Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,984 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Can of Victory Summer Love yesterday, very enjoyable, very drinkable, reminded me of a flavourful pale ale. Nice smooth start and a nice bitter finish, refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Really loving Horny Bull Stout by Hillstown Brewery just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

Killarney Brewing IPA, solid hoppy beer, enjoyed the few I had.

Had their Blonde too too, find it meh but that's how I find most down that 'may aswell be lager' end of the spectrum.

Also had a Clever Man Little Willie Tank APA. Was handy enough drinking, not that bitter and looked good out of the bottle. Went well with the chowder I was eating.

Hoping to get a Killarney stout somewhere later.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭Rob987

Enjoying a bottle of Paulaner Munich lager. Not to be confused with their wheat beer. Best Munich lager for my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Bottle of Handsome Jack by Hope Beer. Really disliked this and would be hard pressed to call it an IPA. Not much hop flavour, extremely sweet and spicy that had flavours more like the rum finish Innis and Gunn than any IPA I've had.
    Can't get enough of Forepure's Shape Shifter IPA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭matrim

I had an 8degrees Mandarina Bavaria last night. Really nice fruity and juicy IPA

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

Just had a coupe of cans of Surrender to the Void. Beautiful beer that really hides it's strength well. More will be had... But not today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Couple of Blacks Chocolate Vanilla Imperial Stout. Lovely stuff but needs to warm up a bit before it really opens up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Two glasses of Founders KBS on draught in the Salthouse this evening. At €11.50 for a 330ml pour, and nigh on 12%, that's enough for me!

Freaking outstanding stout all the same:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

having my first surrender to the void. Just me or am I getting big oniony flavours. Often heard people describe this flavour for an IPA but never got it till now. Reminds me of Hop Stoopid a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Founders Backwoods Bastard lovely smell of Scotch from this. Taste was amazing.
    Taste is bourbon, wood, caramel and finishes with a zingy bitter bite. As it warmed up more more flavours and smells flowed. Really liked this beer and at 11% glad I was sharing a bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Got another couple Lidl Crafty IPA and a couple of the Crafty Lagers for her indoors to have before leaving for the Roses later.

Hitting the Brew Dock for pre drinks and soakage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Got another couple Lidl Crafty IPA and a couple of the Crafty Lagers for her indoors to have before leaving for the Roses later.

Hitting the Brew Dock for pre drinks and soakage.

Bit of a trek from the Brew Dock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Bit of a trek from the Brew Dock

bus going from across the river

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

A few of my last Coisbo Manhattan Dawns tonight. :D

Gauloise Blond from Lidl, very drinkable, typically Belgian in flavour, bit on the carbonated side but overall good for 4for€8. Matched well with the Pork Saltimbocca dinner i had it with.

Siren Broken Dream last night, beautiful as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭emo72

Lads anywhere in Dublin sell 8 degrees sesiun IPA?

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭calnand

Went to my local lidl and wow it has improved, much better beer selection but more importantly loads of the Irish IPA. Great beer, worth the long wait to try it.

M&S White IPA, made for them by Adams, really good, well balanced, smooth,orange and grapefruit flavour and a light hoppiness.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

emo72 wrote: »
    anywhere in Dublin sell 8 degrees sesiun IPA?
    Currently on tap in Alfie Byrne's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Had a Whiplash Rollover IPA to start, an excellent IPA. Very fruity with plenty of body, more than it's 3.8% would suggest.

Having a Founders Devil Dancer, triple IPA. Wow. Very malty to start, similar to a barley wine, then big bitterness to finish. Absolutely delicious. At 12% it's a bruiser of an IPA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Had a Whiplash Rollover IPA to start, an excellent IPA. Very fruity with plenty of body, more than it's 3.8% would suggest.

Lovely drink on a hot day (cider is not my thing). Really refreshing

Lads anywhere in Dublin sell 8 degrees sesiun IPA?

Sorry lads it's called summer days on the bottle too. I think it's only available in pubs. Can't find it for sale anywhere. Anyone got a clue?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm almost sure I've seen that in Molloys in Clonsilla at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Sorry lads it's called summer days on the bottle too. I think it's only available in pubs. Can't find it for sale anywhere. Anyone got a clue?

Yeah everywhere has that, Molloys, drinkstore, Martins and Mchugh's for the northside peeps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Collaboration Brew "Black Coffee IPA".....nice and smooth while watching the game

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm almost sure I've seen that in Molloys in Clonsilla at some point.

Picked up a crate of it tonight. Cheers mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭matrim

Tonight I had

Galway Bay Acid Mother: First couple of sips were a bit too sour but once I got into it it was a nice lime flavour with very little carbonation. Was almost like a more sour (and less sweet) version of a lime cordial.

Trouble Hello Sunshine Session IPA: A decent session. Not the hoppiest but a nice malty pale ale with a bit of bitterness at the end (Although my tastebuds may have been hit by the aforementioned sour)

Galway Bay Of Foam and Fury: I haven't had it in a good while because I missed the last couple of brews. It was nice with loads of tropical fruit (mango, pineapple, lychee) but I don't think it was quite as malty or bitter as what I remember. But it's still a lovely beer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Disappointment with the Beermarket on Sat. night.

3 of the first 6 beers we ordered off the menu weren't in stock. One of which I was told they don't sell at all :rolleyes:

Focus seemed firmly towards food which is a shame. Lots of lovely beers in stock but very difficult to see what the have given the layout and where their main fridge is.

Some staff we v helpful and knowledgeable but others simply didn't have a clue on the beer side of things at all. Given how they market themselves found this bit annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Did anyone else here go to the Kilkenny Craft Beer Festival? I was there on Saturday and they had some great beers on draft in Billy Byrnes. Highlight was probably Soulwater's Cosmic Cow, a milk stout served on nitro and two-poured. There was also a delicious Rye pale ale that I can't remember the name of. I enjoyed most of the beers there actually, but didn't manage to fit in all 20!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement