Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chase

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Great show, delighted they won that award tonight :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

sligojoek wrote: »
    the-chase-wins-an-nta-136403465445503901-160120230635.jpg

Ah, lookit Anne without that awful suit on :eek:

And lookit the fecking SIZE of the beast!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Jaysis! Anne Hegerty looking good!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'd let her catch me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

A friend of mine worked with Anne on a panto after christmas on the Isle of Wight. He said she was lovely but very shy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

sligojoek wrote: »
    the-chase-wins-an-nta-136403465445503901-160120230635.jpg

Y'know that's a photo from last year, right? :P

This is three of them from this year, Jenny tweeting away before the show started:
    C3CVBQ_XAAwnzDm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

^^^^^^^^

I didn't know that. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

My stepdad, watching an episode on Be3: "They must have got rid of the Vixen."

Me: "That episode was made two years ago."

I should also point out he's not a fan of Jenny. Shame, really. :o:o;)

Meanwhile, here's the Beast somehow thinking that it goes "Monday, Tuesday, Happy Days, Wednesday, Thursday, Happy Days..." :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭joejoe87

Watched a show called sugar free farm (or similar) recently and the beast was on it, very unlikeable knob end

• Advertisement

joejoe87 wrote: »
    Watched a show called sugar free farm (or similar) recently and the beast was on it, very unlikeable knob end

Maybe that's how the producers of that show wanted to portray him?

Producers of certain TV shows do like to meddle about to suit their own ends. Heck, they'd portray Katie Hopkins as the greatest person who ever lived if they wanted to... :o:o:o :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Getting back on topic, here's the Dark Destroyer being interviewed by a local radio station in Coventry (with cameos from the Vixen and Eggheads Barry and Steve). As you can see, he's a genuinely lovely man away from the studio: :);)

The worst ever contestant? Nice girl, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

The post above got me thinking of Eggheads vs Chasers. Some serious brains there, Chasers would take them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Grayditch wrote: »
    The worst ever contestant? Nice girl, though.

there was a young lad on there a few weeks ago did as badly, looked shocked when he was being told the correct answers too, which tbh was hilarious :D

there was a young lad on there a few weeks ago did as badly, looked shocked when he was being told the correct answers too, which tbh was hilarious :D

I missed it I think. That girl today got zero in the cash builder and only one from the board. She was very young and at least has the craic with the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭valoren

joejoe87 wrote: »

He is called "The Beast". Not The Puppy Dog ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

ITV version today, contestant called Kelly took minus 6 thousand offer, twitter was not happy. The vitriol is something to behold.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Was watching the Chase today and there were two people, a man and a woman, left in the final chase. They did quite well getting 15, and got caught with about 4 seconds to go. They would have won it if not once, but twice the guy answered when the girl buzzed in. If I'd been stood next to him I would have lost it with him afterwards.

ITV version today, contestant called Kelly took minus 6 thousand offer, twitter was not happy. The vitriol is something to behold.

This guy no doubt nearly caused Twitter to crash... :rolleyes: :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I've just watched back tonight's episode on be3.... there was a contestant called Kelly on it but she took €5000..... is it a massive co-incidence and there was another Kelly on another episode on another channel on the same day???

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I've just watched back tonight's episode on be3.... there was a contestant called Kelly on it but she took €5000..... is it a massive co-incidence and there was another Kelly on another episode on another channel on the same day???

Suppose it is a bit of a coincidence, though not a rare name. This is the one I saw:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/chase-viewers-dub-kelly-snake-9834054?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

There's a sample of some of the twitter comments that followed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,737 ✭✭✭lertsnim

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    is it a massive co-incidence and there was another Kelly on another episode on another channel on the same day???

What else could it be but a coincidence.

lertsnim wrote: »
    What else could it be but a coincidence.

It could be a conspiracy!

Not the same conspiracy but I'm feeling a bit of a conspiracy theorist, I think Shaun Wallace threw the final chase today (on UK ITV). Took an age to answer, got some fairly easy questions wrong and generally looked like he wasn't trying! (and I know he's not the best chaser anyway, but struck me as being poorer than usual) Hmmmmmmmmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,737 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It was a chronic performance. Didn't know how many deadly sins there was and didn't know who Smokie were living next door to.

There's no way did he not throw that.

lertsnim wrote: »
    It was a chronic performance. Didn't know how many deadly sins there was and didn't know who Smokie were living next door to.

There's no way did he not throw that.

And NFL for American football.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Been watching this on Challenge for the last while. Out of curiosity, how often does the chaser lose in the Final Chase segment? I've become rather accustomed to a formula of the team building up a decent wad of cash during the individual rounds, and then being beaten in the final chase. Is this the norm, or do the team frequently manage to win in the final chase?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Out of curiosity, how often does the chaser lose in the Final Chase segment?

Approximately 1 in 4.

Advertisement