Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chase

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Saw this last night. The best chase ever! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIJE7gXIiMA
    Flippin' hell!

But.... the heads of hair on the pair of 'em :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

For goodness sake!! The Vixen couldnt answer how many are 6 dozen today!! and she took 6 seconds to think about it !!
    She was pretty bad all right. Really bottled it.

Hey, even a Chaser can let the pressure get to them sometimes. ;)

After all, the studio is big, there are thousands of pounds on the line, and it's all going to be watched by two million people...

And Shaun has struggled with simple maths questions, too. ;)

Jenny's well able to laugh at it, though: ;)

https://twitter.com/jenlion/status/732252907635101696

Saw this last night. The best chase ever! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIJE7gXIiMA

That was a brilliant Final Chase all right. However, I think this one is even better... :D;)

(There was a video of it in full, but ITV blocked it on copyright grounds. Boo. :()

Hey, even a Chaser can let the pressure get to them sometimes. ;)

After all, the studio is big, there are thousands of pounds on the line, and it's all going to be watched by two million people...

And Shaun has struggled with simple maths questions, too. ;)

Jenny's well able to laugh at it, though: ;)

https://twitter.com/jenlion/status/732252907635101696

That was a brilliant Final Chase all right. However, I think this one is even better... :D;)

(There was a video of it in full, but ITV blocked it on copyright grounds. Boo. :()

Brilliant! Mind you, I love The Chase full stop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I wouldnt call basic arithmetic pressure! She threw the answer out after 5 seconds of thinking and she was in control of the game time wise at the time!! I trust the chasers wholeheartedly (except on the celebrity version ) bit I am a tad dubious about this!

I wouldnt call basic arithmetic pressure! She threw the answer out after 5 seconds of thinking and she was in control of the game time wise at the time!! I trust the chasers wholeheartedly (except on the celebrity version ) bit I am a tad dubious about this!

I think we might have to agree to disagree on this one... :o;)

Anyway, here's Natalie "Sonia" Cassidy seizing the opportunity to enrage the Beast - or at least annoy him greatly. :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

The question on Friday about George Rainsford was harsh. He is in Casualty normally not Holby City BUT because the two are connected some of them cross over and George Rainsford did do a cameo in Holby on Tuesday.

THAT was some chase tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 72,224 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Boo-urns for going for the lower amount!

Boo-urns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

He's a knob... Sinha wil enjoy wiping the smile off his face then we'll see "who are ya!" (Pity the ladies though).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,224 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Both going for the lower amount :(

Gung Ho, me hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Does anyone know when will they show new episodes again?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Can any other quiz buffs please put me out of my misery here?

Last Friday's Chase.... Sue was the first up.... where else do i know her from??? (I'm assuming it's another quiz show)

It's driving me mad... hopefully someone else recognised her as well!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Can any other quiz buffs please put me out of my misery here?

Last Friday's Chase.... Sue was the first up.... where else do i know her from??? (I'm assuming it's another quiz show)

It's driving me mad... hopefully someone else recognised her as well!

Didn't see that one. You'd often see familiar faces popping up. There was a "John" on a few weeks ago that I think was on Who Wants to be a Millionaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

How did you get on with Pointless? Or more crucially - how did you get on Pointless.... Most of these shows will only take residents of the UK....:rolleyes:

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

Well done our Ed. :D;)

Unfortunately he didn't get £60k towards his charity - the Governess was just a little too good in the Final Chase. :o;)

New series of The Chase from next Monday 29th.

Minus £15,000?!?!?

MINUS FIFTEEN THOUSAND POUNDS??!!?!?!??!?!!?!?

ARE YOU KIDDING??!??!?!!!?!??!?!!?!????!!?!??!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That said, the Vixen does have this excellent meme... ;)

https://twitter.com/jenlion/status/772846241323548672

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,605 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Minus £15,000?!?!?

MINUS FIFTEEN THOUSAND POUNDS??!!?!?!??!?!!?!?

You wouldn't mind but he was stone useless in the final chase. I don't think he even attempted to answer one question.

You wouldn't mind but he was stone useless in the final chase. I don't think he even attempted to answer one question.

Did they win?

Yep, no effort to redeem himself whatsoever.

Did they win?

They were caught with five seconds left. Justice served, you could say. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,605 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Yep, no effort to redeem himself whatsoever.

They were caught with five seconds left. Justice served, you could say. ;)

The guy in the middle was very good ,he single handedly answered most of the questions.
    They got 17 and managed 4/5 push backs .

Paul put that guy in his place ,after he said Paul had a fat face.:D

Pauls joke about the guy breaking the internet like Kim Kardashian was priceless ,the Chasers have a great sense of humour .

Best show on tv for me at the moment .

Just an observation but the seating seems well planned. Nearly always middle-aged man/woman in seat 1-2 and will score well and get decent money. Young male almost always seems to be in seat 4 as the most likely to take the low offer and be the villain.

In fairness, when there is over 50K in the pot and only 2 home and you aren't the brightest you would be probably smart to take the lower offer, no point trying to be the hero! Paul knew he was always going to take the minus offer so the minus -15K was damage limitation. team were right to not put pressure on him, he could have been the difference with an answer or two in the final chase! Also still would have been 13K each!

I think if tjhey had dissuaded him or shown that they would have been highly infuriated if he took it he may have changed his mind, he didn't seem to make his decision on an extremely selfish basis, seemed to be stuttery somewhat about it when they made it clear they wanted him back! I wouldnt hold it against him!

Tonights was magical. £75,000 between three. Well deserved.

23 on the board. Up against The Governess. Hope they do it............hasnt been 23 caught in 5 years

great final chase, all about the pushbacks

• Advertisement

Good heavens, has the Sinnerman already been there five years?!? :eek: :eek:

Time flies when you're having fun, I suppose. :D;)

https://sinhaha.com/2016/09/08/five-years/

Advertisement