachto7 wrote: »
    There seems to be people now who were told there were "plenty of tickets" and therefore now think, that just because they didn't get a ticket, they are entitled to an extra concert date?

Glessons are under no obligation to provide tickets for anyone just because they queued up outside. Them's the breaks.

as a ticketmaster outlet they are obliged to serve the customers and not just friends of the business ;)

they are a disgrace and i for one hope people that are disgruntled with them just never ever give them business again.

no excuse for opening an hour late

if they dont care about customers, lets see how long they stay open without them

Paulegend wrote: »
    as a ticketmaster outlet they are obliged to serve the customers and not just friends of the business ;)

they are a disgrace and i for one hope people that are disgruntled with them just never ever give them business again.

no excuse for opening an hour late

if they dont care about customers, lets see how long they stay open without them

Unless you can prove this, then it's just a rumour.

Unless you can prove this, then it's just a rumour.

I'm sure that so many complaints have gone to Ticketmaster about this store and how they handled things. It'll be easy enough for Ticketmaster to see how many tickets they sold before 9:40am, obviously these tickets were not sold to the queue.

Well let's wait and see. I'm not saying they did or did not, but I'm not going to base my opinion on hearsay.

I would like to know why they opened at 9:40?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭kerrylad1

Lads go on donedeal.ie,rakes of people selling tickets at more or less face value,Alot of people just booked 6 tickets for the sake of it,and are now left trying to get rid of their extra,s.Best of luck.

I would like to know why they opened at 9:40?

Me too, and a lot of others I'm sure. If it's not for an underhand reason, then I don't know why he's so slow in coming forward with the reason :confused:

I can imagine either way, ticketmaster might take it off them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I find it a bit strange that the shop didn't open until 09:45 however if they normally open at that time or even 10 then I can totally understand. People need to get off their high horses, gleesons is a sports shop first and foremost and if they lose business over something that was out of their hands I'd say they are better off losing those customers if this is the type of reaction that they are getting to provide a 3rd party service!

Staff at the shop told people not to queue and they still did. Tickets could be purchased online or over the phone so I cant see how people can complain, queuing for tickets doesnt guarantee you a ticket!

There are also a number of people who probably queued for their last gig 10 years ago, or the last Garth Brooks gig! So, some lad comes out of the shop and tells the people in the queue they're be plenty of tickets available. There are no guarantees with tickets.
    So, they don't get tickets, and have camped out for a few days, and feel pretty ticked off over it, and expect something to be done about it. Don't hold your breath folks.

Why they queued in the first place, I don't know? Book them online!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Outlets have a different allocation to online so by queuing you are buying from a different pool of tickets.

It's still first come first served with that pool of tickets but as the outlets are limited, unlike squillions of folks online, then you stand a better chance and even better at the front of said queues.

If the people on the street were not aware it was not open at 9am then fair enough but I doubt they were aware. I've spoken to somebody in the queue who was not aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Outlets have a different allocation to online so by queuing you are buying from a different pool of tickets.

It's still first come first served with that pool of tickets but as the outlets are limited, unlike squillions of folks online, then you stand a better chance and even better at the front of said queues.

If the people on the street were not aware it was not open at 9am then fair enough but I doubt they were aware. I've spoken to somebody in the queue who was not aware.

Nope, all from the same server

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭MrLaurel

Mc Love wrote: »
    I find it a bit strange that the shop didn't open until 09:45 however if they normally open at that time or even 10 then I can totally understand. People need to get off their high horses, gleesons is a sports shop first and foremost and if they lose business over something that was out of their hands I'd say they are better off losing those customers if this is the type of reaction that they are getting to provide a 3rd party service!

Staff at the shop told people not to queue and they still did. Tickets could be purchased online or over the phone so I cant see how people can complain, queuing for tickets doesnt guarantee you a ticket!

This defence of Gleesons makes me mad. They were awarded the Ticketmaster Limerick franchise to sell tickets over the counter to those who wish to buy them.

They totally [EMAIL="f@@ked"]f@@ked[/EMAIL] up their first big concert sale. On MCLove's point above on opening hours - see this link - http://www.gleesonsport.ie/ scroll to the bottom - Opening Hours Monday - Saturday 9am - 6pm.

Selling concert tickets for Garth Brooks is a time demanding exercise in getting as many printed as fast as possible from the time Ticketmaster allows you to do so. I have to assume it's 9am. The fact they opened their doors at 9.45am shows what inexperience does to you, especially when you add incompetence to the mix. I take McLove's other point that queuing for tickets doesn't guarantee a ticket but it should guarantee that you're near the doors for when they should have opened at 9am as per Gleesons website.

Gleeson's is indeed a sports shop, nobody forced them to become Ticketmaster agents but please don't defend them by saying they shouldn't have to take blame for providing a third party service.

I'll finish by saying that if Empire Music had still held the Ticketmaster franchise for Limerick, this wouldn't have happened.

Mc Love wrote: »

so by your reckoning i can become the only ticketmaster outlet in town and refuse to sell tickets to the public??

your so wrong on so many levels

dont try to defend the indefendable

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

I think they didn't open at 9 so they could print as many as possible if they did dingle transactions asking what nights and seats then taking money/cards alot less would have got tickets

Advertisement