Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Sitting in the sun at Alfie byrnes having a fantastic siren Proteus and watching all the lovely office women walk over and back between the offices
    What a fantastic place to people watch at

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Bornem Double from the Lidl Selection box, prachtig !

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Had my first Stone last night. First few sips were bad, no realy hop flavour or aroma. Left it for 5 mins and it made a huge difference, loads of hops and intense bitter finish. Not the most refined IPA but I'd get it again if looking for a nice better hop beer.
    Had a Magic Rock Salty Kiss as well. Nice but better beers of that type around. don't know much about Gose beers but it was a bit like a sour but not as good as White Hag's lemon sour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Currently drinking my first 'Berlin' Stone IPA. It's a very good beer. Lots of pine and grapefruit on the nose and palette, big hops, a dry finish with a long lingering bitterness. Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,984 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

O Brother Who What Wheat Where, American wheat IPA. Not loving it, big bitterness to start goes abit bland then and finishes bitter again. No sweetness or fruitiness in particular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Brewdog Hinterland. It's a pity it's a limited release that's no longer available because it's a bit special.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

Got a present of a few bottles of 'St Bernardus Abt 12' last night off a guy, tried that beer last year and its still like cream, great after taste and what a nice buzz from it, only have the two but that's enough for starters, have a bottle of 'Franziskaner wheat' also a great beer and a bottle of 'Tap 7' to finish it off, bit of a mix but all great beer I think and looking forward to the night

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭sceach16

:D
    minterno wrote: »
    Got a present of a few bottles of 'St Bernardus Abt 12' last night off a guy, tried that beer last year and its still like cream, great after taste and what a nice buzz from it, only have the two but that's enough for starters, have a bottle of 'Franziskaner wheat' also a great beer and a bottle of 'Tap 7' to finish it off, bit of a mix but all great beer I think and looking forward to the night

Thats a nice list!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Trouble / Coisbo Milk Stout. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

had a lovely session Rye Ale from Dotbrew last night. I couldn't get enough of it. Lovely stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭pat25c

I had the Guinness xx stout yesterday with a club sandwich, very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭sceach16

pat25c wrote: »

How was the Guinness?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Also have a stone IPA. It's been years since I've had this beer, this is a beautiful old school IPA, very bitter, nice and piney.

It's mad how much IPAs have changed over the years. These days it's all late addition hops and massive aroma steeps and dry hopping.

I can see why some people are disappointed with it, but this is and old school American IPA style.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

pat25c wrote: »
    That's just standard Guinness in retro packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FineAle

Yellow Belly/Hope, Castaway - Most excellent. Will pick up a few more of these.
    Woodkey Brewing Anniversary session ale - Enjoyed this, packing a good punch of flavour, a lighter bodied Pilgrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Finally getting around to drinking the bottle of Castaway I purchased a few weeks ago. Superb, what a beautiful drink. I regret only buying one now...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭Rob987

Enjoying a bottle of Kloster Andechs hell, followed by Weihenstephaner weissbier dunkel. Have a case of Paulaner original munchner hell (lager) on the way from the UK. Love my German beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

Rob987 wrote: »
    Enjoying a bottle of Kloster Andechs hell, followed by Weihenstephaner weissbier dunkel. Have a case of Paulaner original munchner hell (lager) on the way from the UK. Love my German beer!

Enjoy! May I ask what website you purchased the beer in UK.?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭Rob987

Sure - it's Beers of Europe http://www.beersofeurope.co.uk/

Have used them for years. Huge selection of world beers ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

beer_135773.jpg

Founders Sumatra Mountain Brown Ale

9% ABV. Delicious Imperial Brown Ale. Rich, sweet, coffee, chocolate, all perfectly balanced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

funnily enough sipping on this now, didn't realise it was 9% until I read your post (was gulping it down beforehand).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

funnily enough sipping on this now, didn't realise it was 9% until I read your post (was gulping it down beforehand).

Yep, that's the thing. It's so easy to drink.

Blacks World's End. I've had it a while but now I'm regretting that I only bought one of them. It's seriously good.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭calnand

Zaph wrote: »
    Blacks World's End. I've had it a while but now I'm regretting that I only bought one of them. It's seriously good.

I've eight of them, really great beer. O'Briens seem to have a few left in a few stores.

Just checked, loads left especially naas for some reason, https://www.obrienswine.ie/blacks-imperial-stout-50cl-bottle.html

calnand wrote: »
    I've eight of them, really great beer. O'Briens seem to have a few left in a few stores.

Just checked, loads left especially naas for some reason, https://www.obrienswine.ie/blacks-imperial-stout-50cl-bottle.html

Nice one, might have to try and hunt some down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

World's End is a cracking beer, probably the best I've had all year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

The story behind Yellowbelly/Hope's Castaway (inc. a ballpark recipe) for anyone thats interested:

http://www.irishsourbeers.com/2016/06/crackaway-going-native-in-wexford.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Who is this DOT brewery? Taking the P a little bit with a €9 release for an imperial stout for their first beer. Think it's a 330ml

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭matrim

RasTa wrote: »
    Who is this DOT brewery? Taking the P a little bit with a €9 release for an imperial stout for their first beer. Think it's a 330ml

I picked it up last week and it was a 500ml bottle. Think I got it for around 5 in baggot st wines

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

matrim wrote: »
    I picked it up last week and it was a 500ml bottle. Think I got it for around 5 in baggot st wines

Yeah thought it was 500ml when the guy in Martins pointed it out but checked online and it's showing as 330ml on their site. Anyway it's €9 in Martins so I'll blame them.

It anygood?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement