Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chase

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Good heavens, has the Sinnerman already been there five years?!? :eek: :eek:

Time flies when you're having fun, I suppose. :D;)

https://sinhaha.com/2016/09/08/five-years/

I think he should have just skipped over the throwing questions/celeb chase point.

We have never thrown questions.

The accusation of throwing questions is utterly bizarre in that the complete opposite is true. Chasers are all narcissistic dullards who want to show off to the world just how much we know. But what about the Celeb Chases? Those shows get us our bigger audience figures, and our need to show off is even greater. But we are human, and we all have our weaknesses. There are hundred and hundreds of very simple questions that I do not know the answer to.

The show doesn't work in a celebrity/charity format. You either will have the chaser 'robbing' charities of money 9 times out of 10 if played straight or you have to have the chaser 'throwing' the odd game in a totally unrealistic fashion.

The thing is, ITV are safe as its actually impossible to prove that the chaser is "throwing" the game, as how can you prove that someone should definitely be getting an answer right, even though we ALL know they blatantly are throwing the game.

Its painful to watch them getting simple answers wrong as we know why they are doing it, which makes a mockery of the show as a proper "quiz show".

Not to mention having to endure the likes of Kym Marsh, Antony Cotton and Joe Swash on tv!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I think he should have just skipped over the throwing questions/celeb chase point.

We have never thrown questions.

The accusation of throwing questions is utterly bizarre in that the complete opposite is true. Chasers are all narcissistic dullards who want to show off to the world just how much we know. But what about the Celeb Chases? Those shows get us our bigger audience figures, and our need to show off is even greater. But we are human, and we all have our weaknesses. There are hundred and hundreds of very simple questions that I do not know the answer to.

The show doesn't work in a celebrity/charity format. You either will have the chaser 'robbing' charities of money 9 times out of 10 if played straight or you have to have the chaser 'throwing' the odd game in a totally unrealistic fashion.

The thing is, ITV are safe as its actually impossible to prove that the chaser is "throwing" the game, as how can you prove that someone should definitely be getting an answer right, even though we ALL know they blatantly are throwing the game.

Its painful to watch them getting simple answers wrong as we know why they are doing it, which makes a mockery of the show as a proper "quiz show".

Not to mention having to endure the likes of Kym Marsh, Antony Cotton and Joe Swash on tv!

Wow, rant-o-rama. :o:D;)

However, I also cannot agree that the Chasers have never thrown questions. Anne definitely threw a few in this celeb Final Chase... :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭deandean

Just as well she threw a few there, those two were absolutely brootal! Didn't know what a custard cream is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

6... The Vixen must be bricking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Pushbacks needed.

• Advertisement

6... The Vixen must be bricking it.

In fairness, he did get some right stinkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ha. It was over before I typed that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Your man got screwed with some very tough questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,224 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Shaun Ryder on the celebrity special - possibly pre-recorded to avoid any swears :D

• Advertisement

1000th episode this Thursday.

Take it away, Kool & the Gang: :D:);)

And the Chasers will certainly be celebrating, as all five of them will be taking part. :):);)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Ah, I was wondering what the story was with all the Chasers taking turns. And Marks fancy bow tie!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Kaiser84

This old Scottish guy is very funny.

Great show tonight. Thought they might have saved the beast for last. Loved when he said that they hadn't won anything yet and John said "But I beat you"!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Dear Lord above, who let/sent Jenny out with that hair :eek:

And if they have to send her out with those pointy specs, could they at least put some appropriate lenses in them? She's forever squinting through them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

It takes around two hours to film an episode of The Chase, with Bradley filming three shows in one day. In a scheduling block, 12 episodes are recorded over four days.

More here

It takes around two hours to film an episode of The Chase, with Bradley filming three shows in one day. In a scheduling block, 12 episodes are recorded over four days.

More here

In fairness to Bradley Walsh, he is absolutely brilliant. Must be hard to maintain that level of quick wit and pleasant presenting over a few days. And great rapport with the Chasers.

I would imagine there is a bit of jokes set up with a bit of info on what the contestants do, hobbies etc.
    I am often thinking he may know the questions (him and only him) that will come up on the Chase platform as some of his witty jokes seem a bit "pre-rehearsed"

Its such a simple and cheap to produce format (and the prize money is only a fraction of what the show makes on airing the show, I would imagine!)

Whoever came up with the show, as well as shows like Pointless etc, must be a very rich man!

Anyone know if he is leaving The Chase now that he is launching his own show??

WHAT?!?

Bradders will keep on hosting the show as long as he enjoys it. You can be sure of that. :);)

WHAT?!?

Bradders will keep on hosting the show as long as he enjoys it. You can be sure of that. :);)

?

I would imagine that, more seeking confirmation of this rather than what one would deem the "obvious".

I think his new show bombed, so can't see him leaving The Chase any time soon.

Tonight's is interesting! I wonder if he'll get many in Final? £100,000. What was she thinking of??

• Advertisement

Wonder why Metro decided to print 35 facts about the show - rather than a round number like 20 or 50?

It couldn't be possible that Bullseye's 35th birthday the day before had something to do with this... could it? :eek: :o:D;)

BullsEye%20with%20Jim%20Bowen

Glancing at some of these facts:

* Can't say I'm surprised that the Chasers are good friends both in and out of the show, or that the questions that make Bradley laugh are slipped in deliberately.

* I think most people already know, or have an inkling, that the producers tell the Chasers what to offer. It's very rare these days for an episode to not feature at least one minus offer - and when the first three contestants put, say, £16k in the prize fund, you just know the fourth contestant is going to be offered £44k (to take it up to £15k apiece)...

* Mark's 26 consecutive correct answers in a single Final Chase is a record that even at this stage may never be beaten:

* Good to hear that Fanny Chmelar herself was amused by that question, too. :D

* Best moment of Larry's £60k win: "What's the name of the Lone Ranger's horse?" Mark: "Tonto. Oh, you idiot!" (thumps board in frustration) :D

* Not surprised either that Shaun is a smiley, cheerful bloke outside of the studio. His smile is quite nice, too: :D;)

image.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I'm a bit late to the party, but I love The Chase especially when Bradley gets a fit of the giggles.

Wonder why Metro decided to print 35 facts about the show - rather than a round number like 20 or 50?

Any link to this article?

I'm a sucker for useless trivia/gossip!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Any link to this article?

I'm a sucker for useless trivia/gossip!

See Cortina's post above... ;)

See Cortina's post above... ;)
    Duh!

That's what comes from reading the thread and watching The Chase at the same time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72,224 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I liked Arnie!

Bosch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I liked Arnie!

Thought he was a ponce....

I liked Arnie!

Just watching now.

Thought they were all a bit mean, taking the piss out of him :(

What is it with Chase contestants wanting Motor Homes/Camper Vans? Almost every day one contestant says it's on their wish list!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement