Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Grayditch wrote: »
    I really like Bo Bristle IPA.

First time I had it like a year ago it was pretty crap, had it more recently (christmas-ish) and it was a LOT better, then again down in IFSC at the indoor fest and it was better again, apparently since then they have started dry hopping it more and it's better again but haven't tried it since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

What's your deal Seanah? You always post 'insider information/breaking news' styley stuff. Are you in the brewing industry or are you just an enthusiast/conossieur(that word is pretty much unspellable apparently) that keeps a breast (giggity) of things? Just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

I really like Bo Bristle IPA.

Tried it ages ago thought it was a crap, bland english style IPA. It's probably improved in the mean time tho. Something similar happened to Trouble Brewing Sabotage IPA, improved at lot compared to what it used to be. I guess most of these brewerys are new and still finding their feet. The fierce competition in the Irish craft beer market at the moment probably helps too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Got to try Franciscan Well Red Ale on draught last night, damn fine beer

strobe wrote: »
    What's your deal Seanah? You always post 'insider information/breaking news' styley stuff. Are you in the brewing industry or are you just an enthusiast/conossieur(that word is pretty much unspellable apparently) that keeps a breast (giggity) of things? Just curious.

I'm a student who spends more time browsing twitter/facebook than studying who happens to like beer quite a bit and takes an interest in Irish brews.

The pics I posted today came from Brew Dock and Hookers FB pages. Just happened to be on my news feed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That was my first Bo Bristle and I'm glad I didn't try the earlier one. That'll be a regular pick up for me, I'd say.

On Hardknott Azimuth IPA, now. As the bottle suggested, hint of apricot. It's really nice actually. Very fruity, but dry on the finish.

That's 2/2 good from Hardknott for me, now.

That was my first Bo Bristle and I'm glad I didn't try the earlier one. That'll be a regular pick up for me, I'd say.

On Hardknott Azimuth IPA, now. As the bottle suggested, hint of apricot. It's really nice actually. Very fruity, but dry on the finish.

That's 2/2 good from Hardknott for me, now.

I think Cassidy's have the Bo Bristle on tap if you want to try it on draught, had it last time I was there anyway.

Seaneh wrote: »
    I think Cassidy's have the Bo Bristle on tap if you want to try it on draught, had it last time I was there anyway.

Yeah, I'd definitely grab one next time I'm passing, nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,144 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Off topic somewhat but it is great to see the list of Irish Breweries that was posted above and it will be great to see St Mels start brewing in Longford and hopefully someone takes over the old Galway Hooker premises in Roscommon. Things really have taken off in the last 24 months in terms of availability and options for someone to try something other than the big boys offerings.

Oh and as for drinking tonight, Zywiec, which has sadly become not as pleasant as I remember. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭rob316

At home sipping on mountain man -green bullet. Very nice and only €1.50 a 33cl bottle

• Advertisement

Sierra Nevada Beer Camp #95 Imperial Red Ale.

Hadn't seen this one before, so an "imperial red ale" interested me. It's what you'd expect, from SN, quality wise. Got quite strong as it warmed in the hand. Not sure I'd trust this type of drink from many other breweries, infact has anyone ever had another imperial red ale?

rob316 wrote: »
    At home sipping on mountain man -green bullet. Very nice and only €1.50 a 33cl bottle

I'd pick a load up at the price! Quite fond of Hairy Goat, too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Interested to see what the session ale is like. I'm a big fan of dead pony club, wonder if it compares..
    More Jarl than Dead Pony, but fuppin' lovely. €5.10 a pint in Against the Grain.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

Very nice and only €1.50 a 33cl bottle

Where would that be...?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,016 ✭✭✭✭rob316

laros wrote: »
    Where would that be...?

Hadn't realised it was popular. It was in the galvins carry out on Brandon road in cork city.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,458 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Owryan wrote: »
    Got to try Franciscan Well Red Ale on draught last night, damn fine beer

Absolutely love their Purgatory IPA.

Started tonight with a KPA, then a Full Sail and now having a can of Punk.
    Punk is nice but not nearly as nice as the other two. I used to love it but it just seems a bit imbalanced compared to other IPAs nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Gigantic IPA. As good as an IPA can get. Great beer.

BeerNut wrote: »
    More Jarl than Dead Pony, but fuppin' lovely. €5.10 a pint in Against the Grain.

Was about to something similar. Just Had a (generous) taster in Brew Dock (same price here). Very nice beer, Troubles new fella must know what he's at!
    Sipping a pint of whistle blower now. Fantastic beer. The nose is unassuming but dear lord the taste is a face full of hops.

3 out of 3 for me from troubles new brews. Hope they are all made regulars.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Gigantic IPA. As good as an IPA can get. Great beer.

Whered you pick up that gem?

We don't get enough good oregonian beers this side of the world (rogue can fup off back to the donut shop).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Whered you pick up that gem?

We don't get enough good oregonian beers this side of the world (rogue can fup off back to the donut shop).

Ha.

Got it from Brewdog. Also got a bottle of The Future Is Now too :)

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Ha.

Got it from Brewdog. Also got a bottle of The Future Is Now too :)

I need to actually look at the BD shop. What's shipping like?

The envy is strong in me right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Kenmare Irish Pale Ale. Fairly average?

Had started the night with 2 cans each of Brooklyn Lager and Sierra Nevada Torpedo. You know what you're getting and I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

BeerNut wrote: »

How does it compare to the Blacks Session Pale Ale (if you have tried)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Started with Founders All Day from a can then a few Dead Pony clubs and finished off with a Jackhammer.

Nice hoppy evening.

I haven't had blacks session (big fan of blacks though) but I think it's worth trying independent of anything else. For 5.10 a pint it's a cracking beer and for something thats only 3.6% avb it has a lot going on flavor and smell wise. I actually think it smells a lot more complex than whistle blower does despite being less than half as strong alcoholicly.

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Started with Founders All Day from a can then a few Dead Pony clubs and finished off with a Jackhammer.

Nice hoppy evening.

You had me until jackhammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

You had me until jackhammer.

I like it.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Kenmare Irish Pale Ale. Fairly average?

Had started the night with 2 cans each of Brooklyn Lager and Sierra Nevada Torpedo. You know what you're getting and I like it.

I haven't tasted it yet so I can't pass comment on the beer itself besides pointing out that it's a long way from the coast of Kerry it was brewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,458 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Moved on to a Carrig Pipers Pale Ale.
    Reminds me of earlier versions of Sabotage but not as nice.
    Still, not bad for a relatively new brewery.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Some Sierra Nevada Torpedo tonight. One I'm always happy to go back to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement