Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭toffeeshel

I see you are in Maynooth, couple questions

What offo were you in? I'm going to be in the area on Saturday, going to Carton House, do you know if it has any Craft?

Think they have a Kellysmountain on draught :( They used to have bottles of Trouble Brewing - for your sake I hope they still have :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Had about 6 pints of Camden Ale in the Thomas House last night. Absolutely gorgeous stuff. They say once it's gone, it's gone which is a shame. €5 for a pint and 4% made it perfect for drinking a few of.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭boardbeer

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Not sure about Maynooth but Dunboyne has an off licence not too far away that has a good enough choice of beers.
    Supervalu @ Glenroyal always carry a great selection of beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A pint of Heritage cider in TTT

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

bigfootale.jpg

Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale

Rich, fruity, caramel flavours with just a nice amount of hops to give it some balance.

• Advertisement

Enjoyed a few other nice ciders. Muddy Scamp being my favorite, at 6.9% a strong drop but wonderfully balanced. Followed by Dunkertons late sweet vintage again a strong enough coder but it hides it so well like all good ciders. Finished my ciders with a pint of "Down Down Cider.. apparently made in collaboration with Status Quo.. A very enjoyable middle of the road cider coming in at 4.5% .. a lot like their music really.

Ending with a delicious pint of Marys Ruby Mild on Cask. Was in fantastic condition and a very enjoyable low ABV drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

I had a Dot Brew Imperial Stout earlier. Barrel Aged and absolutely fantastic. Much easier to drink and less heavy on the whiskey side than a Founders Backwoods Bastard. I'd definitely get it again but it's limited edition, so get if you see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 arekf

Litovel, Czech dark beer.

Wonderful stuff, cheap as fook too. Lovely smooth, full malty flavour. Everything you want from the style, basically.

Any clue where to buy Litovel it in Dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rufuseric82

I had a Dot Brew Imperial Stout earlier. Barrel Aged and absolutely fantastic. Much easier to drink and less heavy on the whiskey side than a Founders Backwoods Bastard. I'd definitely get it again but it's limited edition, so get if you see it!

The price is putting me off. €9 is a lot no matter how nice it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

arekf wrote: »
    Any clue where to buy Litovel it in Dublin ?

Let us know.

Kostritzer can't be the only option.

Brewdog are dickheads for getting rid of Zeitgeist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Was up North over the weekend and picked up all these in Sainsburys.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Was up North over the weekend and picked up all these in Sainsburys.

I was up the north too over the weekend! :)

Picked up these and a clatter of of SNPA.

392046.JPG

They were all 4 for £6, which considering how weak the pound is at the moment, is really good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I'm going to Newry on Wednesday hopefully. Should be able to nip into Sainsbury's for a look.

I'm going to Newry on Wednesday hopefully. Should be able to nip into Sainsbury's for a look.

I got mine in Tesco. There wasn't a great range in the ASDA next door.

I'll be parking in the large car park at Sainsbury's, how far away is Tesco from there?

I'll be parking in the large car park at Sainsbury's, how far away is Tesco from there?

Sorry, I should've added that I was in Enniskillen.....so quite a bit away! ;)

I was just giving you the heads up in case you were looking for the same selection in Sainsburys.

Loads of BrewDog beers, Punk, 5AM, Elvis Juice, etc. They even had my old favourite Goose Island IPA. All in the 4 for £6 offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

There's a tesco in newry, about a 15min walk from Sainsburys, but I've never been in it.

it looks like it's a Tesco Extra, which is basically the same as a Spar or a Centra.

it looks like it's a Tesco Extra, which is basically the same as a Spar or a Centra.

You're thinking of Tesco Express.

yes, I am.

Hmm, might be worth tipping up then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭laros

There's a large Tesco in Banbridge... about 15 mins up the road from Newry

I'd love a trip to The Vineyard in Belfast. Always jealous of the range of beers they get. Is there anything similar in Newry?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Just back from the states where i picked up a few beers to bring back. Had Sculpin IPA by Ballast point. Had been looking forward to this for a while, didn't disappoint either. Fruity but with a great bitterness. Typical west coast IPA. Can see why its one of the top rated.
    Also brough back stone ruination and Elysian space dust but yet to try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Strawberry sour by Yellowbelly was lovely. I would like to try their core stuff again sometime but I'll stick to their specials.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

RasTa wrote: »
    Strawberry sour by Yellowbelly was lovely. I would like to try their core stuff again sometimes but I'll stick to their specials.

I'd love if they bottled their pale ale

I'd love if they bottled their pale ale

Oh yes! If only. One of the main reasons I'm planning another visit back to Wexford. Fantastic pale ale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Drinking a Founders Day Session IPA, slightly bland I must say

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

Drinking a Founders Day Session IPA, slightly bland I must say

Sacrilege!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Cast Iron wrote: »
    Sacrilege!

Genuinely can't say I'd rush to buy them again, but that's just me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

Genuinely can't say I'd rush to buy them again, but that's just me :)

As a session ale it's right up there in my book in terms of maintaining flavour and not becoming watery relative to higher ABV IPAs. Founders as a brewery are extremely well thought of.
    Taste is a very personal thing though!

I've been advised to try Whiplash Rollover IPA which is a session. Their DIPA is delicious so hoping it'll be good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement