Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

c - 13 wrote: »
    In belgium this weekend so have visited so far - Brasserie de la senne, brussels beer project, fort lapin and de halve mann breweries. Great beer all round. Have picked up a Westvleteren blonde, 8 and 12 amongst others to bring back ...

My local Molloys had 4 of the Brasserie de la Senne beers and I tried them a while back. Really nice beers. They were all classic Belgian styles that had a real contemporary feel to them. Decent enough price too as far as I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

Got some beers today from the Belgian site mentioned here a few weeks back.

I got 10 and a few homebrew mates also got some.
    We were left a few beers short and getting a refund.

I also picked up a crate of Kozel dark during the week.

Today I took advantage of dunnes 4 for €9 on proper job and there 4 for €7 on McGargles bangin ipa cousin frankie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Schneider Aventinus Weizen-Eisbock, what a stunning beer. Building on the Tap 6 Aventinus but with a lot more kick to it. One of the nicest beers I've tasted. Got a Triple Karmeliet and a St Bernardus Pater 6 in the fridge too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

beer_252824.jpg

Edge Padrino

Slight dry and malty with a light enough body. Had it on draught and it was okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Founders Breakfast Stout for the night that's in it. Solid stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Sirens Caribbean Chocolate Cake, as people on here were saying how good it is. And it is. Perfect for the wild and wet day we're having.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Perfect for the wild and wet day we're having.
    Do tell ;) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Did you get it in Dublin? Been keeping my eye open for it and not seen it yet. Also can never seem to find Shanco Dubh these days either.

Supervalu in Kilkenny. €12.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Do tell ;) :P

Yeah should have worded that better :p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Did you get it in Dublin? Been keeping my eye open for it and not seen it yet. Also can never seem to find Shanco Dubh these days either.

Molloys in Clonsilla had a couple of the Barrel Aged Leann Follain the other day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Molloys in Clonsilla had a couple of the Barrel Aged Leann Follain the other day.

Probus had about a dozen bottles of it last Saturday too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Was in Amsterdam for the weekend, visiting family and had the yunfleh with me so not much chance to get out and about.

I did get to visit Brouwerij 't IJ though, had an amazingly fresh IPA, and a Columbus which is an amber, with undertones of Belgian yeast.

The Mrs had two glasses of the the Coffee Bock - SIDAMO GUJI ALE. I don't like coffee at all, but she said it was a decent coffee infused beer.

Also stopped off at a little place in Vondelpark where the mrs wanted to get some Gluhwein. I found a few bottles from Brouwerij De 7 Deugden, I had a Blonde Ale and a Dunkelweisen, both bottled.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Mitchell's in the CHQ Building in the IFSC have some barrel aged Leann Folláin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Any suggestions on what order I should l lay into these guys?

Sheppard Neame Double Stout.
    Innis & Gunn Original.
    Wild Bat Sonic California Common Ale.
    Drygate Gladeye IPA.
    Drygate Ax Man Rye IPA.
    Drygate Outaspace Apple Ale.

I'm thinking as above, or maybe put the Rye third?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Any suggestions on what order I should l lay into these guys?

2 Sheppard Neame Double Stout.
    3 Innis & Gunn Original.
    1 Wild Bat Sonic California Common Ale.
    5 Drygate Gladeye IPA.
    6 Drygate Ax Man Rye IPA.
    4 Drygate Outaspace Apple Ale.

I'm thinking as above, or maybe put the Rye third?

That's probably the order I'd go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Tried a Kinnegar Limeburner tonight. First few sips I thought it was ok, but there really isn't much too it. Absolutely ho hop flavour or aroma, strong yeast flavour though which doesn't work for me.

Debating whether or not to open up my O Brother Joe tonight after being disappointed by the Limeburner hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Tried a Kinnegar Limeburner tonight. First few sips I thought it was ok, but there really isn't much too it. Absolutely ho hop flavour or aroma, strong yeast flavour though which doesn't work for me.

Debating whether or not to open up my O Brother Joe tonight after being disappointed by the Limeburner hmmm

Limeburner is the worst of the Kinnegar range that I've tasted, very bland. Their new Crossroads American IPA on the other hand is beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Had the 8 Degrees Snow Eater tonight, a red ipa. Nice nose, hoppy but not too much, a pleasant and quite smooth drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

Bah Humbug Christmas Ale... not too impressed to be honest.

smurf492 wrote: »
    Bah Humbug Christmas Ale... not too impressed to be honest.

those xmas ales, Rosey Nosey and the ilk, are gimmicky shíte imo.

If the name is an attempt at being witty then I generally know to avoid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭baron von something

Had a few different bottles of Carrig beers over the weekend. Safe to say I won't be having any more. Very poor I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Had a few different bottles of Carrig beers over the weekend. Safe to say I won't be having any more. Very poor I thought

had the Carrig Dubh last night and 1/3 of it went down the sink, not good at all and pretty expensive at €4.50

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

had the Carrig Dubh last night and 1/3 of it went down the sink, not good at all and pretty expensive at €4.50
    Do you mean Carraig Dubh by West Kerry Brewery? It's unconnected to Carrig Brewing.
    6619c453bae50e250707ce4957984dd9_320x320.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

BeerNut wrote: »
    Do you mean Carraig Dubh by West Kerry Brewery? It's unconnected to Carrig Brewing.
    6619c453bae50e250707ce4957984dd9_320x320.jpg

To be that sink!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

Had a white hag heather sour ale, tastes like a decent cider. Supposed to be aged in french red wine barrels but wasn't really getting that. Bit of a strange beer tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭CR 7

jsa112 wrote: »
    Had a white hag heather sour ale, tastes like a decent cider. Supposed to be aged in french red wine barrels but wasn't really getting that. Bit of a strange beer tbh.

I had one of these over the weekend too, at the start it was fairly good; nice sour raspberry flavours, but then it just started to get sickly sweet towards the end. It was definitely nice enough in the first half to at least give another one a go. Could have been bad pouring by me or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Let me know what you think of the BrewDog Tokyo, been thinking of adding it to my Xmas order.

Very intense as expected but a little too sweet for me, almost like dried fruit. Would still try it though, just to see what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Timistry

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Founders Breakfast Stout for the night that's in it. Solid stuff.[/QUOTE

Sensational stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

those xmas ales, Rosey Nosey and the ilk, are gimmicky shíte imo.

If the name is an attempt at being witty then I generally know to avoid.
    The Shepherd and Neame Christmas Ale is fantastic. As is the St. Bernardus.

• Advertisement

what are they called?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement